Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Optumis

Who owns you?

Recommended Posts

As an Anarchist & and writer I tend to look at what I’m doing a form of resistance against the statuesque.

Once active but not so much anymore was a group of cops in Melbourne Australia called C.T.S.A {cops trashing shit art}

These guys were a bunch of sick twisted fucks.. with tags like Womble and Jism { yes cops who wrote – usually all over our shit}

Quite a few years back a well respected writer by the name of Hobit was killed {decapitated by a pole} doing a hang out just outside of Mont Albert station in the inner suburbs of Melbourne, soon after many tribute walls went up honouring Hobit only to be quickly slashed by C.T.S.A with slogans like, “Headless hobit” and many more disrespectful type slashings.

What this highlighted and something that I don’t think is talked about much in Graff circles, is that there really is a war going on between us and the State. {By the state I mean government and the police}

 

The reason they don’t want you to put shit up on walls has nothing to do with the general public seeing it as “vandalism” it’s about control.

 

It’s fine that the government and corporate giants can plaster their propaganda all over the train networks, such as Nike who are responsible for an amazing amount of suffering and misery in da 3rd world and other companies sucking the minds of people and tiring to sell us shit we don’t fucking need, BUT ! when a writer puts something up that challenges the statuesque it becomes a threat to the states control over peoples minds.

Blank wall = blank minds…

What’s even scarier is that these very same companies have managed to infiltrate the graff world and successfully market their products to us.

So do we buy into this or continue the fight and take it to the next level….?

One thing that kind of angers me is that I don’t see enough political graff around.

I don’t know how many writers I know who have been locked up had their shit confiscated by the police, been bashed and basically tortured at the hands of the state yet where do I see the response on the walls? No where !

I make a point of sticking It to the global super mega corporate fuckers who are killing my motherfucking planet when I write cos to me it’s a war on many fronts.

They want to try and brainwash the masses with shity mother fucken add’s then I’ll Jam them I’ll scrall big fucking messages across their billboards and do some quick throwies…. Even if it’s not political I still find myself fucking it up just because, well , it’s a fucking buzz…hehehehe ….

I guess what I’m tiring to ask of other writers is .. Who owns us ?

And is this a war that is just in my head ? Am I the only one out there the feels this way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest serpent of the light

as an american and a writer i was too lazy to read whatever you thought you had to say. nobody owns me. however, in the words of xxxfinger pointxxx (one x is NOT enough) kansas city owns me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I'm correct? I still hold the title on my torso but I'm leasing my legs and limbs from "Uncle Sam" on a 30 year option to buy with an interest rate of 8.9%..........bringing me from an adjustable rate mortgage to a regular conventional loan........... that is after I refinanced from the initial rate of 12%!!! Damn I'm a hustler!!:king:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ehhehe.... Ok ok .... Maybe i'm throwing some shit up that is a bit out there ... But all I'm really asking is do people put any real thought into what we are actually doing?

And I'm not talking about what we are psychically doing..

But what it is we do and the imapact it has on peoples minds?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Optumis

ehhehe.... Ok ok .... Maybe i'm throwing some shit up that is a bit out there ... But all I'm really asking is do people put any real thought into what we are actually doing?

And I'm not talking about what we are psychically doing..

But what it is we do and the imapact it has on peoples minds?

 

well sure i have thought about it in a political aspect, but i just do my thing my own way. the system has fucked me over before, but what am i to do? go write on things hating on capitalism, sure capitalism has its serious downfalls but writing on shit wont really solve anything will it? itll just send me back to places i dont want to go again. i agree with the anarchist movement and i also disagree with it. i say the most effective way to make change is to use your mind, you seem intelligent enough, whats stopping you from running for politics? get in there and make a change in the house of commons (is that what the use in australia?) i feel as a politician you could do alot more damage than a graffiti writer or putting up a bunch of posters that the majority of the people will simply look past and not even notice. im sure you have some sort of anarchist group to support you dont you? go into politics if you want a change. protesting is a slow process, imediate change would come quicker if you had some power. why not use the system to get what you want instead of going against it?

 

sorry ill be this is totally off topic and rambling and probably a majority of this is wrong. just ignore it, im in a grouchy mood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by T.T Boy

 

well sure i have thought about it in a political aspect, but i just do my thing my own way. the system has fucked me over before, but what am i to do? go write on things hating on capitalism, sure capitalism has its serious downfalls but writing on shit wont really solve anything will it? itll just send me back to places i dont want to go again. i agree with the anarchist movement and i also disagree with it. i say the most effective way to make change is to use your mind, you seem intelligent enough, whats stopping you from running for politics? get in there and make a change in the house of commons (is that what the use in australia?) i feel as a politician you could do alot more damage than a graffiti writer or putting up a bunch of posters that the majority of the people will simply look past and not even notice. im sure you have some sort of anarchist group to support you dont you? go into politics if you want a change. protesting is a slow process, imediate change would come quicker if you had some power. why not use the system to get what you want instead of going against it?

