Hey PC computer nerds, sell me a PC.

Soup

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

No. I dont know anybody who can build a computer. Californians are a bunch of pinko commie imac users.

I got one of those igloo imacs right now, so running a windows emulator would be slow as shit. imacG4.jpg

imacG4.jpg

I have been thinking about getting a 17" i7 macbook pro because i can start it up as a PC or a mac, which i dont think eats up my ram, but that shit's gonna run me like $2900.

Apple BTO MacBook Pro 17" 2.66GHz Core i7 8GB(2x4) 500GB (7200) SD HRGlossy

Apple Computer

* Item #: 11462542

* Mfr #: Z0GP-W69916028

* Platform: Mac

* 2.66GHz Intel Core i7 / 8GB / 500GB Hard Drive / SuperDrive DVD±RW/CD-RW

The tablet would be for making building presentations in illustrator and photoshop. Then after graduating architectural school I'll use it for freelance Graphic design because i can't find a job. Im a man of many graphical trades.

Dumbest plan ever. You need lots of ram and a nice video card. Not touchscreen.

3 gigs minimum for ram. As an experienced Autodesk user (3d Studio Max), you

really need something that can handle it.

A touchscreen is really only going to be for your personal shits and giggles and will

not be useful for CAD. At all.

For 32-bit AutoCAD 2011

• Microsoft® Windows® 7 Enterprise, Ultimate, Professional, or Home Premium (compare Windows 7 versions); Microsoft® Windows Vista® Enterprise, Business, Ultimate, or Home Premium (SP1 or later) (compare Windows Vista versions); or Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional or Home edition (SP2 or later)
  • For Windows Vista or Windows 7: Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® dual-core processor, 3.0 GHz or higher with SSE2 technology; for Windows XP: Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon dual-core processor, 1.6 GHz or higher with SSE2 technology
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 1.8 GB free disk space for installation
  • 1,280 x 1,024 true color video display adapter 128 MB or greater, Microsoft® Direct3D®-capable workstation-class graphics card
  • 1,024 x 768 display resolution with true color
  • Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 7.0 or later

• Install from download or DVD

Since it's minimum requirements are 2 gigs of ram, go for 4.

1.6ghz processor, go for at least 3. Etc.

Also, you'll want a nice 17 inch monitor (on a laptop). At least 19 inch for desktop.

I'd suggest a 15inch with the i7 processor and do it your self ram upgrade.

Spend the saved loot on one of those new 24inch monitors from apple and get the best of both worlds.

Save your battery life, those 17inch laptops are heavy also.

I just don't like huge laptops and the interface between the macbook pro's and those cinema screens is bulletproof.

home_hero20091109.png

Dumbest plan ever. You need lots of ram and a nice video card. Not touchscreen.

3 gigs minimum for ram. As an experienced Autodesk user (3d Studio Max), you

really need something that can handle it.

Theres that stupid fucking elitism i know and love!

Where did you get 3 gigs? All the computers im looking at have i7 processors and 8 gigs of ram. And like i said the touch screen is for adobe applications. Being able to use photoshop for presentations gives me a HUGE edge over my classmates.

Also that dual moniter tablet laptop is beyond ridiculous. It's also a grand more than the most expensive macbook pro.

A laptop would be nice since I rack up tardies because I have to use my desktop at home.

Theres that stupid fucking elitism i know and love!

Where did you get 3 gigs? All the computers im looking at have i7 processors and 8 gigs of ram. And like i said the touch screen is for adobe applications. Being able to use photoshop for presentations gives me a HUGE edge over my classmates.

Also that dual moniter tablet laptop is beyond ridiculous. It's also a grand more than the most expensive macbook pro.

A laptop would be nice since I rack up tardies because I have to use my desktop at home.

My mistake. I thought you were on a budget. Must've misread. Was trying to keep you in

an area just around $1,000.

Here:

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/global/products/precn/topics/en/precision_concept_jumppage?c=us&l=en

http://www.cad2.com/workstations/laptop-workstations.html

Maybe just get a projector instead of fagging out with a touchscreen? I could have a presentation on a turd using a touchscreen. It'd still be a turd, though.

Can't put perfume on a pig.

Am I retarded, or are macs cheaper than PC's?

http://www.abt.com/product/46686/Apple-Z0GP0001K.html?utm_source=scfroogle&utm_medium=sc&utm_campaign=froogle

$2500

Apple MacBook Pro 2.66GHz Intel Core i7 Processor Silver Notebook Computer - Z0GP0001K/ 17" (1920 x 1200 native) LED-Backlit Glossy Widescreen Display/ 4MB On-Chip Shared L3 Cache/ Built-In AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi Wireless Networking/ Built-In Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR/ NVIDIA GeForce GT330M With 512MB & Shared/ Intel HD Graphics With 256MB DDR3 SDRAM/ Multi-Touch Trackpad/ 500GB Hard-Drive/4GB (Two 2GB SO-DIMMs) Of 1066MHz DDR3 Memory (Upgradable Up To 8GB)/ Built-In iSight Camera/ 8x Slot-Loading SuperDrive/ Dual Display And Video Mirroring/ Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard/ Silver Finish (MC024LLA WITH 2.66 i7 INSTEAD OF 2.53 i5)

i suggest building your own. it's much easier than you think, kinda fun if you like legos, and you'll get exactly what you want.

my brother's in 3d animation at fart school. i built him a pc specifically for that, i think it ended up being $1700 with a shitload of DDR3 RAM for all that rendering and shit.

