LOUIE

HUSK

last nights episode was fucking great. the bit about jerking off thinking about making babies was hysterical.

how do we feel about bringing in the wife from lucky louie. i actually liked that show too (apparently im in the minority) so im cool with it. thats not his real wife, right?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I JUST got into this show and watched the first four episodes. I'd been a fan of Louis CK since his Lucky Louis show on HBO back in '06. Or actually, earlier than that, since I remember the show being the exact same typecast as his standup routine. Lucky Louie was all about his kid and wife and feeling like a fucking idiot who could never say or do the right thing while they were still together. The show "Louie" is a continuation of that, but 4 years later and he's a whole lot less lucky.

His standup lately has been him using a lot of the exact same material from years ago so for a while I lost hope for the dude, but looks like he's found inspiration in his recent real life. Its a lot darker and more depressing than his earlier stuff, but it's still just as smart... maybe even smarter. Louie's a sharp guy who I think may pull a Vonnegut at the ember of his life by going darker, more morbid, more depressing and yet at the same time write his very best material. Maybe it's like, the more he's gained and lost, the wiser and freer he is as a writer and a comedian.