Blair to receive US peace medal-b/c he deserves it...for all the peace...

lord_casek

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/politics/10470914.stm

Former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair is to receive a prestigious US medal and $100,000 (£67,000) prize for his work in conflict resolution.

The National Constitution Centre is awarding him its Liberty Medal for "steadfast" efforts to broker peace in Northern Ireland and the Middle East.

Previous winners include Nelson Mandela and former US presidents Bill Clinton and George Bush senior.

Mr Blair said he was driven by values of "freedom, liberty and justice".

Mr Clinton, the centre's chairman, will present the medal in Philadelphia on 13 September.

'Dedication and creativity' He said: "It was a privilege to work with my friend Tony Blair to help end 30 years of sectarian violence and broker a lasting peace in Northern Ireland, to stop the killing in and mass exodus from Kosovo, and to develop policies that would improve living conditions for people in both our countries.

"Now, as a private citizen, Tony continues to demonstrate the same leadership, dedication and creativity in promoting economic opportunity in the Middle East and the resolution of conflicts rooted in religion around the world, and is building the capacity of developing nations to govern honestly and effectively."

In response, Mr Blair, who currently works as a peace envoy to the Middle East, said: "Freedom, liberty and justice are the values by which this medal is struck.

"Freedom, liberty and justice are the values which I try to apply to my work on governance in Africa and on preparing the Palestinians for statehood.

"They are the values which drive the work of my faith foundation as we try to show that people of different faiths can live together constructively in peace and harmony."

Mr Blair's office said he would be donating the prize money to two of his charities - the Tony Blair Faith Foundation and the Tony Blair Africa Governance Initiative.

Last year, Mr Blair received the highest civilian award in the US, the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

WTF? A peace medal? He deserves this like Obama deserved his Nobel Peace Prize.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Who the fuck takes medals seriously anyway?

Besides military service its all just a big joke now, Obama sent an additional 30,000 souls to potentialy perish in the desert and won a ''peace'' prize the same week.

Fuck a medal, but ill take 100 gs anyday of the week

Who the fuck takes medals seriously anyway?

Besides military service its all just a big joke now, Obama sent an additional 30,000 souls to potentialy perish in the desert and won a ''peace'' prize the same week.

Fuck a medal, but ill take 100 gs anyday of the week

Please don't call our servicemen and women "jokes". That's a pretty heavy insult

to people who are willing to die for us. Whether it's a justifiable war or not, that's

selfless and respectable.

Please don't call our servicemen and women "jokes". That's a pretty heavy insult

to people who are willing to die for us. Whether it's a justifiable war or not, that's

selfless and respectable.

You've got me all wrong sir.

It should read besides military service, everything else is a joke.

I wasnt taking shots at the troops, my boy just shipped off for Parish Island so I feel for anyone over in the middle east or anywhere who are actually serving their country. Unlike the bastards who sent them there to do so.

You've got me all wrong sir.

It should read besides military service, everything else is a joke.

I wasnt taking shots at the troops, my boy just shipped off for Parish Island so I feel for anyone over in the middle east or anywhere who are actually serving their country. Unlike the bastards who sent them there to do so.

All good, man.