Recovery leaked...

ILOTSMYBRAIN

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how much I consider someone who "produces beats" a musician.

That's just my opinion, I'm sure that 98% of this board will disagree.

I don't consider "producing beats" to make someone a musician

that's production. Producers are different that musicians. Now if you play keys or drums or guitar or sax on a track you produce, you are a musician of whatever you played on the track.

But as someone who produces beats, you're lying if you say you are a musician. You are a PRODUCER and it's way fuckig different.

However most producers DO play at least rudimentary keys.. But eminiem don't.

Rapping, however basic, is just as much music as some emo front fag whning a 5 chorus crap track. Particularly if they write their own lyrics

I'll give this a spin after work...but that one single that was released sucked, and I'm pretty sure Em has passed his expiration date for good.

Despicable was a dope track though.

Edit: Features include Pink, Rihanna, and Lil Wayne..? (sure I'll bump him /NH but he's not a good match for Eminem). I might actually delete this before I even give it a try.

forget everything you ever knew about eminem and listen to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vxLNYZ28t4

nice. haven't heard thirstin howl for a while now. dude's always pretty fresh, and his voice kinda reminds me of bushwick bill, which i enjoy. i definitely prefer slim shady era em to his newer stuff. not sure if it's cuz he fell off, or maybe i just grew out of it over the last 10 years.

anyone that uses an MPC to make 'beats' isn't a musician. they're a producer. until i see eminem t-pain it and get his ass behind a drumset, he's still just a producer and whiniest rapper ever. have you ever been to an art school? you could find tons of people you'd like there then too, crybaby white kids with expensive MPCs.

speaking of awesome musicians with extensive hood credits, did you hear that THERE'S A NEW KID ROCK ALBUM? not really. but he's as much of as musician to me as eminem is.

I don't consider "producing beats" to make someone a musician

that's production. Producers are different that musicians. Now if you play keys or drums or guitar or sax on a track you produce, you are a musician of whatever you played on the track.

But as someone who produces beats, you're lying if you say you are a musician. You are a PRODUCER and it's way fuckig different.

However most producers DO play at least rudimentary keys.. But eminiem don't.

Rapping, however basic, is just as much music as some emo front fag whning a 5 chorus crap track. Particularly if they write their own lyrics

I think to be a music producer you still have to have an ear for music, a general sense of rhythm, how chord/note combination work, etc.

For example, here's Scott Storch making a beat:

He's definitely a musician.

And of course there are those producers who just use Fruity Loops & an MPC and sample & mix music already made by someone else. Even then I still think you need to have an ear for music for it to come out good. It's not like any nerd goofball with no music background is going to make a hot track with an MPC.

It's not like any nerd goofball with no music background is going to make a hot track with an MPC.

surely the mpc and computers in general give the people the ability to make music without learning how to play an instrument? (the mpc is an instrument in itself)

i'm pretty sure rza didn't know how to play anything circa 36 chambers, but he still managed to create a new sound.