BNH's summer time photo-thread 2010

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't get much better than the cove

shits ranked top 10 snorkel spots in the world

all of la jolla is good though

leopard sharks in the waters behind The Marine Room

maybe point loma... But i haven't checked it out.

I was trying to find some new spots a while ago but there isn't a ton of info online so it's a lot of trial and error which gets discouraging quickly

stolen from internets:

WHERE TO SNORKLE

La Jolla Cove:

You'll find some of the best snorkeling in the world at La Jolla Cove, part of the 6,000-acre La Jolla Underwater Park and Ecological Reserve that stretches to Torrey Pines State Reserve. The park is filled with underwater kelp forests, deep canyons, sandy plains and plentiful sea life. On a day with flat, calm water with little surge or surf, La Jolla Cove is a gem. Once past the first 20 yards of surf and eel grasses, the underwater animal life is remarkable, with alien-looking creatures. Sheep crab up to 2 feet in diameter look like lunar landing modules.

Devil's Slide and the Sea Lion Caves:

Located just north of La Jolla Cove, offer pristine waters teeming with life. About 25 yards out from the cliffs are rock outcroppings in 15 to 20 feet of water. In and around the rock niches, you'll see bat rays, shovel-nose guitarfish and thousands of spiny lobsters. It's not unusual to see web-footed cormorants swimming 15 feet underwater, looking for anchovies and top smelt, that travel in schools of up to 10,000, which the large black sea birds scoop up in their hooked beaks. Leopard and horn sharks up to 6 feet in length are common in the area, and are relatively harmless.

La Jolla Shores:

The best snorkeling off La Jolla Shores can be found south of the Marine Room restaurant and north of the pier. Here you’ll see sandy bottom dwellers like halibut and flounder, stingrays and huge yards of sand dollars, which bury themselves perpendicular in the sand. It's important to remember this area is an ecological preserve, and it is illegal to harass or take any animal or plant. Even if a shell looks empty, other animals may inhabit it."

Shell Beach and Boomers Beach:

Just south of La Jolla Cove, both Boomers and Shell beaches big bottom rocks and offer great snorkeling for advanced swimmers, who can negotiate the stronger underwater surge and higher surf.

Mission Bay:

One of the best places to snorkel in San Diego is also one of the least known. At Mission Point Beach (at the south end of Mission Boulevard), the snorkeling is remarkable. With no surf and very little surge, the shallow, quiet cove is ideal for novices and younger children. Along the rock jetty here, sometimes in less than 2 feet of water, Garibaldi fish swim among delicate coral plants. The gobs of bright orange, red and pink spaghetti-like strands on rock ledges are the eggs of the slimy black sea hares. Octopuses are common, as are sea cucumbers, spiny lobsters and the plentiful kelp bass, which range from a few inches to 2 feet in length.

PM me your email and ill send you the ones from that day unedited. its only like 30 pics.

---

so, im trying to learn this editing software so i can clean up the underwater shots...

..i think they look kinda shitty.if any one could give me some pointers i would appreciate it

O2nKp.jpg

oEPCW.jpg

yqPjE.jpg

7W2KR.jpg

rzv6A.jpg

eJ2e6.jpg

4ESrX.jpg

HbiGV.jpg

YkSaP.jpg

1XaSf.jpg

TMRI4.jpg

No luck on the sting ray shots CS

none of em came out and trying to edit em didn't help one bit

Dow, did you stand up on any waves? Shits harder than it looks huh

inkface i sent those emails last night

---

Vegas trip #2 in 7 days

MGM Grrand this time

are you sure they went through? i just checked my junk and inbox and i got nothing.