Panic Attacks

vanfullofretards

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't use Japan, which has one of the highest suicide rates on earth, as a model for people in America to not take psychiatric medication. I'm not into the pill phenomenon either, but the Japanese along with all Confucian nations are their own breed of fucked up and far from being content and mentally healthy.

Confucian nations? Please explain what is a Confucian nation? There are Confucian temples, but not a lot of people who actually follow and practice the way of Confucius.

Also, while there is mental illness in most countries, there are plenty of suicides that happen in Asian countries for other reasons, some of which are respectable even if I do not agree with killing yourself. Shit, monks set themselves on fire in political protest. Motherfuckers here go emo psycho because their girl left.

vietnam-war-monk-self-immolation.jpg

Lately I've been having panic attacks about death. I'm not religious so like I've always known that once you die THAT'S IT. You're done. But lately it's been really starting to freak me out.. I DON'T WANNA FUCKING DIE!!! I'll just be washin my hands or something and all of a sudden that thought hits me again my heart starts racing and i cant catch my breath and i just freeze for a few seconds.

It's fucked up because once I'm dead (or anyone for that matter) it'll be like before i was born. I dont have any memory of before I was born.. because I wasn't there.. i wasn't alive and same goes for once I'm dead. I've tried to take comfort in knowing I won't know when I'm dead, BUT THAT'S THE FUCKING SCARY PART! AND IT LASTS AN ETERNITY. We only have so much time. And I'm bummed

Anyone else ever go through this?

.maybe keep this thread serious.

Common occurrence, existential crisis perhaps. You may be interested in this. Then again, you may not be. I just read it though, interesting read.

0470401818.jpg

Confucian nations? Please explain what is a Confucian nation? There are Confucian temples, but not a lot of people who actually follow and practice the way of Confucius.

When I said Confucian nations I was referring to Asian countries who incorporate all the stupidity of Confucianism into their culture. I'm sure Christo-f would have a lot to add on this topic.

And most of the suicides that happen in Asia are committed by people who can't hack the incredible social pressures they face because of Confucian mores and ideals, not because of their Rage Against the Machine beliefs. I don't know what kind of far east, mystery of the Orient vision you have of Asia, but it ain't all samurais, bowing and polite ceremonies.

When I said Confucian nations I was referring to Asian countries who incorporate all the stupidity of Confucianism into their culture. I'm sure Christo-f would have a lot to add on this topic.

And most of the suicides that happen in Asia are committed by people who can't hack the incredible social pressures they face because of Confucian mores and ideals, not because of their Rage Against the Machine beliefs. I don't know what kind of far east, mystery of the Orient vision you have of Asia, but it ain't all samurais, bowing and polite ceremonies.

I've been there, so I know. Which is also why I question your use of the term Confucian nations. Are you familiar with the teachings of Confucius? Because with the exception perhaps of the Confucian temples, not many people actually follow the mores or ideals of Confucius and Confucianism was pretty well cast aside, more so once the cultural revolution hit. Dude was also Chinese so he is more relevant to Chinese culture. Samurai and bowing are related to Japanese culture.

All East Asian countries were influenced by Confucianism. If they use chopsticks, they were influenced. It is engrained into the culture in all of them in some way. Forget the temples and the prayers and all that typical Confucian shit you're thinking of. I'm talking about social standing, sycophants, how people are treated based on age and sex, etc...

How long were you there? I lived in Korea for years and traveled all over riceville. Confucius put a hex on those people and made their lives harder for no reason. It's sad. Terrible system of pointless, blind respect.

And yes, I am aware that Confucius was Chinese and that samurai are Japanese. The are both Asian though and Confucianism is widespread in ALL Asian culture which is why I used the examples.

All East Asian countries were influenced by Confucianism. If they use chopsticks, they were influenced. It is engrained into the culture in all of them in some way. Forget the temples and the prayers and all that typical Confucian shit you're thinking of. I'm talking about social standing, sycophants, how people are treated based on age and sex, etc...

How long were you there? I lived in Korea for years and traveled all over riceville. Confucius put a hex on those people and made their lives harder for no reason. It's sad. Terrible system of pointless, blind respect.

And yes, I am aware that Confucius was Chinese and that samurai are Japanese. The are both Asian though and Confucianism is widespread in ALL Asian culture which is why I used the examples.

To my understanding of the origin of chopsticks, it is not related to Confucius but to self preservation at the dinner table. I make periodic visits to somewhere Chinese and have Chinese family. Confucius did not teach pointless blind respect, perhaps they're doing it wrong....

• Like 1

According to Wikipedia, gasface is right

"Confucianism is a Chinese ethical and philosophical system developed from the teachings of the Chinese philosopher Confucius (Kǒng Fūzǐ, or K'ung-fu-tzu, lit. "Master Kong", 551–478 BC). It is a complex system of moral, social, political, philosophical, and quasi-religious thought that has had tremendous influence on the culture and history of East Asia. It might be considered a state religion of some East Asian countries, because of governmental promotion of Confucian philosophies.

Cultures and countries strongly influenced by Confucianism include mainland China, Taiwan, Korea, and Vietnam, as well as various territories settled predominantly by Chinese people, such as Singapore. Japan was influenced by Confucianism in a different way."

Whatever you choose to believe, Confucianism is followed blindly and is no better than people following any religion, system of belief. China is no better than any other place that uses it's rules in cultural practices. Any system that encourages ass kissing sycophants to keep up the brown nosing is disgusting.

