Lifted Truck HATE Thread

KILZ FILLZ

I know a couple people who owned Range Rovers before, yes, they are very expensive to maintain.

If this guy has had it since 06 and said the only thing he's replaced is a tail light he's lying or extremely lucky.

It has to be over due for a tune up at least, for this model you're looking at at least $600 for a new plug wire kit alone,

not to mention all the other little things that go with a tune up that normally don't cost much.

hes ASE certified so all the little shit he does him self, with any car that isnt super main stream like a camry its going to cost a fortune every time is enters the parkinglot of a shop because in most cases you have to take it to the dealer. for example, a friends window motor in his honda went out. he could have bought the motor and the tool and replaced it himself for under 100 but the dealership was asking 900 to do the same.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im a little shocked at the abundant reaction of hatred towards lifted trucks, yall just bummed you cant fit the gas bill??

and as for anyone owning a pickup not in construction, sorry but thats an absolutely rediculous statement.

trucks are extremely useful and i miss mine.

i will agree that RangeRovers are whats up, but i like the sport models wayyy more. and i will be owning one sooner than later.

16740_1137249205327_1650292302_3566.jpg

i would agree with the sport model thing, but i go camping on the beach allll the time. and if i was going to spend over 100 grand on a car i damn sure better be able to take it on the beach.

and regarding the truck thing, trucks arent just for construction workers... i mean, if you work in a office and own a truck your a moron. however, if you own a dirt bike, if you enjoy woodworking or have any other hobby that would fuck up the interior of a escalade then a small truck is completely appropriate. and by small truck i mean a small tacoma or tundra, the people who have those duramax diesel hemi 7 liter bullshit engines to be able to haul around the occasional 2x4 at 6mpg are fucking retarded and deserve to die.

nobody is an idiot if they own a truck, they are extremely handy.

case closed, stupid argument.

if someone owns a reasonable truck, they are extremely handy.

if someone owns a truck where you pull a muscle in your back putting a futon in the bed, they are extremely silly with that truck.

which brings us back to op's argument of why lifted trucks are retarded.

white.jpg

do you or do you not agree that this truck in it self is retarded?

the driver has nothing to do with it.

what could you possibly load and unload from its bed?

you couldnt even go off roading with it. youd get stuck or flip in a second.

lowered trucks get better gas mileage. and considering most lowered trucks have a bed cover and are very light, they get even better mileage. so if you get a deent deal on a S-10 and didnt want a truck, you can throw about a grand at it and make it a pretty damn functional commuter.

unless the truck has less then 4 inches of lift, you arent going to get much functionality based soley if anything on the fact that if you want to use a trailer your going to have a dropped hitch which means hell for anyone who loads a truck without shinpads.

not to mention if you pay to lift a truck 2 inches your a moron as nobody will notice and the only difference is less mileage.

I bought an '06 Toyota Tacoma a few months ago. Put about 20 thousand miles on it already. I'll never lift or lower it and no 4wd. She works fine as it is and I'm pretty hard on vehicles.

Unlike a lot of people, I need a truck. Crossing borders on dirt roads and shit. I've had a few 4wd's in the past, with various upgrades. And I've learned that a 2wd with good ground clearance will get you just about anywhere when driven right. I'm doing a baja trip in August, Tijuana to Todos Santos. The road is extremely brutal most of the way down with many of the coastal routes 'requiring' 4wd. I don't expect any problems. Done it before in a 2wd with a winch. Salsipuedes! Yep!

Yes, I just exposed my career as a coyote on the interwebs. Fuck a fed and a federale. I'm too paid to really give a fuck. SEE MEE NIGGA.

Really though I was talking about the Oregon/Cali border. August will be the first time she does the run through Baja. There will be too many boards and too much camping gear in the back, otherwise I had thought of smuggling Jose and Jose-b back across for a nominal fee. Easy shot right through Arizona. ... :lol:

Growing up in So Cal ... Its funny for sure

The knee high black socks with shorts are a tell tale sign !!!

giant-bro-truck-780674.jpg

okay thats ridiculous. how do you even get into that truck?

im pretty sure its illegal to have trucks that high on the road here. i could be wrong though but ive only ever seen one truck similar.

what we have is these;

4904833.jpg

they have they're own retarded subculture too

8257d1131536262-ttjet-near-vl-1-.jpg

Swampfight, you are confusing halogen headlight bulbs with HID headlights. Its the HID's you hate, regular headlights are all halogen. HID is very bright due to burning a gas called xenon, rather than the gas halogen. The HID system uses ballasts that step of the car's 12 volts to 20,000 volts to ignite the xenon gas, the bulb of which uses no wire filament like that of a halogen bulb. Its the arc that is created in this process which produces the blue tint to the light making you think its Jake in the rear view for a second. There are halides in the HID bulb which once ignited by the 20,000 volts from the ballasts can sustain operation with the car's 12 volts. Its the assholes who buy the cheap Chinese HID kits off of Ebay and install them into halogen headlight housings that blind everyone, not knowing that you need HID specific projector lenses in order to not produce too much glare and blind everyone including Jesus and the alien lizards.