(Maya, Modo, Blender, and Lightwave he just texted me back, in order from most to least usage)

i'd say i'd build you one and ship it to you at no labor cost, but we probably have mutual distrust, being that these are the internets. unless you live in the midwest and i can make a day trip out of it.

in fact, i could take the time and look up the list of all the parts i used, changing whatever's been upgraded since then.

Am I retarded, or are macs cheaper than PC's?

http://www.abt.com/product/46686/Apple-Z0GP0001K.html?utm_source=scfroogle&utm_medium=sc&utm_campaign=froogle

$2500

Apple MacBook Pro 2.66GHz Intel Core i7 Processor Silver Notebook Computer - Z0GP0001K/ 17" (1920 x 1200 native) LED-Backlit Glossy Widescreen Display/ 4MB On-Chip Shared L3 Cache/ Built-In AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi Wireless Networking/ Built-In Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR/ NVIDIA GeForce GT330M With 512MB & Shared/ Intel HD Graphics With 256MB DDR3 SDRAM/ Multi-Touch Trackpad/ 500GB Hard-Drive/4GB (Two 2GB SO-DIMMs) Of 1066MHz DDR3 Memory (Upgradable Up To 8GB)/ Built-In iSight Camera/ 8x Slot-Loading SuperDrive/ Dual Display And Video Mirroring/ Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard/ Silver Finish (MC024LLA WITH 2.66 i7 INSTEAD OF 2.53 i5)

Read up on some reviews of this computer. It seems like a pretty tight system. With the right amount of ram, it would work well. Only problem I see with it is that it's a Mac. (Can't help it, I'm partial to pc's).

En Sabah: Which part of the industry is he hoping to get in?

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I bought a 17" i7 Macbook Pro. Between some free ipod and student discount I got about $400 off retail so it worked ut to be far cheaper than any comparable PC.

Still trying to find a copy of Windows 7. STudent version is like $30, but i dont have any more monies. Hahah.

My torrent is telling me download time is a day and a half. If anyone can get it to me sooner, holler.

im really starting to hate all computers equally.

Fuck em fuck em fuck em even if they celibate.

My mac is nice and big and all that but there are some things it simply doesn't do without taking extra steps and that involves research and time. Like certain file formats and the Mac are just incompatible. Before realizing this it can be really frustrating. At this point if there is a file format that wont open on my mac i try it on my PC and its usually a go.

Windows 7 really is a nice interface to work with. They did a good job with it. The thing is. I hate Microsoft. Its not that their software isnt any good. I mean... Its not like you have that many choices in operating systems. If you dont like Microsoft you hop on a Mac. I'm pretty broke. Microsoft spends more money protecting their software than improving their software or so it would seem.

Whats been pissing me off.... I like to build my own computers. Just put together a pentium D with 4 gb memory and 2 disks. I dont remember. I think they are 180gb sata drives. A couple problems i keep running into. First off. The base platform (the foundation from which i'm constructing) would seem to have an internal battery. I've had 2 of these go bad on me and well... i have maybe 7 total machines to play with. These are pretty shitty but for test purposes they are fine. Pentium 4 machines. I have a finite ammt of memory floating around. If its a machine i intend on working on more than just a little i throw about a gig in but otherwise i dont care... So thats something i need to look into.. The other thing. Since i am building Frankensteins its hard to know what drivers to use. I try to use manufacturer suggested drivers but for an old HP like the ones i'm using windows 7 isnt even a supported operating system.

I fucking hate computers

I dont think you get parallels for win7

you get Parallels and load win7. If you were so

inclined you could load vista or XP i suppose.

What are you saying exactly? The new Macs have

virtualization software preloaded? I dont think parallels

is mac specific or by mac. Its 3rd party software

right?

What i'm using isnt brand new but its far from fossilized.

Mac OSX 10.5.8 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. I had to load

Parallels from disk and activate it before it would allow me to

add an operating system

I dont know shit about the different windows OS's except that i heard 7 was the newest and fastest to boot up.

And ABC's. Theres a program installed in every new mac called Bootcamp. Instead of running a parallel you can actually boot the computer up in either windows or OSX. Running two OS's at once eats up a lot of ram so this way's more bettuh.

I just gotta find a copy of the system . If someone has a link to a torrent that's downloading faster than 11 kb/s. Holler.