- lie on my front / side for more than 10mins

- take a dump

- have a shower

- drive

- walk more than 45mins

- work

- eat without feeling sick

- scratch where it itches.

Bloody "lets remove this infection once and for all" surgery.

Cunting doctors leaving me with no advice on how to live like this.

I currently have a massive "pressure pad dressing" taped firmly to my backside, covering an area from the small of my back (where it curves, where people hide guns) down across my bottom to the top of my legs.

I dont think this is what they did to me, but its a pretty grim flick...

.exerese_2_gG_m.jpg

All i can say is thank god for:

box-set-wire.jpg

Got seasons 1-4 done already and started 5 again last night.

Anyone got any advicew on how to deal with post-surgery going mental disease?

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It looks like they pulled a chicken tender out of your back.

On the serious tip though, television and videogames are lifesavers...painkillers work wonders too...if you can have friends or family over at any point definitely do that too just to break the monotony of being by yourself (if you are). Good luck!

that first pic was unappreciated... so in conclusion sneak. and cannot, and will not open your thread again.

haha, my apologies! thats NOT me in the flick tho...

pertplus, i sleep with difficulty. im used to tossing and turning all over the shop when im asleep (an ex remarked that i move around a lot while asleep). its hell...i wake every few hours numb on one side, spend 5mins getting up and turning over. rinse and repeat.

i have a sack of codine, but it made me constipated and didnt really do a great deal to help....

my friends seem to have all dissapeared off the face of the earth at the moment, so im relying on my e-friends.

Im day 6 into this thing. got a docs appt on friday to hopefully have stitches removed. I just re read my discharge papers from the hospital and from what i understand i have a layer of stitches with gauze packed underneath then more stitches below that.

after i broke 7 ribs and a collarbone at once, everything was really painful. everything. laughing, sneezing, laying down, sitting up, shitting, pissing, eating..

time heals and virtually nothing makes it go by faster.

smoke weed and watch tv. tell them the codeine isn't working, it sometimes doesn't help people and they might get you on something that works.

however, after it's over you will have the most amazing appreciation for health life will be better than it was before.

after i broke 7 ribs and a collarbone at once, everything was really painful. everything. laughing, sneezing, laying down, sitting up, shitting, pissing, eating..

time heals and virtually nothing makes it go by faster.

smoke weed and watch tv. tell them the codeine isn't working, it sometimes doesn't help people and they might get you on something that works.

however, after it's over you will have the most amazing appreciation for health life will be better than it was before.

i think u have me beat there symbols! 7ribs and a collar bone - fuck that! was that the car crash i seem to remember you talking about way way back?

i feel you on the time healing all, i just got off the phone with my mum who was saying she wasnt surprised im going mental - i tend to be moving and be around people for the majority of my life / work so not being ablle to move is emphasising the stuff im missing.

worst thing is, this is the longest period of time off from work in over 3 years..and i cant do anything with it! sucks.

got a spliff ready now, and 3 episodes of lost to catch up on.

cheers IOU.

Allwhitepeople... ive got plenty to re-read. i enjoy reading for pleasure so im still doing that. filling up sketch books too...

talking of which, if anyone is up for some sketch exchanges, get in touch!

and all they gave you was codine? Ok.... Get the fuck on the phone like 10 minutes ago.

Tell them exactly how you feeling and DEMAND OXYMORPHONE & some damn Fentanyl

suckers...

then mail me some.

Heres the scoop. Codine is like some tylanol. It helps the pain a little i suppose but not

much else. But you in pain & miserable right? .... right? The stronger shit will kill the pain

and make you not care that it hurts.

a& some damn Fentanyl

suckers...

i read something about these things, aren't they more addictive than heroin? fuck that shit man, im trying to live a clean life!

im not actually in much pain, apart from muscle aches in my thighs and legs. its surprising, i thought i was going to be crying. im hoping and praying that the fact im not in pain means everything is aok.

its more the being stuck not being able to do much thats getting me. feeling tired, not being able to sit or move properly. i mean, shit last night i cooked some food - an effort to stand and do - and then had to kneel at a coffee table to eat. i managed for about 5 mins before giving up.

When I was recovering from surgery and did not have full mobility I found that the muscle cramps were causing more pain that the surgical site. Hit up some muscle relaxers and it helped a great deal more than the pain killers.

I also worked my way through many a episode of the wire during that time, a buddy dropped off his playstation and that helped as well.

yup, it was the wreck. ( i got t-boned by a dude going 60mph then my car went through an iron fence)

i was going crazy too, to the point that i started going back to work after about 3 weeks. it took me like 30 minutes to do a 5 minute walk to the subway and once i got to work i was good for nothing, but it was better than being stuck inside.

luckily i like solitaire and drawing.

you could try to take up a hobby, like miniature train weathering or something painstaking that takes a lot of time.

best wishes to you for a speedy recovery

Day ten and the first load of stitches is due to come out today!!

I had a post surgery moment of paranoia yesterday when I thought I had felt one of the wounds (one close to my arse) collapse and explode open (no homo). So after a quick (3hours) trip to a & e, I had the wound looked at and pronounced ok.

By my count in the last few months I havw had 31 strangers prod and poke my backside. 31 was quite hot actually...

I also have a flick of one of the wounds if people want to see...

However: it is a pic of my White and quite pasty arse, it's not very gruesome looking (surface damage is minimal as all the work went on under layers of skin)...