R.I.P Bob Probert

My pops used to bring me to games in the 80's and early 90's. I have so many great memories. It was always the Habs games, and man do I fucking love Boston fans. We'd be watching fights in the stands, then go outside and see one in the street, then while you're waiting for the Red Line.

I miss that shit.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Do it! I've been finding a new found love for hockey again. I think it was the Broad Street Bullies that triggered it. We used to go to P-Bruins games back in high school, probably around 92 or 93. I always bring up the story about the Mascot coming out before the Zamboni cleaned the ice. He'd skate to the boards and people would lift there kids up to pat his head or high five him. Then one day this group of guys called him over, grabbed his head, and all three started beating the shit out of it. Good times.

I'd like to go to some games this Winter, but I don't know if I can bring myself to root for a NY team. Too much pride or something. I also don't think I can bring myself to get my ass kicked rooting for the Bruins.

1440449.bin?size=620x400

He saw it as his job to protect his teammates, especially Detroit captain Steve Yzerman. In a recent news story, he recalled a time that he sucker-punched enforcer Kevin Maguire of the Buffalo Sabres after Maguire pummelled Yzerman.[8]

Some significant tilts in Probert's career include:[6]

* Two long fights with Craig Coxe of the Vancouver Canucks in the mid-1980s.

* A career-spanning series of battles with Tie Domi of the New York Rangers, Winnipeg Jets, and Toronto Maple Leafs. One of Probert's memorable confrontations was also the genesis of Tie Domi's now-infamous belt gesture, where he gestured to the crowd as if he had a heavyweight title belt around his waist. Fights afterwards between Domi and Probert were seen in the eyes of many as Probert "regaining the title" from Domi.

* A career-spanning series of fights with longtime enforcer Stu Grimson, including a fight in December 1993 when the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim made their first visit ever to Detroit.

* A memorable fight on December 17, 1993 with former teammate Joey Kocur of the Rangers, during a brawl involving several players from both teams. Probert and Kocur had grabbed the nearest opposing player without realizing who it was, and continued trading punches even after they identified each other. Later on in Probert's career, he would face Kocur a couple more times when he was with the Chicago Blackhawks.

* A fight on February 4, 1994, against Marty McSorley, then of the Pittsburgh Penguins, lasting nearly 100 seconds.

Do it! I've been finding a new found love for hockey again. I think it was the Broad Street Bullies that triggered it. We used to go to P-Bruins games back in high school, probably around 92 or 93. I always bring up the story about the Mascot coming out before the Zamboni cleaned the ice. He'd skate to the boards and people would lift there kids up to pat his head or high five him. Then one day this group of guys called him over, grabbed his head, and all three started beating the shit out of it. Good times.

I'd like to go to some games this Winter, but I don't know if I can bring myself to root for a NY team. Too much pride or something. I also don't think I can bring myself to get my ass kicked rooting for the Bruins.

meet halfway and we'll go watch the hartford whailers,

oh wait.... nevermind :lol:

or just hop on amtrack, come to providence and watch the p-bruins.

and get shit faced and heckle the refs / opposing team.

but yeah, i dont know if im gonna be able to root for the bruins this season.

unless they come out just dominate like they did in 2008...

i got an adam oats autographed photo of him.

and i also have an autographed ray bourque stick.

another fun fact.. i played against his son over 7 times, he played for the TOP GUNs the best team in the north east, he played d just like his pops, and had a mean slap shot, one shot broke the top of my goalie stick once, i shut that team out 3 times.

R. I. P.

PROBIE

with a name like that with a postcount as low as yours from 4 years ago id like to hope others in this thread add to the second tictac i just presented you with.

and bump this thread to put Probert's name in the minds of others unkowingly reading the title.

long live the king.

1 things for sure. While Probert was on the ice Yzerman didn't catch

too many cheap shots. He may have caught shots but Probert made

whoever served it to pay. The man died too young but for what its

worth he died surrounded by friends and family during a beautiful day

on a boat in Lake St Clair. There are worse ways to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_AfR4BEXD0&feature=related

not sure if it was posted already. Probie broke dudes jaw. Pieced him up good

It was hardly a contest. Probie fucked dude up bad

• 7 months later...