Eurozone Debt Crisis

KM4RT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I always thought something like this might happen with the Eurozone, I don't see how countries like Greece or Portugal were able to have the same currency as the Germans. The German economy was much stronger and it just seemed weird to me, like the economies were misbalanced and others would be pulling the weight of others.

I was glad the UK didn't join the euro however we are getting caught up in all this bullshit even though we are not a euro currency country.

I think the EU will survive this, simply because these poorer Euro countries will need the EU to back them up and provide support.

Im sure they will but this is the perfect example of why a unified currency would be a mistake. It must especially suck having your money system tied into a country like greece that has civil unrest and riots everytime they close down a coffe shop. Fuck that shit.

I also read today however that the Asian markets are moving closer toward recover, however the dollar gained on the yen but fell against the Euro. Money matters are crazy shit, anything outside a stack and the dudes on wall street can deal with it for all im concerned

I always thought something like this might happen with the Eurozone, I don't see how countries like Greece or Portugal were able to have the same currency as the Germans.

Let me tell you basically nobody over here wanted the damn Euro in the first place, every halfway sane person knew that economies like Italy and Greece would cause problems sooner or later. However, our europhile gov shove it down our throat without asking. Same thing with Maastricht, Lissabon, Schengen etc.

• 4 months later...

"In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect

savings from confiscation through inflation. ... This is the shabby

secret of the welfare statists' tirades against gold. Deficit spending

is simply a scheme for the confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the

way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property

rights. If one grasps this, one has no difficulty in understanding the

statists' antagonism toward the gold standard."

Alan Greenspan 1966

• 1 month later...

Bump.

Collapsing Irish banking system, no word yet of a bailout.

Austria is complaining about Greece failing to meet austerity measures.

Are Spain and Portugal next?

What's the future of the eurozone? It seems to be the root cause - 16 nations, with differing economies, operating under a single central bank, a single interest rate, a single currency.