 

sorry ill be this is totally off topic and rambling and probably a majority of this is wrong. just ignore it, im in a grouchy mood.

 

Thanks for making an honest post man, I understand how frustrating political posts are.

As for Anarchism it's not like anything we have now… It’s kind of like what you said you do..

Just doing our own thing .. No government, no masters, no bosses.. Hhehee..

It’s funny cos when people actually find out what anarchism is, especially graffAz they tend to claim that they have always been one… It’s natural..

But I will leave my critique of Anarchism to some later date as a fear I might just bore ya ass to death hehhee:cool:

 

As for me running for a political position that’s out of the question.

The political system we have now .. Being parliamentary democracy {both here and the U.S} is killing us slowly and I will have no part in that system.. I’m talking direct democracy where the people have real control of their lives and communities.. hhehhee I’m talking global revolution cats …lol Hhehehehhehe WEEEeeee… But being realistic … Like what can I do here and now … Just keep on keepen on .. doing my own thing and putting my idea’s there for peoples ta chew on…

Peace….

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as long as i live under the idea that i am an object to be owned there will always be a possibility that i will become the property of someone else.however if i believe that no one can physicall,mentall,and spiritually take ownership of my self (body, mind, and soul) than i am free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest ctrl+alt+del

I own Intangible Fame! but he doesnt make me any money so im considering selling him. Act now and ill throw in a trenchcoat. I take Visa and Master Card or cash. He goes to the highest bidder. Make your bids now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes I feel so oppressed by the inner turmoil within our graff community that I forget to look at whats coming in from the outside. If it is war, then we need to be united firstly before any impact can be made...

I am a fairly political figure in our graffiti community in NZ...One of the few to know what the beuracrats are doing first hand..They know who I am and communicate with me through meetings I have to attend during the organisation of the hip hop events we do here...I have used this to keep an edge and keep the community informed on how they can carry on safely..They seem to turn a blind eye to me and my actions..which is cool...Our community is so at war inernally that half the time it doesn't matter what the state are planning because our scene polices itself...recycles itself, kills itself and is also reborn eachtime...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Optumis

 

Thanks for making an honest post man, I understand how frustrating political posts are.

As for Anarchism it's not like anything we have now… It’s kind of like what you said you do..

Just doing our own thing .. No government, no masters, no bosses.. Hhehee..

It’s funny cos when people actually find out what anarchism is, especially graffAz they tend to claim that they have always been one… It’s natural..

But I will leave my critique of Anarchism to some later date as a fear I might just bore ya ass to death hehhee:cool:

 

As for me running for a political position that’s out of the question.

The political system we have now .. Being parliamentary democracy {both here and the U.S} is killing us slowly and I will have no part in that system.. I’m talking direct democracy where the people have real control of their lives and communities.. hhehhee I’m talking global revolution cats …lol Hhehehehhehe WEEEeeee… But being realistic … Like what can I do here and now … Just keep on keepen on .. doing my own thing and putting my idea’s there for peoples ta chew on…

Peace….

 

 

and thank you for not going off on a stupid arguement after reading my post. political posts are really interesting but they are an easy way to get all angered and make enemies. im interested in politics, but i have little understanding of anarchists, and from the littl eive read i really dont agree with what ive heard. but i cant make an opinon as of yet because i really dont know the whole story. so maybe you could go deeper into what exactly its all about. i thought we had the same system of government as im from canada.... just a wild guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok the system will do whatever it needs to keep its power. the poor strive to be the middle class and the middle class strive to be the high controlling class. there is a constant strugge between the three. everyone lives off other peoples misfortunes, think about it. the only reason your on a computer is because someone worked hard to build it and program it. the only reason you have electricity is cause some poor bastard dug up some coal in a coal mine and then some poor bastard hauled it off to burn. you live off that misfortune. you will do whatever you need to to get into power, then you will do whatever you need to to maintain that power. same shit differen't people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest ego trippin

word

 

this topic touched a sore point with me.

i've spent countless mornings sitting on painted trains, carefully judging the reactions of the peanut gallery surrounding me, waiting to see if my hard work will have any effect on the blank slates they call their brains.

