So my pops................................

Got a face lift.........................................

I was Floored.

Seriously my reaction was textbook shock.

My father is a self made man, relatively modest in character, but eccentric in other avenues. The mazarati, the Gf who is younger then me, and other things he collects; these all being items some money has given him the liberty to acquire. Not a thing out of the ordinary according to him. But nothing prepared me for this.

An old neighbor of mine that lives/lived in his building (my old building) passed away, a dozen or so days ago, and It's not every week I see my father, sometimes months pass, we are both busy with our lives, anyhow the lady died and I had to go pay my respects. So upon arriving off the elevator onto his floor walking down the blue and white wall papered hall toward the old apt I grew up in, I opened the door to reveal Mickey Rourke's stretched face staring back at me. Totally overwhelmed I literally just turned around and said "I'll meet you at the wake"

WHAT THE FUUUUU

His response "you sure" voice barely raised at the end of his sentence hinting a question. I swear I had never had the feeling more then that moment, to just get a drink to settle my nerves. Every time I accept the crazy decisions he makes, he out does himself and pushes the threshold to another level.

He showed up at the wake, with about 10 minutes left. Leaving me there the entire time in a sea of elderly. When he finally entered, I was hoping the whole time it was botox or something, but I stood directly behind him and saw the clear stitches behind his ears. we spoke for about 30 seconds and I left. I have not mentioned a word of it to him and we have not spoken about it since.

There is absolutely no one I know who has experienced something similar.

It's been hard to pull some lulz out of this so thats why I'm handing it over to the oontz.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
*Masarati

i thought you were gonna tell us your pops died.

I just looked it up I think its Maserati I've never even sat in it and he's had it for more then 3 years.

but it's funny you say that bc his face is not the face I remember, in a way his old face is "dead" the whole situation is just gnarly from any direction.

Didn't tell the rest of the fam, i dont think they know, no one else has mentioned it. my sister barley talks to him.

i dunno man.

this is like someone getting a tattoo or other somewhat "minor" surgery. i say minor because i dont know how dramatic it is... if it's night and day thats weird he didnt say anything. still... do you have tattoos/piercings? did your father flip when you got 'em?

(insert "HEY BRO I WAS ______(age greater than/equal to eighteen here)____ SO I WAS MY OWN PERSON MAAAN I MADE THE DECISION FOR MYSELF." argument here).

He did the same. His face, his money, u mad?

I wouldn't be mad, I can think of a million things worse than pops showing up with a facelift.

Don't get me wrong, I would think it's weird also but wouldn't let it bother me, dude's just doing his thing.

I actually think pulling a chick under 30 propworthy, I guess it would be different if it were my pops though.