Paying for Convnience

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
im currently debating if i want to pay an extra $300/mo in rent to live closer to work. (i live only 7 miles away curretly and takes me about 25 min. to and from work b/c i hit every single fucking red light) the spot is a block and a half from my office - which would equal me being able to:

a. eat at home during lunch

b. take naps at home during lunch

c. wake up real late and make it into the office in a timely manner

d. wouldn't have to drive mah new hoopty in traffic/around much at all

yea or nay?

I'll put it like this, if the place is nicer than your current pad, and you plan on working there for at least till the lease is up, yes, yes, and yes.

You'd probably get something back as far as wear and tear on the vehicle, gas money, and possibly insurance.

But having an extra 25 minutes in the morning and 25 after work is about an hour roughly per day.

Lets say you work 5 days a week and 4 weeks a month that's 20 hours a month saved.

So that's 15 dollars an hour, you have to ask yourself if your time worth $15 an hour?

If someone offered me $15 to drive my own vehicle for an hour and pay for the gas myself I'd turn it down.

Cliff notes, get that place.

thats never a problem. put on an honest face with a bit of desperation - clenched teeth/hurried look

"may i use your bathroom? i was going to buy something anyway, ill do that after" (if youre not a crustpunk/an obvious bum, they never say no)

shit/piss, stylize bathroom with mandatory rap letters, then walk out a winner

they try to charge you to take a piss - you buy fuck all & get over on them

in europe you gotta pay for public bathrooms

like at the metro and such

in europe you gotta pay for public bathrooms

like at the metro and such

Hotel Bathrooms are the way to go... walk in like you are staying there, head down some hallway in lobby and find a nice clean bathroom. Usually has some nice music too. works best in 3 Star + places...

ATM fees? forget about it. i use my banks atm.

buying drinks at fast food places? negative ghost rider.

$9 beer night? only if at a sporting event or concert, otherwise fuck you and your hipster bar.

gas prices? i find that shit before I fill up on google, just type in "best gas prices" and you see all the stations by you.

clothes? Ross. i shop at Ross so much I made up a new word for lookin fresh in a $20 outfit: Rossin'

shoes? it's rare I find shoes I like there, I usually don't skrimp on footwear.

paying tickets? fuck that, lawyer defers them for me

follow these tips and you can live sucker free like me

ROSSIN!

i live this way most of the time and im still broke as hell... zing.

ya i definatly dont go to far out of my way for saving a penny here and a penny there in day to day purchases.

of course imma look around when dropping cake on something of value where the difference is of $50 and more.

used to a date a girl years and years ago that was horrible for shit like this. such a fucking penny pincher to this point of idiocy. that being said i did take a little something from her on my spending stupidities and learned sometimes its dumb not to.

but come on, being cheap is a horrible. horrible trait and if your one of these people and either dont know or dont understand how people perceive this/you, ya need to know. your annoying, and people think less of you.

one thing that has to be noted is the fact these rules apply to people with money and not going thru hardtimes... that is a whole other topic.

but you can till be broke as fuck and not be cheap without being lame. ie:not partacing in whatever rather than doing so and when the bill comes being illusive and/or cheeseball about it.

another thing that drives me nuts are the "it must be nice" people. by no means im a rich, well off or set for life. let me stress this again, by no means.

in fact i lived most of my life without much in my pocket, but you get out of life what you put in when yer a regular dude that aint got no bills paid for em or a trust fund.

and the combination of using yer head. having drive and an ethic to make shit happen in turn, good things come around.

• Like 1

I'll put it like this, if the place is nicer than your current pad, and you plan on working there for at least till the lease is up, yes, yes, and yes.

You'd probably get something back as far as wear and tear on the vehicle, gas money, and possibly insurance.

But having an extra 25 minutes in the morning and 25 after work is about an hour roughly per day.

Lets say you work 5 days a week and 4 weeks a month that's 20 hours a month saved.

So that's 15 dollars an hour, you have to ask yourself if your time worth $15 an hour?

If someone offered me $15 to drive my own vehicle for an hour and pay for the gas myself I'd turn it down.

Cliff notes, get that place.

awesome reply. i like how u thought about it.

def. leaning toward swooping up the new spot.

def. a lot less douche bags living there

/end thread jack

• Like 1

damn... pay toilets?

not so public

only way id pay for that is if i was about to shit my pants

hotel bathrooms are a good idea...

the milan train station was the worst......

paying 5 euro to shit in a goddamn hole in the ground where someone comes in and hoses it down after you leave.

AT THE MAIN TRAIN STATION

IN FUCKING MILAN...A MAJOR FUCKING CITY

A GODDAM HOLE IN THE GROUND WHERE SOMEONE HOSES IT DOWN

this is a picture of the toilet on an italian train

you shit and it goes right out of the bottom of the train

the tracks at the goddamn train station are covered with shit!

bgsies.jpg

WTF ITALY????

ah. To placate the girl you could always plan ahead. For instance, you plan on drinking saturday.... tuesday night you are grocery shopping.... pick up your beer ahead of time.

But really. The time it takes and the gas you burn cancels out savings more often than not

i don't even think it's about paying for convenience.

to me, paying for convenience is like paying extra for a single serving of a perishable good, or paying more for food because it's served quickly, or more for a drink because it's served in a to-go cup. .or for that matter, paying extra for a phone you can carry and use anywhere, or paying for a toll, or public restrooms etc.

not driving a million miles out of the way for something that is cheaper is good time management, or proper money management, since you lose the extra cash you've saved in wasting it to get to a place that is further away. plus as you mentioned, the time is invaluable

i think it's because these people are obsessed with the finding of a bargain, and it has little or nothing to do with actual savings.

Me too. minus the night in jail. They just took my money (about $150)

ahh you paid for convenience lol.

they wanted 200$ each for me and my boy, or we could stay till 12 the next afternoon. I said FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU wheres my bed.