Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

He Just wants to get paid.

True. He always called himself a mack, pimp, hustler anyway. More cash in his pocket.

Ice Cube is another story. You can't go from being on BUNR HOLLYWOOD BURN to starring in horrible Hollywood garbage year after year. I want angry Cube back.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

One could draw the conclusion that because you watch so much Law & Order you like cops. In the show the cops always win. You would have figured this out after 2 episodes. Killers and rapists getting away doesn't make for happy endings.

Are you a cop lover Swamp?

Yes, fuck NBC.

Law and Order was a shitty, corny show, though I'll watch SVU just to see Hargitay. I have such a thing for her...

As others mentioned, that shit will be on TNT endlessly.

On a semi-related matter, I would like to ask; I understand why everyone in jail watches Law and Order, but why is it motherfuckers always have to watch Charmed?

Fuck NBC and TNT.

Didn't read the thread yet, but L&O was hot garbage since Jerry Orbach died (a process which arguably started after Chris Noth left, although I like the dude who played Green) and Sam Waterson started playing DA. Every episode was the same boring shooting or on some unbelievably deviant shit.

I'll stick to SVU, I expect the deviance from them and like Chris Meloni as an actor.

thats pretty much what im sayin about The Sheild. not so much what its written about, shits street. and they tackle shit correctly. but ya, its the acting that cheeses me out huge.

very similarly to 'OZ when it was out and the budget hbo was using(clearly DRASTICLY different now, they are quite obviously the front runners and trendsetters for television) but FX channel they dont have huge budgets, so in essence perhaps i could say the same reguarding both shows, the writing was better than the executtion.

Double post, but you've hit the glass ceiling of meth smoking if you think The Shield was poorly acted.

your right, because this guy:

TheShieldVicMackey.jpg

is such a highly decorated award winning actor, i forgot. look, i already stated im almost willing to take back the statement its a bad show. because as the discussion grew i started thinking about it more. but the fact of the matter is the best years were early on, when it had less of a budget. then when they tried bringing in some heavy hitters like forest witiker and glen close clearly, they were searching for a broader demographic.

when it started on a network aint nobody give two shits about called "fx" they had zero budget. which means there talent pool was small. they chose the bald headed commish because he has some credability in hollywood and also he is known for playing police.

as i stated earlier the writing on the show is good, i like the way its filmed and whomever is in charge of the semi final product cant be to old because it hits a, and im guessing here, 20something-30ish demo. ie:fast crash n bang action with drugs crime and killing. which is what draws you in aswell as again, some pretty brutal(harsh) concepts for episodes.

i also like how they really do all kind of coralate to each other.

bottom line is, theres definate reason to enjoy watching the show and be drawn to it. i get that, however acting is not one of them.

and ps, its this guy i fucking hated to the point of not even wanting to watch:

walton_goggins_l.jpg

Honestly Swamp, it's run its course.

You also shouldn't be surprised that they don't care. It's corporate TV. It will be replaced by a reality show about fat teenage midgets having quadruplets that develop meth problems on a desert island.

THIS.

at first i was like whoooo the fuck cares i aint never heard of those award ceromonies in my life, then the big ones popped up...

ill give ya that. just proved my ass el wrongoh with that reguard.

and they were for some pretty high up awards including the bald headed meatball with legs getting a couple best leading actor spikes.

i stand corrected...

Yeah, but awards for TV shows and movies alike are pointless.

It's impossible to properly judge subjective material especially when they are all completely different and made by different people and such.

Those awards just end up being a popularity contest in the end and mean nothing.

Fuck, look at Arrested Development. Best show in years and it was cancelled after 3 seasons because retards didn't watch it and comedy gets no play in awards shows.

Here's the formula to win an award for a movie or show. Hire a bunch of currently "hot shot" actors, lump on as many depressing events as possible in the allotted time, make people cry, call it a true story, win an award.

really?? that shit was cancelled? damn, i always assumed the actors just wanted to much money by the end.

that show was genious. my ex girl turned me onto it after it was off air and we watched all three seasons in like a day once.

Fuck, look at Arrested Development. Best show in years and it was cancelled after 3 seasons because retards didn't watch it and comedy gets no play in awards shows.

Arrested Devolopment won a bunch of awards. Six Emmys and a Golden Globe, to be exact