San Francisco - Hippie Police State -

lord_casek

you're lord casek, make them do it!

one time i was walking thru chinatown and saw a skinned armadillo hanging by a hook. it was fucking gross.

Asians sometimes eat gross things.

When I think about it, Americans are actually a bit more gross. McNuggets, for example.

I can't make SF do it. Not unless all the dudes in the workout thread do the whole "Fight Club" scenario. That seems long and complicated.

Gonna go do pushups and then make soap.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'm saying is that people should be able to decide for themselves if they want a soda or a dog. The city is just being gay about it. Like that one city that banned "Happy Meals".

This is coming from someone who thinks McDonald's is the nastiest shit on earth (besides actual nasty shit). I think if someone is so irresponsible/lazy that they give their kids junk food, that's fine. They deserve the diabetes, blockage, etc. that comes with such behavior.

It's all about personal choice.

As for the pets: Same thing. Personal choice. Get rid of the crack cocaine, the dirty needles, etc. and then we can talk about pets.

WAIT.... WAIT.... WAIT....

what's wrong with crack cocaine?

and the soap making i would shut up about. you of all people should know that.

WAIT.... WAIT.... WAIT....

what's wrong with crack cocaine?

and the soap making i would shut up about. you of all people should know that.

Crack weeds out the crackheads too slowly. I'm trying to start a new trend.

I call it "Rat Poison". I'm thinking of changing the name to make it more

appealing.

Also, the soap part is ok to talk about. It's the other thing.

I understand where they are coming from. However to just take animals off of the market like that might be a bit of stretch. Perhaps they could develop some sort of system to owning firearms. Have potential buyers actually get off of their asses and get a license of some sort and do some paper work to weed out those who are shopping on impulse and wont keep the pet longer than 3 months. Maybe even throw a few classes in there about proper care taking of pets. And how to pick up after your dog when he fucking shits in my lawn so I dont have to decapitate him and put it in your mailbox... just an idea

I actually think that this is a great law. It's true, too many people just run out and buy a dog, then drop it off at a shelter when hey don't feel like dealing with the responsibilities of owning a pet.

There are so many, SO MANY animals in shelters, that the fact that anyone would even buy an animal is just down right stupid. It's a living creature, and people should not be allowed to breed, and sell them, especially at a time where there are so many homeless pets living in underfunded shelters.

This is a great law and I fully support it!

No go out an adopt a pet from your local shelter, you'll be saving two animals. You'll save the one that you adopt, and you'll be making a place for a new animal to sleep and stand the chance of getting adopted instead of living on the street.

backyard breeders selling sick puppies to the stores too. everyone wants a new little puppy thinking they are so cute then they pee in the house, they need food, they need shots, then oh no it's time to just conveniently drop them off somewhere far from home or at the pound. it makes me fucking sick.

• Like 1

I feel that the breeding of any animal for sale should be illegal. There are just so many homeless animals out there, and yet people still buy them.

If they don't pas this law, they should at the very least put a temporary ban on breeding and selling animals until the shelter situation improves.

the rescue group i volunteer with found out some asshole in the sacramento area was breeding his dogs under horrible conditions and when he was found out we got a warrant to search his place. before the authority got to him, he had burned and killed most of his dogs and buried them in his backyard. literally they found a mound in the backyard.

when people apply for adoption with us, we interview them, i go to their homes to do a house check. why can't something like this be a prerequisite for buying pet stores pets too?

Just because you're a douchebag with pets doesn't mean the rest of the population is.

Stop buying pets if you don't want the responsibility of taking care of them...or buy a monkey. If they get hungry enough, they'll just rip your face off. Problem solved.

we can only wish this would happen

I have never bought a pet in my life, but have always had cats because they tend to come to my house and if they seem like they have nowhere to go they end up staying with me, I have 1 now (even though my wife is allergic to them) and my mum has 2 that I took in at her house (she is kinda allergic to them too)

I fucking hate people that are cruel to animals, I am not the biggest fan of dogs really but have gone fucking mental at people before for kicking their dog in the streets.

I sometimes think I have more compasion to animals than to people.

Two dogs in Nebraska ate owner's corpse for two weeks after suicide, cops say; pugs up for adoption

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2009/12/17/2009-12-17_two_dogs_in_nebraska_ate_owners_corpse_for_two_weeks_after_suicide_cops_say_pugs.html#ixzz0tbHyc1ubMan's best friend apparently isn't averse to making a meal out of a man.

Two pugs feasted on the flesh of their owner for two weeks after he died, cops in Papillion, Nebraska told the Associated Press. An autopsy determined the man died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

A Human Society spokesman, Mark Langan, told the AP that feeding on the corpse would be normal behavior for dogs left without food or water for such a long time, but he added there is no way to conclusively prove that the dogs had done so.

The Nebraska Humane Society is currently trying to find a home for the dogs, named Harry and Sally.

Langan said the dogs are in good shape - mentally and physically - and added they're unlikely to suffer long-term trauma since "they don't have memories like people."