DIY legal wall

smartmouth

Bojangles

I am currently in the sewer ducks and murky tunnels stage of my graffiti development. That sort of place is pretty much the only spot available to me right now.

The thing is, the legals that exist where ever it is that you are, do not exist where I am.

I'm not trying to become the sort of guy that only ever paints one board for ten years, but I'd like to have the option available to me for when I do feel like relaxing, I'd like to be able to approach pieces like projects, take a couple of days over them, and make sure they're as clean as I possibly can.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
The thing is, the legals that exist where ever it is that you are, do not exist where I am.

most 'legals' aren't even legal. who do you think got them started? in most cases the local council or whoever didn't play a part, it was writers who found the neglected wall and made the most of it. somewhere along the line the police turned a blind eye, probably figuring that arresting someone for adding the 1000th layer of paint to a wall was like arresting them for throwing a stone through an already-broken window.

co-sign Schnitzel, there are virgin walls everywhere, just open your eyes.

I know all this, I know about the semi-legal walls, and the tolerated rather than legit legals.

I am a toy, I admit that, but I'm not totally new to this, I've been writing for a few years now. It's not like any of this is new to me.

Anyway, thanks for the advice and info guys, this is helpful, even if we did get off on the worng foot.

most 'legals' aren't even legal. who do you think got them started? in most cases the local council or whoever didn't play a part, it was writers who found the neglected wall and made the most of it. somewhere along the line the police turned a blind eye, probably figuring that arresting someone for adding the 1000th layer of paint to a wall was like arresting them for throwing a stone through an already-broken window.

Very true.

This is the case for several spots in my city now that have been that way for 10+ years.

We crept up one night and painted it...then it stayed.

We went back in the day time and painted it again...still stayed.

Met the neighbors, they loved it.

Police cruised by all slow. We waved. They kept going.

Of course, this is a condensed version and I do live in the inner-city where there are bigger fish to fry, but hey.