That being said, I like Asia, but my point was that Japan is not a good point of argument against brain meds because they have a high suicide rate which is not based on ritual or honor anymore. It's roots lie in how they face pointless pressures placed on them because of Confucianism's influence in Asia and the fact that they are usually encouraged to not express themselves because of the herd/group mentality that is taught which leads them little outlet for their frustrations other than alcohol, deviant behavior and suicide when there is little hope left for a "successful life."

I'm done talking about Confucius. The guy was a herb.

There's a large difference between influence and actually practicing his teachings. That being said, I'm not saying it's perfect, but better than what they have today. Confucius is my homie, I've painted his image in Asia and the states and had an outline of his Chinese name for tomorrow before this conversation. But.....back to people wigging out about their impending deaths......

You can't use Japan, which has one of the highest suicide rates on earth, as a model for people in America to not take psychiatric medication. I'm not into the pill phenomenon either, but the Japanese along with all Confucian nations are their own breed of fucked up and far from being content and mentally healthy.

i'm very aware of their suicide rate gasman. this doesn't have anything to do with what i was saying

though. for instance. being in Osaka having left my meds 10 hours away in Tokyo. i got ill sick from

withdrawls. my friends and his family(an extremely traditional Japanese family type) bugged out on me.

the language barrier was strong but from what i gathered they don't really believe in

anti-depressants and all that other shit. truth. one families opinion isn't obviously speaking

for the entire country or Asia in general. jus sayin. dawwg. end rant.

i used to be the guy that would tell you to sit ya ass down and take 10 xanax sticks

but now i say. Cut back on the coffee. I brew my own and put in half decaf beans.

Establish somewhat of a normal sleeping schedule, drink alot of water, and if you

smoke... try and quit. Panic attacks suck... but at the same time the bad habits that

predicate panic attacks kinda do too. Smoking kinda sucks. I like it but i had to quit

because it was killing me. Coffee kinda sucks. I like the taste of it but drink too

much coffee it feels like you coming down off a coke weekend, fucked up sleep

definitely sucks.

Step ya life game up

I can see that being an issue. Asian people are meatheads. Confucius was basically a rich hipster kid who pushed his beliefs on the poor and uneducated.

Lol, you seem pretty mad at Confucius, it's kind of amusing. Maybe you ordered delivery and they forgot your eggroll? Anyhow, I don't believe you have your facts correct. :china:

Lol, you seem pretty mad at Confucius, it's kind of amusing. Maybe you ordered delivery and they forgot your eggroll? Anyhow, I don't believe you have your facts correct. :china:

Believe what you wish. My facts are 100% correct. I am UMAD at Confucius. He made billions of people's lives complete shit and continues to do so to this day through his retard philosophy that might have been applicable several centuries ago, but is now outdated and completely useless...kind of like ALL religion.

Whatever, I respect your right to believe in whatever you choose, but that's not to be confused with me respecting your beliefs. Because I don't. What is really amusing here is how little you seem to know about Confucianism yet you speak so knowingly about it based on the fact that you have been to China and have family there. I've been to Canada and still don't understand those retards and they speak the same fucking language.

Believe what you wish. My facts are 100% correct. I am UMAD at Confucius. He made billions of people's lives complete shit and continues to do so to this day through his retard philosophy that might have been applicable several centuries ago, but is now outdated and completely useless...kind of like ALL religion.

Whatever, I respect your right to believe in whatever you choose, but that's not to be confused with me respecting your beliefs. Because I don't. What is really amusing here is how little you seem to know about Confucianism yet you speak so knowingly about it based on the fact that you have been to China and have family there. I've been to Canada and still don't understand those retards and they speak the same fucking language.

It's a totally different language, 'eh' is not a word. I won't knock Canda too much though as the people I met from there, oddly enough in Asia, were cool. My knowledge of Confucius is from studying his teachings as well as Mencius who was his student. Your facts are not even close to 100% even though the rich hipster comment was funny. Some of his beliefs are outdated in terms of views of women and such, but overall, if people actually practiced his beliefs I think a lot in this world would be better than it is.

I never said I went to China.

I don't really get how anyone could thizz and watch a movie. I get hella hype and all I wanna do is keep it moving and get a girls.

I agree with you usually, but I find certain 3D movies visually stimulating enough to enjoy it. Husk rolls and just sits at home sometimes, I could never do that.

90% of the time if I take it I'm at a party and basically humping girls legs all night long

i used to be the guy that would tell you to sit ya ass down and take 10 xanax sticks

but now i say. Cut back on the coffee. I brew my own and put in half decaf beans.

Establish somewhat of a normal sleeping schedule, drink alot of water, and if you

smoke... try and quit. Panic attacks suck... but at the same time the bad habits that

predicate panic attacks kinda do too. Smoking kinda sucks. I like it but i had to quit

because it was killing me. Coffee kinda sucks. I like the taste of it but drink too

much coffee it feels like you coming down off a coke weekend, fucked up sleep

definitely sucks.

Step ya life game up

this

Husk rolls and just sits at home sometimes, I could never do that.

haha once after eating hella molly one of the homies just bounced and went home, went through his phone and pretty much called everybody he knew and told them they were the shit. fucking stupid. wack story, bro.

edit: I think I had a "panic attack" once in the airport after eating way too much drugs the night before and being all geeked and then running into somebody I hate. I splashed water on my face and stood at the sink for like 5 minutes and was straight.