Working From Home

publicenemyno.3

After a long time of collecting unemployment, I finally found a job working from home. Initially, I thought it was a scam, but it pays better than any job I've ever had and it's hella easy. I've been doing it for about a month now. It's basically telemarketing, but they call it appointment setting. I was just wondering if any of y'all on the oontz work from home and dig it like I have been.

No tits, this one's SFW even if your office is your home.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I am doing it right now. (in a meeting)

I do it 1-2 days a week, anything more than that and I am not productive.

I spent most of my twenties WFH. Good money, but no social interaction.

Sometimes I would go days w/o bathing or leaving the house.

Just got high and worked odd hours.

That eventually got old.

I prefer my office now, young company, fun peoples... and the usual amount of drama and sycophants that drive me nuts.

DSC09543.JPGDSC09558.JPG

im still really young (20), and to top that off, i have never really had a real job. Im also about to go to college for what i really dont know yet. Im thinking about applying to the art school of the said college, but as i digress, working from home has always been something that was appealing to me.

How does one go on about getting into such a profession? I do remember in my world of warcraft days that a lot of the twenty-somethings playing that game surprisingly worked at home, and were making good pay at that.

Now, my reasons for wanting info on this isn't so i can sit on my ass and play a video game all day, but from what all those other people said, it was quite liberating. I for one cannot see myself in some fucking cubicle everyday...

Im thinking about applying to the art school of the said college, but as i digress, working from home has always been something that was appealing to me.

From someone who has a BFA in Vis Com/Studio & a MFA in Vis Com:

DO NOT get an art degree.

Get your degrees in business. You can get any job you want with a business degree and understanding of the business world.

If you want to smoke dope and get laid because you paint, then simply minor in art, because art degrees are not worth the paper they are printed on.

True Story.

*Most jobs are moving towards allowing remote working. It saves the company a lot of money to not have to lease office space.

Plus they have the Internet on computers now.

From someone who has a BFA in Vis Com/Studio & a MFA in Vis Com:

DO NOT get an art degree.

Get your degrees in business. You can get any job you want with a business degree and understanding of the business world.

If you want to smoke dope and get laid because you paint, then simply minor in art, because art degrees are not worth the paper they are printed on.

True Story.

this is interesting, i had suspected that much but i could never verify. i went the business degree route, but i think its as much of a motivation/ambition question as anything else. if you can very much see yourself as a professional artist (and put in the hours and work to move towards that goal) then yes go for the art degree, where you'll be surrounded by other people and faculty doing the exact same thing.

i was hung up on art school for a little bit but i'm nowhere near good enough to go to school for it. besides it's way more fun being a business student with that additional talent.. it's a good conversation topic and shows you're more than just a suit. works in interviews, and many times you can get good references out of it. truuust me.

Hungover or rainy days I work fro bed.

Normal days I work in my office (or the lounge when my maid is cleaning the office).

On blue sky days, I work from a cafe....., or wherever the fuck I want.

My level is a wonderful place, wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

You'll need some formal art training to work in an creative field, but if you want to get promoted beyond grunt duty, you'll need formal management training.

An art degree and strong portfolio will get you into a creative job, but in the long term... if you want to make management or become an art director, you'll get passed over for the guy with his MBA every time.

I went from graphic designer in mid-90's to web design in early 00's, now all I do is Internet consulting.

Nothing really creative, my degrees have nothing to do with what I do, but now I'm rich bitch.

Due to my lack of MBA, I hit the glass ceiling years ago, so I wont keep this corporate gig forever.

My art/design background, along with my technical skills are giving me the ability to eventually go at it alone and create e-commerce sites, be my own boss.

Work from wherever there is wi-fi.