San Francisco - Hippie Police State -

lord_casek

If the commission approves the ordinance at its meeting tonight, San Francisco could soon have what is believed to be the country’s first ban on the sale of all pets except fish.That includes dogs, cats, hamsters, mice, rats, chinchillas, guinea pigs, birds, snakes, lizards and nearly every other critter, or, as the commission calls them, companion animals.

“People buy small animals all the time as an impulse buy, don’t know what they’re getting into, and the animals end up at the shelter and often are euthanized,” said commission Chairwoman Sally Stephens. “That’s what we’d like to stop.”

Also:

Sodas banned from San Francisco vending machines (replaced with Soy Milk)

VuCFz.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I PROBABLY CONTRIBUTED TO THIS LAW, AS I'VE ABANDONED JUST ABOUT EVERY PET I'VE PURCHASED WHILE SHITFACED AT PETCO... FUCK. OK, IT'S PROLLY FOR THE BEST.

Just because you're a douchebag with pets doesn't mean the rest of the population is.

Stop buying pets if you don't want the responsibility of taking care of them...or buy a monkey. If they get hungry enough, they'll just rip your face off. Problem solved.

I don't like the pets thing. I think it goes too far. I hope there are many lawsuits.

Also, soy milk vending machines. Is SF full of vaginas? They seem to be trying really

hard to make it that way. Enjoy your estrogen, your fanny packs, and your tie dye t shirts,

gents.

I don't like the pets thing. I think it goes too far. I hope there are many lawsuits.

Also, soy milk vending machines. Is SF full of vaginas? They seem to be trying really

hard to make it that way. Enjoy your estrogen, your fanny packs, and your tie dye t shirts,

gents.

Its not like theyre banning sodas in the city, just city owned property

Im not on city property much unless its the courthouse in which case a soda is the last thing on my mind

I guess if you work for the city that might affect you but you could always hit up a liquor store

the bay is like granola--full of fruits, nuts, and flakes.

i don't think its going too far.

this is pro-animal legislation, not anti-rights imo.

Americans have shown themselves for decades, across the board, to be irresponsible when it comes to pet ownership. those who are serious about the responsibility of having a pet will still take the time and energy to get one, those who don't might not.

• Like 1

the bay is like granola--full of fruits, nuts, and flakes.

i don't think its going too far.

this is pro-animal legislation, not anti-rights imo.

Americans have shown themselves for decades, across the board, to be irresponsible when it comes to pet ownership. those who are serious about the responsibility of having a pet will still take the time and energy to get one, those who don't might not.

What I'm saying is that people should be able to decide for themselves if they want a soda or a dog. The city is just being gay about it. Like that one city that banned "Happy Meals".

This is coming from someone who thinks McDonald's is the nastiest shit on earth (besides actual nasty shit). I think if someone is so irresponsible/lazy that they give their kids junk food, that's fine. They deserve the diabetes, blockage, etc. that comes with such behavior.

It's all about personal choice.

As for the pets: Same thing. Personal choice. Get rid of the crack cocaine, the dirty needles, etc. and then we can talk about pets.

hmmm,

i'm moving to san fran in january..

my girl, who's moving with me owns a dog already, an i wanted to buy one once i got there..

i donno, but the ability to get a medical green card and grow up to six plants legally, out weighs the ability to buy a new doggy...

still moving, don't know how this law could possibly be constitutional...

right to bear arms... errr dogs... haha