SLAYER :)

LexDiamonds

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
slayer hasnt been any good for 20 years

this.

there is a point where metal heads have to recognize the roots of the music, and know who played a role in making metal what is today. true.

buuuut, when a band shits on everything they did, giving themselves a blink-182-accessibility and making garbage music for two decades w/o a decent album, metal heads have every right, and, imo, a responsibility to hate that band, talk shit on them, and not give a fuck about them.

slayer did a ton for metal, pioneered a lot of great stuff, but they also pioneered 'nu metal' and brought about some of the gayest shit to ever happen to aggressive music.

(also i didn't watch the video because it won't load over here)

i just dont understand whats the draw to music you cant make out the lyrics to other than the enrgy in which, yes. shows are crucial.

musicianship brah. death metal is music that is written for other musicians IMO. I got no idea what 95% of the growls are about unless I'm reading along, but I'm mostly listening to the guitar and drums anyway.

/yes death metal head.

no, it enhances my headache.

and for the record, iv heard real death metal cats call slayer a boy band.

This is probably the funniest thing I've ever read. Maybe you should listen to metal before you judge metal bands moron. Those "Real" death metal "Cats" probably have no idea that Slayer is a THRASH band, and have never claimed to have been death metal. Go listen to Tupac, retard.

Slayer sucks, I dont care if they invented the fucking wheel. Horrible horrible band

I think Metallica, Anthrax, Venom, Megadeth and Mercyful Fate had more influence on Thrash/Speed metal bands.

Fuck em

[ATTACH]137381.vB[/ATTACH]

thats my brain right now.

horrible horrible band?

whaaaat!

i do agree they pretty much lost it 20 years ago.

boom.JPG.70d0b1800c4892423945d5d09a602c75.JPG

This thread should be about Municipal Waste.

eh.. after Waste Em All it went downhill.. art of partying was better than hazardous mutation, cause it almost sounded like they realized HM sucked and they needed to try and get that old municpal feel back... but they really fucked themselves with waste em all cause they had a lot to live up too after that, that album was amazing, the other 2 just sound more like bland thrash metal and became just plain boring, dudes voice lost the edge he had, as did the whole band.. especially cause they got a new drummer, that dude that wrote waste em all MADE that album, the other 2 albums have good songs, and good parts to songs, but over all i could give a fuck less..

they died a long time ago to me.

edit: just saw theres another album after Art of.. dont know shit about that.

• Like 1

[ATTACH]137381[/ATTACH]

thats my brain right now.

horrible horrible band?

whaaaat!

i do agree they pretty much lost it 20 years ago.

Then how can you not believe my statement?

They are horrible, so what if they were cool 20 years ago. If you see a fighter that at one time was awesome and undefeated but then all of a sudden lost fights continually for years. You dont say he is a great fighter anymore, you just call him what he is..a loser

Then how can you not believe my statement?

They are horrible, so what if they were cool 20 years ago. If you see a fighter that at one time was awesome and undefeated but then all of a sudden lost fights continually for years. You dont say he is a great fighter anymore, you just call him what he is..a loser

well i mean their earlier stuff is pretty much untouchable. same shit with metallica. first 4 albums ive been listening to for over 20 years because they are great. same shit with anthrax. and lots of bands from those days. they are mostly terrible now but that stuff is solid gold.

sometimes bands dont know when to hang it up and move on to something else.

show no mercy is so fucking good! come on!

slayers best album.

yes.

better than fucking reign in blood.

so shut it up nerds.