Seattle, WA

SukiSukiNow

I'll be traveling up that way in a month or so but my OCD is telling me to plan the trip now.

Was wondering if people who live there or are familiar with the city can give me some info and recommend the following or anything else I should do during my visit there...

1. 3 breakfast spots

2. 3 lunch spots

3. 3 dinner spots

4. bars (nothing fancy)

5. sight seeing spots

6. info on public transportation

7. driving to vancouver

Thank you in advance and have a great Memorial Day weekend.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
the first thing i'd do if i were in seattle, wa would be to visit bruce lee's grave and pay my respects.

but thats just me.

i might as well...

in elementary school i got teased all the time by kids asking if my dad was bruce lee

so i guess i should pay my respects

Metro is really easy and cheap in Seattle, you can be anywhere in seattle in no more than an hour.

go to capitol hill or 1st in downtown for bars.

make sure you check out Dick's and Ezells for dinner or whatever.

theres a couple freewalls if you wanna see some rap letters, but that shits gay.

umm lets see, OH stay away from Rainier beach, nothing good there.

1. 3 breakfast spots

1.the high spot cafe

1410 34th Avenue, Seattle, WA‎ - (206) 325-7905‎

2.ihop

2. 3 lunch spots

1.eat at dicks at least once

multiple locations

2.mamas pizza

700 East Pine Street, Seattle, WA‎ - (206) 322-6444‎

3. saigon deli....hella cheap, and an iced coffee that will make you shit!:p

1237 South Jackson Street

Seattle, WA 98144-1908

Get Directions

(206) 322-3700

3. 3 dinner spots

1. thai toms

4543 University Way Northeast, Seattle, WA‎ - (206) 548-9548

go wherever...just dont miss out on thai toms in the u-district‎

4. bars (nothing fancy)

capitol hill or pioneer square, have your pick....theres plenty bars at both

1. lindas

707 East Pine Street, Seattle, WA‎ - (206) 736-5009‎

2.the comet if your feeling grimey and like hearing horribly loud rock

922 East Pike Street, Seattle, WA‎ - (206) 322-9272‎

3.the central

207 1st Avenue South, Seattle, WA‎ - (206) 622-0209‎

5. sight seeing spots

1 alki beach

2 pike place market

3 pioneer square underground tour

6. info on public transportation

bus rides free downtown

bustunnels/lightrail might be quicker during the week

7. driving to vancouver

might need a passport now so dont forget it.

Thank you in advance and have a great Memorial Day weekend.

• Like 1

pike place is pretty fuckin cool.

the neighborhood by the amtrak station and ballpark is also nice to walk around in.

they have a number of cool neighborhoods actually. there's one i'm thinking of across a bridge over a highway but there's tons of places like that in seattle prolly.

i've driven to van and taken the bus, do not take the bus if you can help it because customs is a beyotch. i was denied and now everytime i cross the border there they stop me and it's a big hassle and i need papers.

it is a gorgeous fuckin drive. just absolutely lovely, so take the time to get off the road if you can. take a drive thourgh the cascades. it's only a little out of the way and it's got amazing mountains and some waterfalls and a huge lake that is blue green.

i've eaten at a bunch of places in seattle and remember the names of none. same goes for bars. it's a great city, but very expensive. in fact, everytime i leave that city i have two impressions: it's clean and expensive. i thought it was worse than nyc. but bring dough and you'll have fun

as for gay bars i dunno, but many of the bars are super posh. prolly gays around.

and btw, you mos def must have passport.

i would take all the dog paperwork you can.

absolutely shot records.

maybe some sort of statement from your vet?

i can't look now because this internet isn't working properly, but canadian immigration states what you need. i'd looked into it and found out pits are basically barred entry. so check their website first.

ya def bring dog paperwork, entering the states its mandatory to show rabbies shot records. dunno bout our proceedures, never had a problem re-entering canada but always be prepared when traveling.

canadian customs can be strict sometimes, just as with yours. make yourself a little file folder with a few pieces of documentation. phone bill with your residence is good. bring perhaps something stating you work in the u.s. no need to go overboard but be prepared if they do make you clear customs, they also may just wave you thru.

but ya, i really cant stress that stuff enough. have dealt with multiple homies over the years trying to roll up unprepared and having there entire trip cancelled, not that this applies with you as your not just coming to vancouver. but its on your ajenda, may aswell make it here.

5-10 minutes of planning/gathering papers around your house can be the difference of entry, and non entry. buzz kill not needed, plan ahead.

and as for the passport thing, as of earlier this year no persons can cross the border either into america via canada or from america into canada without one.

no iff's ands or butts. passport is now the law for entry.

i know u have nothing on your list about video games but GAME WORKS in seattle is the shit! Id definitely stop in there, atleast at night time, they kick all the minors out at a certain time so its only bigger kids/adults there drinking having fun :)

and i know the space needle is over rated.. but u gotta do it anyway.