How many piecesa night in the winter?

CIPHER_one

I can only manage one piece a night right now. By that time, I can't feel my fingertips. I probably could wait a while till my hands warmed up to do another one.

Oh, could there be a reason why my yard has gotten a huge shortage of freights? We use to have like 3 lines consisitently. Now we usually only have one with like 20 hoppers. Do freights travel less in the winter?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by HAL

You are required by the rules of graffiti to do at least 10 a night. Anything less, and you're instantly disqualified.

thats great.

heres the trick with winter bombing, or at least for me. it dosent get really cold around these parts but what i do when it dips into the single digits is get some cheap bootleg isotoners that fit your hand snug. then wear work gloves over them. it has worked great for me in the times that i've painted in 40 & 50 below temps. also never wear laytex gloves in the dead cold. they make your hand sweat, and if you take it off and expose your wet hand to the sub zero air..well then you've got problems my friend.

yeah I've tried the armpits thing, and it does work but only for alittle bit, then my hands freeze up. You know those packs that get really warm when you break them or whatever? what if you wrapped that around your can?

Is that what you were kinda talking about AWF?

im a loser,

1 a night.

the rubber/latex gloves do suck ass as far as cold goes.

i used some cloth gloves with the little beads on them for grip.

i would have been fine if my cans werent already cold.

as for paint bein drippy, i suggest krylon with greydots or german outlines.

i dont get near as many runs out of those with krylon, and they dont fit rusto.

but rusto would be hard to stop running anyway (for me).

i dont like some thick gloves because you cant really feel how much your pushing your spray cap down. then you end up spraying too much, then your dripping, then your pissed.

anyway. thats my $.015 (savin the other half for that sweet lil thang down tha street.)

Originally posted by CIPHER_one

yeah I've tried the armpits thing, and it does work but only for alittle bit, then my hands freeze up. You know those packs that get really warm when you break them or whatever? what if you wrapped that around your can?

those are called hothands or some shit and they fuckin kick ass.. used some fri nite... painted for awhile when my hand started freezin i just threw it in my pocket with the hot hand and in no time i was ready to go.. praise the lord

:D I did 5 the other night at 3 diffrent spots my older krylon went 2 shit,

rusto only worked if i used a rusto fat cap, but fuck it ----dont cry becuse its cold out, buy gloves! i wear mywork gloves $1.00 a par.

they work awsome...........warm hands all nite by 12:35 it was time 2 call it a nite and drink beers!!!!!!!!!:crazy: ROCK'N ALLWAYS!

Seriously, I normally do one or two a night anyways. We don't have tons of spots, so my theory is to just paint the shit out of the ones I can. I guess I could paint more, but I'm not too into the stamp thing anyways. I suppose I could do three stamps in the time it takes to do one piece, so I guess about 3 a night. If you're looking for a number to compete against.

Originally posted by FROSTY

yo what are you talkin about hot pockets??

where can i get some.

i hope u dont me those hot pizza pockets

haha naw yo.. hothands.. go to your local walmart hit the hunting section and with the gloves and shit aile there are these red white yellow celephane packed "doo-dads" called hothands... 2 bucks for 6 well worth iit

nah. i got some suade dickie gloves from the home depot. they grip the can pretty good. nah i was talkin about wearing 2 pairs of gloves..but those things you break to generate heat in your gloves sound pretty interesting. ill have to look into that. the thing is if your hands are too warm though, and for some reason you have to take your gloves off, your hands are going to be real real cold. i can ususaaly pump out 1 or maybe 2 fairly simple pieces in the winter. then i turn into the thro up machine after that, cause you can do those with the left and right hand thumb.

the coldest so far was 24 degrees for me...there was snow on the ground and my toes about fell off....just put your had between the fat on your thies!!...the heat warmer works good but my index finger is the most vulnerable since the can is cold and so is the aerosol comming out! its hard to find a good pair of gloves that are warm and also can grip your can without cramping your hand or it sliding to the ground. so the best solution is painting in the day..BU YAH

Guest L.RonHubbard

isnt hunting gear flourescent? if so it may not always be the best thing to rock...although most people wouldnt associate hunters clothes with graffiti so it might work for your advantage. i dont think id risk it though.

Originally posted by L.RonHubbard

isnt hunting gear flourescent? if so it may not always be the best thing to rock...although most people wouldnt associate hunters clothes with graffiti so it might work for your advantage. i dont think id risk it though.

you can get blaze orange if you want, im sticking with truleaf and trebark.

i thought id mentioned this.

ITS ONN SON!

Originally posted by CROW RA

:D I did 5 the other night at 3 diffrent spots my older krylon went 2 shit,

rusto only worked if i used a rusto fat cap, but fuck it ----dont cry becuse its cold out, buy gloves! i wear mywork gloves $1.00 a par.

they work awsome...........warm hands all nite by 12:35 it was time 2 call it a nite and drink beers!!!!!!!!!:crazy: ROCK'N ALLWAYS!

ROUND 2 THIS FRIDAY

5-8 CARS THEN STRIPPERS AND BREW!

HIT ME UP!

FUCK A SNOW!

Guest esoteric

ok, go to the local bike/sporting goods store and get a pair of motocross-style gloves (my favorite) cuz they fit nicely, are flexible, can still feel the cap and have good control, they are comfy. Azonic, Knuklebone, etc. are Downhill, bmx,motocross kinds that re nice. you can probably rack 'em. If you can't find any, I can get you some for really cheap (below retail) and will send you some. Golf and baseball/football gloves work ok too, but your hands sweat more= bad in winter.

Archived