Sitting in on classes at community college with out registering

KILZ FILLZ

This is my thinking-

maybe two subjects I'm genuinely interested in (ex: film study, 3 dimesional drawing, music history, something else I don't even know about...). All my electives have been done for years so even of I legitimately took them, I see no benefit. The way I see it, free learning of shit I wanna learn.

1) I don't need to pay

2) I don't need to study

3) no chance of my GPA getting fucked up

4) no midterm or final

So, do you think the teacher would catch on?

Do you think they would care enough to tell me to stop coming?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It's called auditing and it's done quite regularly at every college in the world...

except community college.

If you want to learn for the sake of learning, you can choose any school you want. Why go for the shittiest ones around?

Nosnoboner.

I dont know why you would do this. If you just want to learn just for the sake of it I guess its cool.

Other then that without registering you get no records that you even took the class, no transcripts, nothing...

So whats the point? Just read a book

And also no one will ever kick you out.

If you tell a professor you want to audit their class they are generally psyched on it.

Who wouldn't rather to teach to people who are independently interested in the subject, rather than required to be there?

This is my thinking-

maybe two subjects I'm genuinely interested in (ex: film study, 3 dimesional drawing, music history, something else I don't even know about...). All my electives have been done for years so even of I legitimately took them, I see no benefit. The way I see it, free learning of shit I wanna learn.

1) I don't need to pay

2) I don't need to study

3) no chance of my GPA getting fucked up

4) no midterm or final

So, do you think the teacher would catch on?

Do you think they would care enough to tell me to stop coming?

Yeah the teacher will catch on. Eventually he/she is going to see you and ask who you are. Unless it's one of those big classes that look like stadiums with 500 students. But a 30 student class, of course.

I've sat in on classes at Berkeley a bunch of times. This broad I used to date was at school a lot so sometimes I'd chill in class with her. I never got noticed or hassled for anything.

They had a Simpsons Philosophy course that I used to blaze and enjoy from time to time.

Anyone who thinks education is lame or gay is a jerk.

It's my favourite thing in the world after smoking marijuana and fucking teenagers.

this.....BUT...

sometimes its not worth paying and going to college. i like the idea of sitting in on stuff you wanna learn for free... just the pure benefit of your own education.

all the classes i've taken at a community college are like max 40 people, so they probably would notice, it would be easier to sit in on lecture sections at a university where there are 100+ people in a class

this.

its easy to audit classes in large lecture halls, but in small classes its harder...still possible, but harder.

when i went to community college, auditing classes wasn't allowed, but at my uni it was ok to do.

give it a try though....whats the worse that can happen?...the teacher telling you to stop showing up?