Agents provacteur and the G20

lord_casek

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I always assumed there were people who followed that G-8 or G-20 summit like a tour for the sole purpose of rioting.

Not really mad at them but I'm surprised there hasn't been any civilian backlash against them in the cities they show up in.

I'd prefer if there was a riot in my city that the people who live here were doing out of frustrating living conditions trying to draw attention to it.

Just surprised no one is pissed their city is getting trashed by out of towners looking for kicks, at least no one who would try to physically do something about it.

I guess people would prefer to just give up their rights and hope the police do something about it.

I always assumed there were people who followed that G-8 or G-20 summit like a tour for the sole purpose of rioting.

Not really mad at them but I'm surprised there hasn't been any civilian backlash against them in the cities they show up in.

I'd prefer if there was a riot in my city that the people who live here were doing out of frustrating living conditions trying to draw attention to it.

Just surprised no one is pissed their city is getting trashed by out of towners looking for kicks, at least no one who would try to physically do something about it.

I guess people would prefer to just give up their rights and hope the police do something about it.

I assume they are cops, agents, or working for one or both mixed in with angsty teenage

skinhead anarchists who are co-opted knowingly and unknowingly.

0420091354.jpg.2ac1fd71568058befa11552c60df0836.jpg

I've actually heard accounts of that from Pittsburgh but I'm pretty sure the majority of them are riot tourists.

Toronto's city council passed a bill just before this giving police special powers to harass citizens and demand information.

The bill also prevents people from suing the police/city for anything that happens during the summit including violating civil rights, false imprisonment, ect.

This gives them all the power they need to beat, detain, arrest, or worse, not so sure a local police force would want to damage merchant property in their own city.

I could see them trying to rile up the crowd with agents enough to justify using brutal force against the citizens though.

Or at least blend in as best they can to gather evidence for more arrests.

I've actually heard accounts of that from Pittsburgh but I'm pretty sure the majority of them are riot tourists.

Toronto's city council passed a bill just before this giving police special powers to harass citizens and demand information.

The bill also prevents people from suing the police/city for anything that happens during the summit including violating civil rights, false imprisonment, ect.

This gives them all the power they need to beat, detain, arrest, or worse, not so sure a local police force would want to damage merchant property in their own city.

I could see them trying to rile up the crowd with agents enough to justify using brutal force against the citizens though.

Or at least blend in as best they can to gather evidence for more arrests.

Think of it in a "see, we told you" way. It would totally justify spending $1.5 billion (for security) for the 3 day summit.

I don't think all of them are Feds trying to cause trouble, I know groups of anarchists and the type and they love causing hassles at these things.

I think sometimes it is Feds and other times it is genuine rioters who just dress all in black because then people like us start to speculate that is the feds causing the trouble and not 'genuine' protestors

decy has a point.

the only thing is.... we know all protests, especially big protests are heavily infiltrated by feds and we know probably every group that is beyond 5 people meeting at a kitchen table once a month that is 'anti govt' is infiltrated by feds. and its nearly always the feds that egg on or initiate illegal/destructive violence. in fact its so prevalent that at any gun show or any 'militia' meeting or protest group meeting where any violence is discussed he/she is almost immediately dismissed as a fed. so in essence the groups are distorted by the presence of agent provocateurs and we dont really know if the normal citizen would really engage in that behavior absent the provocateur.

i lot of the people I know don't need much excuse to kick off about things, those types really annoy me, I will stand up and defned something I believe in but some of these people dont know what they are talking about and spout the same bollocks they have read online and just use that as an excuse to cause mischief.

I think you probably have a lot more infiltration from the government in America than we do over here.

yea I have seen that clip before, i think you linked it to me a while ago Casek haha but that scenario is just fucked up, they were so blatantly police

But you see how they were masquerading as Blac Bloc? They like to do that all over.

Maybe they wised up this time and bought the pigs some Doc Martins or whatever

instead of being okay with standard issue Hi-Tec police boots.

i wasnt even aware of provocateurs in protests to the g8 and g20 in canada, it never got to anything like that when the g8 was in halifax. i suppose toronto is a bigger place to make an impact and it is the g20 there so who knows lol, that clip from quebec would make me think that its definitely possible. those are some ridiculous tactics by police if it is tho.. really the police having some fucked up ploy like that for crowd control isnt that hard to beleive i guess.

even tho im sure there are plenty of riot tourists just lookin to fuck shit up as well. cus really everyone has a point in their life where they would have loved to do some shit like this ahah

as is torching a few squad cars

I saw some video of the Pittsburgh summit with a similar scenario.

What socially aware "anti establishment" protesters looks like they went through a few steroid cycles and has a flat top police issue haircut.

This stuff is very interesting, just a shame they don't catch charges like anyone else would.

Seems like when police break the law the courts treat them with the benefit of the doubt and give them the innocent until proven guilty treatment.

Everyone else needs to pay lawyers to insure they're rights are protected and the trumped up charges are reduced to actual fit the crime.

ya those are black bloc and anarchists not cops....

black bloc hate getting pictures and video because they are considered an organized crime group in this country. not because they are cops trying to cause shit.

you fail at canadian issues.

Yeah, I believe there are legit protesters/anarchists there. I just don't believe, as AOD said, most of the violence/destruction is coming from them.

Blac Bloc is suspect in my mind always.

Evidenced by this

Wow, check the anarcop against the wall talking to the riot police asking them to arrest them because their cover is blown. Then the three pigs for no apparent reason shuffle into the police line and are instantly arrested. Can anyone explain to me why any true member of an organised anarchist/protest movement would ever get themselves arrested in such a useless and obvious manner?

• Like 1

The radical/anarchist scene in the US is a joke.

The concept of security culture here is nonexistent...instead of "shut the fuck up and do the damn thing" it's "let's have meetings and flyer our protests then wonder why the Feds are balls deep in our bitchin' affinity group."

But were experts on Canadian Bacon, we know it does not stand up to American Bacon and is 79% less desirable.

Just try telling me I'm wrong about that.

haha ya i didn't mean it in a condescending way. simply tried too use an internet colloquialism.

the rcmp got caught for that once here and haven't really done it since is all.

american bacon is in fact way better, even most of us up here think that.

The radical/anarchist scene in the US is a joke.

The concept of security culture here is nonexistent...instead of "shut the fuck up and do the damn thing" it's "let's have meetings and flyer our protests then wonder why the Feds are balls deep in our bitchin' affinity group."

LOL!

Well people think it's trendy now.

I think vanity has superseded want or oppression as the primary motivator for American youth to get involved in radical politics, and that's not good for all kinds of reasons.

One thing I've noticed is that the divide between "conservative" and "liberal" thinking among people under 25 is not all that pronounced...Ron Paul being a good example of this.