Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Knee Grow Please

Moving Far Far Away

have any of you ever done it? i'm trying to move within the next year. i've lived in this state all my life and i'm done. i know where i want to move and it is financially doable. any advice? amount of money to save first? tips for looking for apts from 2,000 miles away etc.? props will be awarded for help. NIGGERS

Make sure you have people there. You can stay on their couch while you look for a place. Looking for a place without actually being there doesn't work out. Save enough money to be expecting to be out of work for a month on top of how much you'd expect a new apartment or whatever to cost. Look at Craigslist a lot to get a feel for the job market and "housing" market.

UPS your shit. Store some for later too,do it as light as possible until you have somewhere to put it all.

I've moved across country twice like this.

flying down repeatedly to look for apartments isn't an issue. i have a relative that works for an airline. also, i can transfer with my shitty job until i find something better.

flying down repeatedly to look for apartments isn't an issue. i have a relative that works for an airline. also, i can transfer with my shitty job until i find something better.

That makes things easier,way easier.

• Like 1

Finding a place to live should be crucial and making sure you have either a steady income when you get there, or having enough saved until you can find one. As long as you have a roof over your head and something to eat and not living in a motel like a scrub.

just say fuck it and leave. that's what i did, and i've got my own apartment, job, car and everything now. knew nobody in the town, and just had a backpack full of shit. i see the shit you post. you're crafty enough to get shit done. just use someones mailbox for your own incoming mail, steal it before they go home, and get a job with said fake address. done and done.

i've done this a couple times.

having the ability to transfer w/ your work is awesome--take advantage of that. when i moved to SF it was near 2 months before i found work. that was fucking terrible.

knowing people is helpful too. friends that can vouch for neighborhoods/complexes/etc is key. shit can look great on the internet and be ghetto as fuck irl.

have drugs you can give to strippers for a better time.

do you have an occupation specialty?

he just said he could get a transfer.

i say give'r... goonie stylistic adventures ftw.

i'm looking in your area spit. i think.

Well if thats the case, bring some fucking gym shorts, because its ganna get hot soon.

Also, so you can do the dick slang.

• Like 1

he just said he could get a transfer.

i say give'r... goonie stylistic adventures ftw.

i dont see the problem here, sounds like you're set

i was gonna tell you some helpful shit.

then i saw NI ERS

and thought "why should i help this idiot?"

Enrolling in some classes/sport is an easy way to meet people if you dont already have hookups in said location.

i moved from east texas to fucking DC when i was younger...

culture shock.

I moved 3,378 miles last summer, and it was the best thing I've ever done in my life. Having a lot of money saved enhanced the experience threefold, for I was able to really take it easy and get to know the new place and the new people for a few months before I settled back into a working/steady income routine.

I moved 3,378 miles last summer, and it was the best thing I've ever done in my life. Having a lot of money saved enhanced the experience threefold, for I was able to really take it easy and get to know the new place and the new people for a few months before I settled back into a working/steady income routine.

this.

i did it a year and a half ago, and this is what you should do.

i moved from east texas to fucking DC when i was younger...

culture shock.

[ATTACH]137723[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]137724[/ATTACH]

• Like 1

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now