Brooklyn Banks Week - Quarter Snacks

bkphoto

Since moving to New York City in 2006 I have been able to rely on one website as my guide to skateboaridng in the city. QuarterSnacks.com, the finest site for your guide to skateboarding. Quartersnacks provides everything from a spot list, videos, and some of the best articles. This whole week is Brooklyn Banks week. so check the site the rest of the week and learn a little something about one of the most iconic spots in skateboarding.

http://quartersnacks.com/2010/07/brooklyn-banks-week/

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I also remember in the early 90's when World Industries was at it's peak (before being a mall brand), Big Brother covered a contest Rocco put on at the Brooklyn Banks. I think some of the footage from that video ended up in Big Brother's "SHIT" video. What I remember was Rocco was handing out big money to kids who landed the tricks he called out on the big set, Weeman (or some other midget skater) killed a giant sewer rat with his board, kids were attacking the busses with wet mops, and a huge fight broke out over some girl where a bunch of kids beat the shit out of a couple other kids with their boards.

Anyone on here remember this? Maybe you can tell it better. My memory is just from reading it and it's kind of blurry.

I can see that, but you'd think if you guys see a moderator (even if he's new and has no posts) you'd trust it not to be spam.

but maybe some advertiser payed you guys a bunchof money for mod status so people would take their posts seriously? its far fetched, i know. but id do it if i had a forum and needed the cash monies

Yeah, I don't think we have to deal with that on here. Complex does enough with legit ads that they don't have to sneak in people like that.

Plus, the site he posted isn't even something that would pay big money. Now if he was posting something about Grape Mountain Dew or the new Whopper --yeah, then I can see your point. But the site he posted is just a skate blog.

I also remember in the early 90's when World Industries was at it's peak (before being a mall brand), Big Brother covered a contest Rocco put on at the Brooklyn Banks. I think some of the footage from that video ended up in Big Brother's "SHIT" video. What I remember was Rocco was handing out big money to kids who landed the tricks he called out on the big set, Weeman (or some other midget skater) killed a giant sewer rat with his board, kids were attacking the busses with wet mops, and a huge fight broke out over some girl where a bunch of kids beat the shit out of a couple other kids with their boards.

Anyone on here remember this? Maybe you can tell it better. My memory is just from reading it and it's kind of blurry.

maybe it was another video from BB but definitely not on the 'Shit' video.