...SWIM...

Can you swim?  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think I started swimming before I could walk. I remember taking classes when I was a kid, more for safety than fun due to all the pools in backyards. I'm a strong swimmer and have done some stupid shit in water. Sliding down alge covered spillways ending in jagged concrete chunks, tubing over spillways trying to hold on to the cooler with the alcohol, going down spillways in a kayak, and jetski/wakeboard/waterski accidents. I'm, going rafting through Browns Canyon this Sat.

Browns%20Canyon%20Proposed%20Wilderness.jpg

Usually an easy trip, it's mostly class 3 rapids with a few 4+ depending on the river. It's running high right now about 4500 cfs. I'm going from the fisherman's bridge to hecla junct. with a guy who runs private trips and does underwater search and rescue for the fire dept.

map_browns.gif

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mccarren pool in greenpoint williamsburg had car engines and couches and every now and then a body in it when I was a kid. Totally abandoned. By the city. Now nerds go there to see death cab for cutie and sing along for a sunday afternoon lovefest. The pool in kids is on 23rd st and the FDR, funny that movie made that spot hot, plus the average public pool is not usually deeper then 4ft. I BLAME THE FUCKING SYSTEM MAN

Edit to gas and monster.

Where's the one in Raging Bull? "You gonna bother me about a steak?"

"FUCK YOU!

FUCK YOUR MOTHER!"

I can't even begin to express my love for this movie. It came on last night. It can be watched as either a comedy or a serious drama depending on your mood and be great either way.

All of those wops knew how to swim.

• Like 1

I used to swim all the time, I had a few friends that swam professionally and I would train with them sometimes, don't swim so much anymore.QUOTE]

professional swimmers? you mean lifeguards? or some syncronized bullshit?

jumping off high shit into the rivers is whats up. i saw some sharks while surfing (bigger than me type sharks) and was stranded with my limbs on the board for over half an hour. i said fuck the ocean for over 10 years because of that. i was in haiti 2 years ago and decided to walk in for a dip, just to get stung by a jellyfish and then step on an urchin on my way back out. im back to 'fuck the ocean', like bp

also part of the curriculum, i had mandatory swimming lessons pretty much all

through primary school. dunno if they still do that.

me too, i don't know a single australian that can't swim and most of my mates and i are really strong swimmers, cept' for them fuckin' immigrants...they used to take us to the beach as part of school, often.

but the more cocksuckers who don't know how to swim and come over here diving into rips in full clothes, the happier i am, and apparently charles darwin too.