Ground Zero Mosque

ipod90

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the first crops were raided by nomads the world has always been in conflict, the only thing that has changed is our destructive capabilities.

Yes.

Human condition operating under the current culture, NOT HUMAN NATURE.

Thanks for posting that. Most people tend to assume things were always this way and always will be this way, but the current culture which began around 10,000 years ago is just a chip of the iceberg considering how long human beings have been in existence. With Nuclear proliferation, the weaponization of outer space, soil depletion, the toxification of water resources, anthropogenic mass extinction of most of the diversity on this planet, deforestation, overpopulation etc we are just going through the evolutionary process of eliminating ourselves from existence because we are not following the rules of ecology. We are favoring the fate of our failed economics pitted upon expansion and production in favor of a livable, breathable, drinkable planet. I just hope there are salvageable pieces of life after the inevitable crash we humans face..

"But if Ron Paul was elected he could enforce personal property rights and save us all." :lol:

All im sayin is, thats like putting a fucking Nazi museum two blocks away from where a concentration camp was set up.

Why do they have to put it there? Its obviously to ruffle feathers, whether its a muslim slap in the face or goverment sponsored its all a blunder.

Do you actually read anything, or do you play parrot with what your mainstream news channel tells you to think? Might as well be copy and pasting youtube comments. :lol:

Nazi's were antagonistic and anti-Jewish by default. Muslims are not anti-American or violent by default.

Unfair comparison.

No many Nazi's were just soldiers in a war, not everyone worked the ovens at the concentration camps. Im not saying every Muslim is like a nazi so to speak, I was more so talking about the impact that it would have with the people perception.

Most people who live around ground zero who believe muslim terroist are behind 9/11, they probably feel about them the way jews in the holocaust felt about nazi's. Just my opinion, and I was more so saying that thats how it would be percieved and I personally feel like it could be insulting to the New yorkers who have to embrace it everyday.

I dont have a problem with Muslims, I have a problem with muslims who blow shit up.

And I dont live in New York, I could care less what they put up around there. I just see how folks up there could see it as a problem.

Do you actually read anything, or do you play parrot with what your mainstream news channel tells you to think? Might as well be copy and pasting youtube comments. :lol:

There can only be one Cunt, so hop off the nuts and say something constructive next time you want to insult someone.

Bitch

• 2 weeks later...

i love to watch the news and see these political pundents acknowledge the fact that they have a constitutional right to build the mosque there but in the same breath ask what obama plans to do about it.and its even more hilarious that its the same people who are constantly bitching about how the constitution is being torned to shreds.the way i look at it is you have a constitutional right to worship whatever religion you so please.and part of that right is being able to have a place of worship.and you more or less have the right to build it where ever the fuck you feel you should.if you want to build a church of satan next to a christian church you have the right to.imo.and im a christian.bottom line the government,regardless if its state local or federal needs to stay the fuck out of this.this is one of those damned if you do damned if you dont kinda things for obama.if he steps in he's violating peoples first amendment rights,if he doesnt everyone else is gonna fuck with him for not "standing up" for the folks who died on 9/11.i can understand why people are pissed,especially those in new york.but i find it hard to believe that all muslims are some sort of blood thirsty america hating savages or some shit like that.idk.to me it doesnt bother me.maybe because i dont live there.still.if they build it there or not i could really give a fuck.i probably wont ever be near it anyways.if yall niggas wanna spend money on a mosque or community center.DO IT.if they start stepping in on this issue who knows what other aspects of our lives they will feel the need to step in next.

