Houston? Honolulu? Hell? [another where-should-i-move thread]

En Sabah Nur

so i've been in kansas city basically my whole life. i used to love it before the art institute pretty much started running shit and everyone i know decided to be art fags.

so i'm either going to move to houston with my best friend, even though she hates it there.

or honolulu, to be closer to my motherland of samoa, and to see foxy ladies all the time. and be broke.

or kill myself. which is most likely, and seems most rational at this point.

anybody in here have a masters degree? i'm thinking about getting one of those too.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hawaii has its pros and cons... coming from california and living on kauai currently, i've just seen too much, and am too used to having infinite options as far as shit to do to get used to the slow pace of this island. i'd imagine oahu has quite a bit more going on. i don't know how kc is, so i don't know what kind of environment you're used to. never been to houston either.

i feel like hawaii, for people not originally from here, is probably better kept a vacation spot... it's definitely a bit weird knowing you're isolated in the middle of the fucking ocean.

i dunno... doubt that helps much, but that's all i got... good luck wherever you end up.

hawaii has its pros and cons... coming from california and living on kauai currently, i've just seen too much, and am too used to having infinite options as far as shit to do to get used to the slow pace of this island. i'd imagine oahu has quite a bit more going on. i don't know how kc is, so i don't know what kind of environment you're used to. never been to houston either.

i feel like hawaii, for people not originally from here, is probably better kept a vacation spot... it's definitely a bit weird knowing you're isolated in the middle of the fucking ocean.

i dunno... doubt that helps much, but that's all i got... good luck wherever you end up.

Actually POZ brings up a good point. I guess Hawaii is more of a place for vacation that's how I was viewing this. But as far as living goes, being on an isolated island would seem kinda weird. Soooooooo if I were to pick a place to be living for a while I'd say Houston. At least if you don't like it you could make the drive to san antonio or austin or something.

to answer the question.. try staying a couple weeks in both places before making a decision.

but as an aside, there are tons of other options available to you.. its just a matter of figuring out how to make them more accessible. having the education you evidently have (considering that you can use a web browser, read, write, and reason) the possibilities are much greater than they might seem.

Hawaii or Houston?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

tha fucking Island motherdfucker. people go as toursists there, why the fuck would you not wanna live where ppl go as tourdidy. lik nyc or paris, its fucking a bomb ass pleace to be, hawaii. meh. or houston if your into shit.

i was in american samoa for a couple months, being on an island didn't bother me... i realized, coming back to the midwest, i feel more isolated being landlocked. the smell of the ocean 30ft away > the smell of dirt for hundreds of miles in any direction.

my friend in H town said she could get me a job where she works (Pappadeaux in Hobby... say hi to Jackie if you're ever there)... she makes twice what i make, and i have a... career. p.s. college is useless.

i have family in HI but not necessarily a foot in the door.