San Francisco - Hippie Police State -

lord_casek

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bad personal choices that put a burden on a budget funded from taxes the community/state/nation pays...

i know its a very slippery slope, but i really don't have a problem with this one

I know man, it's really shitty that there are so many animals in shelters these days.

I feel bad for every single one of them, but it's not something you solve by taking

away ones right to buy a pet.

I don't know how to solve this, but I definitely think these buttholes are going about it

the wrong way.

Good law. If you really think this is a bad law go visit the pound.

Or better yet... Get locked up, become a trusty working at the pound and

throw euthanized animals that people decided they no longer wanted into

the incinerator. Trust me... nobody wants that job. I lasted all of 5 minutes

before saying FUCK THIS dressing back into blues and sitting in the tanks

for 2 weeks

Good law. If you really think this is a bad law go visit the pound.

Or better yet... Get locked up, become a trusty working at the pound and

throw euthanized animals that people decided they no longer wanted into

the incinerator. Trust me... nobody wants that job. I lasted all of 5 minutes

before saying FUCK THIS dressing back into blues and sitting in the tanks

for 2 weeks

Are you gonna be mad when they say that you can no longer have a flatscreen tv larger than 32 inches?

I'm not being an asshole, I'm just wondering when you're gonna stop saying "well, this is an ok law."?

I know man, it's really shitty that there are so many animals in shelters these days.

I feel bad for every single one of them, but it's not something you solve by taking

away ones right to buy a pet.

I don't know how to solve this, but I definitely think these buttholes are going about it

the wrong way.

right to buy a pet

i don't know about this. we've got regulations on all kinds of pets as is--snakes, spiders, turtles, etc all have various regulation through out the country. those rules are in place for the good/safety of the community, and i don't think you'll complain about your lack of rights to buy a male lion in downtown SF.

to me, this is a furthering of this principle. protecting the people from the animals as much as the animals from the people.

perhaps screening would be a better interim step, but same thing goes--people that don't want to be screened will just go to another county. just like they'll do if this one passes.

I dont like law period. My disregard for it has resulted in

court sanctioned psych evaluations resulting in some pretty

unflattering judgements.

More than anything i'm mad at the irresponsible people

who made SF decide such laws were necessary. I have

somewhat of a soft spot for animals. As far as im concerned

there could be 75% less police and laws on the books and

everything would be just fine

right to buy a pet

i don't know about this. we've got regulations on all kinds of pets as is--snakes, spiders, turtles, etc all have various regulation through out the country. those rules are in place for the good/safety of the community, and i don't think you'll complain about your lack of rights to buy a male lion in downtown SF.

to me, this is a furthering of this principle. protecting the people from the animals as much as the animals from the people.

perhaps screening would be a better interim step, but same thing goes--people that don't want to be screened will just go to another county. just like they'll do if this one passes.

I do agree. There are reasons that we cannot buy an elephant (*unless you're michael jackson), a lion (*unless your siegfriend and/or roy), a tiger (*see lion), a zebra, etc.

They aren't upset about any of those, though. I don't think you'll ever see (although I'd pay to see it) a lion running the streets of downtown SF any time in the near future (dammit).

I dont like law period. My disregard for it has resulted in

court sanctioned psych evaluations resulting in some pretty

unflattering judgements.

More than anything i'm mad at the irresponsible people

who made SF decide such laws were necessary. I have

somewhat of a soft spot for animals. As far as im concerned

there could be 75% less police and laws on the books and

everything would be just fine

This is how I feel. Stop spending money for dumb shit and there won't be a problem.

I think they could maybe set up an initial tax for pet ownership.

That weeds out the people who maybe cant afford a pet or aren't

completely serious about taking care of it.

- implant pets with RFID tags or something that can identify the animal

-keep records. If someone abandons the pet they pay fines

-if someone abandons a pet or is becomes known to be somebody not responsible with animals black list them... they cant own pets

-fine people who have unregistered animals.

-investigate potential owners.

-make people prove they are worthy of a pet.

I dont kno. I mean. All that shit i just said might prevent people who shouldnt have animals from getting them. Some people have no business owning animals.