they've been carefully brainwashed and conditioned by the government to view graffiti as an evil, unneccesary waste. this is why i believe that we must make graff as high profile as possible to get a raise out of the public. hit the hard spots. make it applicable to them. give it a message that they'll understand, and prove to them that we're not all mindless dickheads

but don't get busted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

have you ever noticed how alot of everyday, typical things you see before, during, and after work have a deeper meaning, almost like subliminal messages....for instance, i'm a manager at a resturant, we recieved a Coca-Cola xmas card from one of our distributors...it had an xmas scene with a little boy, little girl, santa clause, and a dog...notice the children all have blonde hair, and blue eyes, the dog is very obediant by standing at attention and santa is waving his arm much similar to the way nazis salute hitler,...after thinking about this, i thought of the Coca-Cola polar bears...theyre white...white as can be...why the fuck do they have to be polar bears? why couldnt they be brown bears...and as for nike...dont even get me started...putting kid through slave labor at the average age of 5, nike is like an undercover cop....doing everything to appeal to everybody....remember the commercials where they had obstuctions on the middle of baseball fields, soccer fields, and basketball courts...then it would show a skateboarder....then said:"how would you feel if you were treated like a skateboarder" well i got news for ya...they fucked up....that time we didnt fall for the bullshit

 

 

christ...now i have a headache

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Props ta all da thinkAzzz..

 

Props ta T.T boy and inkjunkie34...

 

T.T boy this is for you .... Peace...

Your welcome to e-mail me if you like and chat about anything... Got any question just feel free to ask away... Peace.. dolearmy@optushome.com.au

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/1931/secAcon.html

 

 

 

Inkjunkie34 i think the same fucking things when I'm on the trains ..

I watch the faces of those who stare at the walls as they rush by and wonder what the fuck is going on in their head ...

Imagine if we all went out and like these mother fucking globo corps put our own messages on the walls ... Then we could really start to get those mindless wage slaves something to think about..:idea:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by ctrl+alt+del

I own Intangible Fame! but he doesnt make me any money so im considering selling him. Act now and ill throw in a trenchcoat. I take Visa and Master Card or cash. He goes to the highest bidder. Make your bids now.

 

What the.....thats my trenchcoat....what the....

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Can I have my head back" -SG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah inkjunkie i know what you're saying..i plan to go on a shooting spree or something pretty soon..i cant really deal with the shit..we should discuss some theories sometime..i might scare you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gday optumis good topic

i really like anti consumerism and all of this. i dont however feel its a war. its just confusing. society says one thing and does another (some times this is good and sometimes this is bad)

 

the anti consumerism/anti capitalist movment is growing more and more every day. You have heard of B.U.G.A UP ? i learned of them through my photography teacher who used to take pictures of their work and blitzkreig. basicly they are australias version of the billboard liberation front. they arent so active nowadays.

 

any way... its only we as writers and youths that feel the pinch, because thats who the companies are targeting. youth. im not too into buying nike or other huge companies but i have in the past, i also dont push my veiw onto any one else. i can hardly take thinking about my own life let alone other peoples. i do however tell my mates not to eat at maccas. more and more 'fast food' is the same word as 'mcdonalds' and 'drink' is the same word and 'coke' and this worries me. i hate brands, there are so many labels like 'writer' 'wog' and 'abo' and so forth, people work so hard to remove labels so why should our possesions have labels too?

 

any way.... right down to the point. right now in australia i feel that the general public isnt under the grip of too many corparations, the people are too simple to relate to huge companies and logos. but its the youth, you and i, we should worry about. (dont let us turn out like america, where you can get murdered for your shoes, no offence americans.)

 

forgive my terible punctuation and spelling.

peace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: Props ta all da thinkAzzz..

 

Originally posted by Optumis

Props ta T.T boy and inkjunkie34...

 

T.T boy this is for you .... Peace...

Your welcome to e-mail me if you like and chat about anything... Got any question just feel free to ask away... Peace.. dolearmy@optushome.com.au

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/1931/secAcon.html

 

 

 

Inkjunkie34 i think the same fucking things when I'm on the trains ..

I watch the faces of those who stare at the walls as they rush by and wonder what the fuck is going on in their head ...

Imagine if we all went out and like these mother fucking globo corps put our own messages on the walls ... Then we could really start to get those mindless wage slaves something to think about..:idea:

 

optimus - keep throwin out that krazy shit from that brain of yours... makes me me think...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest imported_b0b

There was a good article in Underground Productions a few issues ago about "anarchist" writers. It was interesting definately..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×