BP burning sea turtles alive

jαm//wαttle

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a firm supporter of BP and stand strongly against the flavor of the month hipster rally causes myself.

This whole thing got the trendy retarded people more retarded, I even seen someone say it's Obama's fault.

The only gas I ever pay for is made naturally from the beans of a local burrito stand in my intestines.

Basically this

jesus, bp is turning out to be some fucking villain from captain planet...

villains.gif

they could plug the hole.. wtf, why isnt the hole plugged. they're more worried about relief wells to save the oil that's available than they are about stopping the leak. i'd say it's some typical badguy fatwhitebullshit.

yep.. fuck the planet, lets make more money.

i cant wait till these old fucks are dead and gone and some younger, more conscious minds are taking these positions that may very well dictate the human race's well being and existence on this planet.

you people who feel indifferent to this conundrum may begin to feel quite differently (if you're still around) in say 20-30 years down the road when we can see how bad things have been made.

so were gnna boycott BP when again?

I been boycotting BP since early on, im not some activist tyope dude I dont think I ever boycotted a place except when they did me personally wrong... but Im pissed about fucking up my steak and skrimps... gulf skrimps..;. thwe best skrimps.... they did me personally wrong on this I guess...

but I live between a BP and a SHell... shell gets 100% of my business ... altho I brokwe down and bought a blunt from BP one time since... but its not like I used it for its intended purpose... and i gutted it in the parking lot so take that

Shell oil has decimated several areas in Africa with spills and intentionally dumping refinery waste directly into the groundwater. The overall intentional devastation to the environment and peoples livelihoods far exceeds BP's recent mistake. They aren't offering any type of reimbursement to fisherman or local tourist industry people either or attempting to cleanup their mess. No lie.

The only reason BP is getting a bad wrap is people who have power and access to media are effected by their mistake. If you step back from the current situation and asses which companies try to do the least damage BP is actually one of the better ones but that wouldn't make a good headline in the current media induced finger pointing festival.

Truth be told there isn't a major international oil company who hasn't devastated a region in one way or another. The process of drilling, refining and transporting petroleum is a messy one that can't ever be made 100% foolproof. There's always going to be an idiot or two out of thousands of employees who fuck shit up. Boycotting BP does about as much good as as lighting your farts to prevent the methane in them from contributing to global warming. We all know the real problem. Not moving to or living somewhere an automobile is mandatory seems impossible though. Refraining from over consumption of natural resources isn't in style right now with the finger pointing trends we all love. Glass houses with unlimited piles of stones is much funner.

• Like 1

I been boycotting BP since early on, im not some activist tyope dude I dont think I ever boycotted a place except when they did me personally wrong... but Im pissed about fucking up my steak and skrimps... gulf skrimps..;. thwe best skrimps.... they did me personally wrong on this I guess...

i like to grill every week of the summer. fresh shrimp was already expensive to begin with where i'm at. this sucks for my appetite...

@mercer.. why's it wrong to feel like they havn't made enough effort to stop a leak? it seems like it'd be easier to stop it than it was to drill it in the first place. i get your sarcasm here, but not everyone follows global tradgies the way you do, until some shit like this one is in their face. i give some props to people for giving a shit and hope that most will stay aware and make conscious decisions in their lifestyles.

i myself need a vehicle, being a single, weekend father that lives 55 miles from my son. i can't pick up and move next door to his mother everytime her flakey ass wants to move somewhere. then owning a home makes it even more impossible. so i understand your sarcasms but i don't get why people becomming aware of problems bothers you so much? fuck tight pants, little glasses and hipster hats n all their signs n shit, but wtf?

better to never do anything about anything?

i like to grill every week of the summer. fresh shrimp was already expensive to begin with where i'm at. this sucks for my appetite...

@mercer.. why's it wrong to feel like they havn't made enough effort to stop a leak? it seems like it'd be easier to stop it than it was to drill it in the first place. i get your sarcasm here, but not everyone follows global tradgies the way you do, until some shit like this one is in their face. i give some props to people for giving a shit and hope that most will stay aware and make conscious decisions in their lifestyles.

i myself need a vehicle, being a single, weekend father that lives 55 miles from my son. i can't pick up and move next door to his mother everytime her flakey ass wants to move somewhere. then owning a home makes it even more impossible. so i understand your sarcasms but i don't get why people becomming aware of problems bothers you so much? fuck tight pants, little glasses and hipster hats n all their signs n shit, but wtf?

better to never do anything about anything?

That's kind of the point I was making, I'd like to see the leak stopped as much as anyone else but I'm not stupid enough to think BP isn't doing everything it can to protect it's bottom line by plugging it as fast as possible. I'm just mad because the American public is so dumbed down they think if BP was completely dismantled and shut down things would change, like the other oil companies are any better or wouldn't just take BP's place. Like boycotting a BP franchised locally owned gas station would actually "show them" and there won't be any more spills. Shit's dumb.

Also, I'm not being sarcastic, That post was dead serious, this country has a retarded media and the public is even dumber. I'm giving up and just going to go ahead and get an SUV and some ATV's so I can join in and pretend I'm not an asshole, I'll just pretend the gas I'm wasting is magically created by eco friendly unicorns and that there is no other way of living. Fuck, everyone has an excuse why they "need" a car.

• Like 1

they are drilling relief wells to save the oil in the hole they made.. why not drop 20tons of concrete in it and start a different one. they just keep it leaking not to lose more oil in their pockets until the rig can function again.. or that's my understanding of their fixing the leak anyway

i'm with the idea of, turning things around won't happen in my lifetime. i'm all about the change and green feet or whatever, it all sounds great. blah blah blah, but it's not economically feasible to the majority. there's always going to be money makers making their money and people are always gonna buy what they're being sold. there aren't enough solutions for our consumption. how you living?

i know what needs done, good luck accomplishing it in a commercialized society.

I'm actually living pretty well, barely working much the last few years but still making money, got my own fly spot in a dope neighborhood in possibly the best city on earth. Sure I'm missing out on mowing a lawn and having a generic culture dictated to me by a consumer driven media while I'm driving everywhere in traffic. I get what you're saying though, we don't have a choice about over consumption and things eventually will turn around with magic, not me doing my part.