DAO IS A FINE YOUNG MAN.

PITOFZOMBIES

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, alot of people (I know Tre knows, but others) are under the impression it doesn't get grossly hot and humid here.

However, it definitely is USUALLY better than the South (I've spent alot of summers in VA), I just don't know if that will be the case this year.

Edit: I've only ever been to Philly in the winter, but my sister said being there in the summer was the hottest she's ever been in her life

Let me point out that around here we can go to the Brown or RISD pool on their campus and stare down all the hot girls till they get creeped out and leave, then rape the last one swimming alone in the dark.

rape props. no seriously though. summers over here suck just as bad as any other place.

only we got oceanic relief a few short miles away depending on where you lurkin...i'm borderline

ct/ri with six beaches within a half an hour.

• Like 1

Yeah one of my fondest memories of NYC in the summer as a child was the most stagnant humidity and heat, no breeze, walking around with my balls stuck to my leg from sweat - but it's still not as bad as 3 straight weeks of 105+ weather with < 75% humidity that we get here. Actually For the longest time I referred to NY in the summer as the 8th level of hell just because of the complete lack of breeze in the city - It's not all sea salt and noreasters, but trust, it's a lot more hospitable. My boy drove from Philly (where he grew up) to Orlando (where his parents retired to), and across the nation to here, then Nola and finally austin. He said by far the heat was worst here because TX has desert heat, and while Nola is close in crappy summer weather, there's still some gulf breeze...

Even Toronto in the summer is kinda hot and humid, and it's on the great lakes... People die of heatstroke in Chicago all the time (mainly because landlords aren't required to offer AC there-but here AC is a requirement for any place to be considered hospitable, but a lot of places don't have heat because that's not required)... It gets hot and humid everywhere, but us river basin cities below the mason-dixon lines, it's horrible. ATL is hot as fuck too...

I just did a job in bowling green Friday and temps got to 103 in the day, and was down to 65 by the time we were leaving.

And i'm totally about to coin the phrase "true school hot chicken" and take it to war with buffalo NY for their fake ass wing sauce...

I don't know if the Northeast is gonna be much better this summer. Here in RI we set a record for May yesterday, 96 fucking degrees

dude.

its was 96 last weekend here.

and summer officially started today.

however, east coast summers beat the shit out of west coast summers. west coast summers may have higher temps but we have humidity. which is fucking intense