Too bad you cant prevent these same people from reproducing. Then we would be on to something

perhaps revenue from programs such as these and the money saved on resources not spent on excessive animal control

they could take better care of the ones that end up in shelter. Perhaps make shelter pet ownership a tax write off, create benefits

for adoption from the pound. Perhaps help with food costs, pay for shots and vaccinations for people that are wiling to adopt animals

that would have been euthanized.

I think they could maybe set up an initial tax for pet ownership.

That weeds out the people who maybe cant afford a pet or aren't

completely serious about taking care of it.

- implant pets with RFID tags or something that can identify the animal

-keep records. If someone abandons the pet they pay fines

-if someone abandons a pet or is becomes known to be somebody not responsible with animals black list them... they cant own pets

-fine people who have unregistered animals.

-investigate potential owners.

-make people prove they are worthy of a pet.

I dont kno. I mean. All that shit i just said might prevent people who shouldnt have animals from getting them. Some people have no business owning animals.

Too bad you cant prevent these same people from reproducing. Then we would be on to something

If they did that, it would be one step closer to all that shit for tv owners, fast food eaters,

etc.

Watch this:

hmmm,

i'm moving to san fran in january..

my girl, who's moving with me owns a dog already, an i wanted to buy one once i got there..

i donno, but the ability to get a medical green card and grow up to six plants legally, out weighs the ability to buy a new doggy...

still moving, don't know how this law could possibly be constitutional...

right to bear arms... errr dogs... haha

it's even better than you thought.

San Francisco

Patients allowed up to 24 plants or 25 square feet of canopy; dispensary gardens capped at 99 plants in 100 square feet. Possession limit 8 oz. dried cannabis per patient.

• Like 1

If they did that, it would be one step closer to all that shit for tv owners, fast food eaters,

etc.

i more mean this as an alternative to a de facto ban on all pets

kinda like a compromise... which is probably what will end up

happening. Making pet ownership illegal for 700 K people or

however many people live in SF isnt going to go over very well

hmmm,

i'm moving to san fran in january..

my girl, who's moving with me owns a dog already, an i wanted to buy one once i got there..

i donno, but the ability to get a medical green card and grow up to six plants legally, out weighs the ability to buy a new doggy...

still moving, don't know how this law could possibly be constitutional...

right to bear arms... errr dogs... haha

Saved me the typing... Expect the bit about your missus... Must spread.

if i lived in SF i'd be more concerned with the chinese restaurants stealing the cats and selling them as chicken meat.

not om nom nom

actually a while back there was a problem with the ducks going missing from golden gate park. guess what happened to them?

and call me a hippie or ask if im umad all you want but im all for this ban. i work in a stupid mall with a pet store that sells cute little puppies and the number of stupid dumb shits who walk out with a puppy when they weren't even looking to get one is outrageous. no research, no preparation, just stupidity.

actually a while back there was a problem with the ducks going missing from golden gate park. guess what happened to them?

and call me a hippie or ask if im umad all you want but im all for this ban. i work in a stupid mall with a pet store that sells cute little puppies and the number of stupid dumb shits who walk out with a puppy when they weren't even looking to get one is outrageous. no research, no preparation, just stupidity.

The duck thing sucks, but it is natures way. People who buy animals for their gf/significant other/whatever without prior thought are stupid. We can't ban stupid.

Maybe a nice program like "if you want to buy this dog/cat/gerbil/hamster you have to pay $25 for this pet education program and attend at least x amount of times" would work better? It would definitely curb dipshits and possibly add some revenue to the cities wallet.

Hippie.

:P

lol serramonte?

Isn't that more or less what abcs was saying that you said was one step closer to your employment record coming up when you order a pizza?

His sounded a little more harsh, I think. I'm not going to re read because I'm lazy.

Wanna buy a stolen cat for when your stolen duck gets annoying? They do quack a lot.

And shit.

The duck thing sucks, but it is natures way. People who buy animals for their gf/significant other/whatever without prior thought are stupid. We can't ban stupid.

Maybe a nice program like "if you want to buy this dog/cat/gerbil/hamster you have to pay $25 for this pet education program and attend at least x amount of times" would work better? It would definitely curb dipshits and possibly add some revenue to the cities wallet.

Hippie.

:P

you're lord casek, make them do it!

one time i was walking thru chinatown and saw a skinned armadillo hanging by a hook. it was fucking gross.