new Beavis and Butthead?

MrChupacabra

Thats the rumor thats going around. Might be a bit premature, since no official statements have been made, but just the thought of 30 new episodes makes me very happy.

REVIEWniverse has exclusively learned from an anonymous source that Mike Judge is currently outlining 30 new episodes of his iconic animated comedy Beavis and Butt-Head for its native network.

The source conceded that plans for actual broadcast are not yet cemented, or even a given, but confirmed that the King of the Hill/Office Space/Idiocracy maestro is definitely in the midst of writing new B and B material with the hopes of a full-throttle return.

Even better news for fans is that, should this come to pass, Judge plans on retaining the show's original ghetto-tech aesthetic, right down to the faded color palatte. The source also reveals that the Extract director intends on keeping B and B's format identical to its original sketch-videos-sketch incarnation, but with more contemporary music clips for the cartoon slacker-duo to skewer.

And of course, this being the viral age, Judge could always just unveil the finished installments on his own website or through a high-profile online partner should MTV be crazy enough to hesitate making room in its primetime schedule.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-43585-Entertainment-Reviews-Examiner~y2010m7d6-REVIEWniverse-exclusive-Beavis-and-ButtHead-creator-Mike-Judge-working-on-30-new-episodes

beavis_butt-head_image_washington_monument_01.jpg

beavis-and-butt-head-the-mike-judge-collection-volume-3-20060802015807642-000.jpg

mockprincipal1.jpg

250px-MrAnderson.jpg

beavis_and_butt-head_pick_up_lines.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Beavis and Butthead have a rather large following. If MTV tried to make him water it down, he could just go to Adult Swim, Comedy Central, or a slew of other channels that would gladly let him have free reign with whatever he wants to do with the show.

Hopefully this is true though and not some bullshit to get me hyped up on 30 new episodes only to be completely let down by none.

Please tell me they won't be rocking tight pants and Bullet for my Valentine shirts.

thats precisely the kind of shit you can expect them to make fun of. can you think of all the ridiculous bands that have come and gone since B&B went off the air? so much material.

Even better question, what does MTV have to do with music?

I don't see how they could ever have the B&B unwatered down, without them shitting all over their current faggot reality television programme

I's been years since I've last watched MTV but according to some comments here I suppose it hasn't changed much.

Additionally, the format of giving music videos the old "Mystery Science Theater 3000" treatment of voice-over commentary would also remain, except with up-to-date videos, obviously. (Beavis and Butt-Head commentating on Lady Gaga videos? That's got to be worth something.)

Fuck yes.

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/706079/MTV-To-Revive-Beavis-and-Butt-Head.html?utm_source=g4tv&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=TheFeed