...SWIM...

Can you swim?  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i don't understand how some people don't know how to swim. and i don't mean like actual swimming with a backstroke and whatever other ones there are. how do you not know how to tread water? it's called doggy paddling for a reason, just watch your dog for 5 seconds. treadin water is kinda like climbing a ladder

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DSC05505.JPG

I own a port-O-pong.

My pools are chlorine.

I had any option when I built the new one, but I have never been in a saline pool, so I opted to stick with what I know.

I maintain my new one, I hired a guy to maintain my other house (which I rent to a friend.)

^^^

You live on an ocean, which should make you an even better swimmer than backyard pool owners.

I never knew anyone with a private pool in Chicago, but we have a lake. You have an ocean.

We have Gary, you have Jersey.. so don't come with some chemicals excuse.

How many of you can swim?

Kinda blows when your girl can swim laps around you as you're treading water with the 5 year olds.

You black...? Now I'll head back thru the thread and see where I wnet wrong... :D :D :D

lol...i think its funny you made the results viewable.

but yeah...i learned to swim at like 4 or 5 at the local high school...my mom even still has my swimming report card.

i have a friend who doesnt know how to swim...we got our homegirl to teach him...and she used to swim on a team...she couldnt teach him though..he couldnt even get the basics down.

how can you not know how to swim?

Whenever I go to the lake everyone I'm with always asks me that same question. I don't fucking know! I took lessons as a kid but then never really swam between age 10-18. So i guess the the mechanics just wore off.

I can swim underwater fine, just keeping my head above water and swimming is hard.. i just start to sink hahah It's hard for me to even just lay on my back and float :confused:

I'm setting a goal for this summer...... re-learning how to swim... and float.

IT RAINED HARD A COUPLE TIMES THIS WEEK, SOME BIG STORMS.

I NEED TO GET OUT TO THE RIVER TO JUMP OFF SHIT!

THE LAST COOL CLIFF I GOT THE FUCK WITH WAS LAST SUMMER

BUT IT WAS A 55FT ONE!

WHERES BLOODFART, TELL ME SOME NEW CLIFFS TO JUMP OFF

WHERE THE REST OF YOU TEXAS DRUNK JUMPERS, JUMP DRUNKERS?

Whenever I go to the lake everyone I'm with always asks me that same question. I don't fucking know! I took lessons as a kid but then never really swam between age 10-18. So i guess the the mechanics just wore off.

I can swim underwater fine, just keeping my head above water and swimming is hard.. i just start to sink hahah It's hard for me to even just lay on my back and float :confused:

I'm setting a goal for this summer...... re-learning how to swim... and float.

if you've already learned, it should be incredibly easy to pick it back up

the brain stores memories about mechanical skills separately from event memory

that's why "it's like riding a bike" and you shouldn't really actually be able to forget.

once a person knows how to do jumping jacks for example, even in they haven't in a long ass time, they'll still know how to do it.

so i'd say, just try harder?

if you've already learned, it should be incredibly easy to pick it back up

the brain stores memories about mechanical skills separately from event memory

that's why "it's like riding a bike" and you shouldn't really actually be able to forget.

once a person knows how to do jumping jacks for example, even in they haven't in a long ass time, they'll still know how to do it.

so i'd say, just try harder?

Well I learned when I was 4-5 and I guess never used teh skillz.

But you're probably right.. i barely tried to when i was at the lake last time.