Ground Zero Mosque

ipod90

So i got an email from my Grandad saying that i need to watch this link on youtube

My Grandad know's my views on the hole terrorist thing and 9/11 blah blah blah

What do u guys think about this?

I also seen a article on a news stand the other day about the burker (sp) being banned in

Europe.

Is some new anti-Muslim shit about to hit the fan again or what?

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burkas are not banned in Europe, a few countries have tried to pass laws such as school kids aren't allowed to wear them at school, but these all get challenged against human rights laws and generally get overturned.

I personally think it is wrong that Muslims are being constantly victimised for the shit that a few of them do, just look at Holland they recently voted and the right wing party gained seats, they want to ban the Koran and muslims, but that is the wrong approach, all they will do is make even more muslims radical in their beliefs. Holland is potentially one step away from being a thrid reich country if they allow laws such as these to pass. Don't victimise one religion, treat them all the same and ban the fucking lot.

All religions are fucked up and if you are religious I automatically loose respect for you, whether muslims, jewish or christian. No religiojn is right and if you want to ban one religion then ban them all. All religion does is promote ignorance anyway.

I know plenty of muslims and they are all moderate and they are as disgusted as anyone else at the actions some of these so called muslims are doing in the name of their religion.

This really doesn't offend me, muslims died on 9/11 too and Islam itself isn't to blame for 9/11 so it's irrelevant what they build there. I would rather something non-religious being built, or simply them finishing the work at ground-zero itself. This is just another attempt to make 9/11 into an anti-Islamic sort of thing in my opinion.

im surprised that there isn't going to be some pro-america themed mcdonalds burger king kfc hybrid being built. i would much more prefer that....

to be serious though, i dont understand the point beind building a mosque at ground zero, one would think they(the people building this shit) would build some type of community center that promotes togetherness and camaraderie versus some silly idea to appease only raptor jesus knows who.

when i first heard about this i was scratching my head hoping that would somehow stimulate my brain into rationalizing the premise behind building a mosque, but to no avail im still stumped.

im surprised that there isn't going to be some pro-america themed mcdonalds burger king kfc hybrid being built. i would much more prefer that....

to be serious though, i dont understand the point beind building a mosque at ground zero, one would think they(the people building this shit) would build some type of community center that promotes togetherness and camaraderie versus some silly idea to appease only raptor jesus knows who.

when i first heard about this i was scratching my head hoping that would somehow stimulate my brain into rationalizing the premise behind building a mosque, but to no avail im still stumped.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if in some way someone who had the intention of sparking more division and conflict encouraged the idea of building some sort of Mosque there, or approved of the idea and gave it traction. I mean, that's something that would really continue to divide people against each other at a time when we need unity. All there has been since 9/11 is more and more divide and conquer, and continuously we see conflict created between Christian vs. Muslim, Black vs. White, etc. What better way to get people riled up and at each others throats then to put a Muslim symbol at ground zero. It gets the ignorance in us boiling.

• 1 month later...
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if in some way someone who had the intention of sparking more division and conflict encouraged the idea of building some sort of Mosque there, or approved of the idea and gave it traction. I mean, that's something that would really continue to divide people against each other at a time when we need unity. All there has been since 9/11 is more and more divide and conquer, and continuously we see conflict created between Christian vs. Muslim, Black vs. White, etc. What better way to get people riled up and at each others throats then to put a Muslim symbol at ground zero. It gets the ignorance in us boiling.

I think you might read in to things a little too far. Suspicion is a healthy trait, especially when viewing politics. But keeping Occam's razor as your baseline is always best. Also, the world has always been "in need of unity", religion is always clashing and people are always warring. Shit, the 1910-1990 make the 2000s look like utopia! Since the first crops were raided by nomads the world has always been in conflict, the only thing that has changed is our destructive capabilities. And even then there was more chance we'd wear a nuke 50 years ago than now. I believe we're at 6 minutes to midnight at the moment? For most of my life we were living at 2 minutes to midnight.

I say forget the mosque and put in a few PAC-3 batteries!!

i honestly think NOT building a mosque would be more of a sign they won, and now we hate them bc they've hurt us so much and we are bitter because of it. and that is a textbook way of showing signs of weakness.

i think building a mosque would be the smart move, bc it lets the world know you can knock down buildings, murder, and maim but you will NEVER EVER kill the american spirt, and building a mosque is exactly what the better and bigger man would do.

eye for an eye bullshit keeps wars going on forever. i hate that mentality.

my country does not live under tyranny and ignorance.

its like beating the shit out of someone then giving them your arm to get up after the fight is over and shake hands.

"you can put a bullet in my head but ya cant kill a word i say"

i think its the fact that new york is you know... huge as shit and they pick a 2 block radius from where their boys kinda killed a couple thousand of people. but i could just be crazy.

They were planning it before September 11th. Also, I'd be more pissed if Saudi's wanted to put something there, considering most of the hijackers were Saudi's.

The problem with that argument is that you seem to be linking the mosque with the terrorists of 9/11. Yes, a mosque is a Muslim establishment, and the terrorists were Muslim (extremists), but are all Muslims terrorists? That's like saying a church shouldn't be built in the area where an anti-abortionist terrorist shooting/bombing occurred.

That said, I would be in favor for moving the mosque further away simply to avoid the controversy & fervor that it will create, but the act of putting the mosque there I don't think in itself should be viewed as a bad thing.

All im sayin is, thats like putting a fucking Nazi museum two blocks away from where a concentration camp was set up.

Why do they have to put it there? Its obviously to ruffle feathers, whether its a muslim slap in the face or goverment sponsored its all a blunder.

theres a mosque not even a half a mile away from me, i drive by it every day. it doesnt bother me. even though i boo at it as i go by lol, but nah seriously its just the placement in new york im having a trouble understanding.

Please stop in there at some point and talk to them. They won't bite.

Ask for their opinion on the matter. It might be enlightening.

thats like putting a fucking Nazi museum two blocks away from where a concentration camp was set up.

HAHAHA!

WOWWWWWWWWWW

So you're saying putting a building where normal people come to prey and socialize, is the same as a Nazi Museum.

Weve come full circle folks, Muslim's= Nazi's.