• Like 1

im surprised that there isn't going to be some pro-america themed mcdonalds burger king kfc hybrid being built. i would much more prefer that....

to be serious though, i dont understand the point beind building a mosque at ground zero, one would think they(the people building this shit) would build some type of community center that promotes togetherness and camaraderie versus some silly idea to appease only raptor jesus knows who.

when i first heard about this i was scratching my head hoping that would somehow stimulate my brain into rationalizing the premise behind building a mosque, but to no avail im still stumped.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/archives/2010/08/dear_rest-of-am.php

"But if Ron Paul was elected he could enforce personal property rights and save us all." :lol:

im not sure why this is funny... but your view of constitutional govt is obviously very limited.

but this aside..

the left is missing the boat. they should be using property rights arguments exclusively on this issue. they cant win any other way no matter how hard they try. sorry.

but then again if they use property rights arguments they will also bigger hypocrites than they already are.

well what i was eluding to is that the 'defenders of the mosque' should be defending the right of a property owner to do what they want with their own property. (something the left is opposed to) if they want to build a mosque, they should be able to build a mosque. will it piss some people off? sure. but strip clubs piss people off for example.

if the left used these arguments instead of trying to use some sort of argument based on a variation of the 'freedom of speech' they would atleast have the moral high ground on the issue and can rub it in the republican/anti mosque peoples face.

if we decide that other people can tell people what they can do with their property and that it is essentially up to majority vote... they cant get mad when a majority gets mad about a mosque going up and protesting it and using govt force to forbid it.

property rights uber alles

thats what i thought you meant..which was my whole arguement.if they want to buy it and make it into a mosque or community center let em.fuck who doesnt like it.i wasnt aware that democrats opposed that shit though.then again i havent really been up on politics lately.

this reminds me of a story i saw today about some guy being fined by the home owners association for having a flag up with the "dont tread on me" sentiment.on some tea party shit.im not a big fan of the tea party movement but its his house let him put a flag up.if a dude wants to rock a sign with a swastika or a giant cock on it its his property let him do it.

i get real heated over shit like that and could go on for days about similar cases.

fuck the world.

thats what i thought you meant..which was my whole arguement.if they want to buy it and make it into a mosque or community center let em.fuck who doesnt like it.i wasnt aware that democrats opposed that shit though.then again i havent really been up on politics lately.

this reminds me of a story i saw today about some guy being fined by the home owners association for having a flag up with the "dont tread on me" sentiment.on some tea party shit.im not a big fan of the tea party movement but its his house let him put a flag up.if a dude wants to rock a sign with a swastika or a giant cock on it its his property let him do it.

i get real heated over shit like that and could go on for days about similar cases.

fuck the world.

just to clarify, the dems are in favor of the mosque for the most part. but what i was trying to say was that they, in general, believe private property owners have severely limited rights... they say they can ban smoking for instance, force people to associate, etc.

a home owners association is a tricky topic.

most home owners associations are voluntary. one way they come about is a developer builds development and part of the agreement of the people who buy a home in that development is to be regulated by the association. they do some silly things. they tell you what color to paint your house, what you can do with the property, etc, but this is what some people want in a 'planned community.' its essentially private voluntary zoning. and if a home owners association decides to be formed in the neighborhood, legitimately, EVERYONE must consent to it. if they dont, they are exempt from the regulations. but this is not always the case in the real world.

the difference between the home owners association and the govt is that you have to consent to the home owners association when you move to that neighborhood that was voluntarily set up through contract. the govt sort of just sprang up one day and decided to rule over everyone no ifs ands or buts.. private property and natural rights be damned.

that guy in the video is an idiot.

at 5:58 he's saying muslims went to holy places and claimed them as worship as a sign of defeat, and saying that building a mosque where the world trade centers are is a sign of defeat..

its the fucking world trade centers, not the white house.

fuck muslims, fuck people, fuck everyone. Religion isn't to blame, but the ignorance of which people perceive to be. In NO way does the Quran promote violance, in NO way. And if someone tells you otherwise, it is because they are interpreting it wrong.

Humans are the most narcissistic ignorant creatures ever to grace this planet. Its getting to the point where if we keep this up, we will pretty much kill ourselves off before the "day of judgement" supposedly is supposed to.

smiling in our faces while cursing us in their hearts?

so what do you call soldiers who say they're fighting for their country when they go around raping woman and killing children during vietnam? Does that not apply to yall? I'm not taking either side, i'm just making a point.

I really don't like talking about this subject much, but it really pisses me off to see people always referring and tearing down islam like its to blame when the blame is in the person who interprets gods words in the wrong way. (not that i fully believe there is a god).

its annoying.