GAME: Channel Zero Mix Tape project

earl broclo ESQ

I don't know if this will work or not, but thought it might be interesting. There are a lot of people in Channel Zero that are into music, with so many different opinions in style. I also know there are a lot of DJs or people interested in the concept of mixing, so I'm curious to see what would happen if we tried making a mix with posts. Kind of like the other games on the board, the person above sets up the person below and so on and so on. I'm sure this will be hard to maintain, but we'll see where it goes. If people want to get technical and call out time code for where to start a mix, or anything like that, I'd be impressed, but it's not really necessary.

I'll start with this:

Johnnie Taylor - Jody's Got Your Girl And Gone

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are doing it wrong. It's all about posting after the last person. So I post something, you post something, the next person posts something, and that's the "mix."

It's not about what would sound good in the mix or "put this after that song." It's all about the thread turning into one big track list. The order of the posts is the mix.

So thems the rules.

Basically we're putting Channel Zero on smart shuffle and everyone is a dj?[/color][/size]

It's a stretch, but more of a game where people try and string shit together like a mix tape.

And Tiesto dude? Really? I'm not judging or anything. Go with what you know.

And COS --I tried that youtube mixer thing and it's a pain in the ass. No pitch control makes it pretty much impossible.

It doesn't matter about what sound was posted before you. Try and use your knowledge of music to follow it up. It doesn't have to be the same genre or whatever, just try and put some kind of flow into it. I went off of E-40 with that dubstep track because that's what I heard when I clicked his link. I don't usually listen to E-40, so it's not familiar for me.

So I'll just fade out Tiesto slowly, and bring this up:

The Jimmy Castor Bunch - It's Just Begun

• Like 1

It doesn't matter about what sound was posted before you. Try and use your knowledge of music to follow it up. It doesn't have to be the same genre or whatever, just try and put some kind of flow into it. I went off of E-40 with that dubstep track because that's what I heard when I clicked his link. I don't usually listen to E-40, so it's not familiar for me.

So I'll just fade out Tiesto slowly, and bring this up:

The Jimmy Castor Bunch - It's Just Begun

and from that, a traditional zuga zug cut straight to this

Man, this thread seems cool, but I thought I was gonna be entering to get some bullshit mixes from random psychos. I can't dj. Are there ever gonna be results of this shit posted?

This is all just an experiment for fun. There aren't going to be any results. It's a thread on an online forum --that's pretty much it man.