Lifted Truck HATE Thread

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats a cali plate, i thought you lived in mex?

edit- lifted trucks in mex is just fine. they got mad dirt roads and shit where they would be useful.

i dunno what its called. but it had a push bar, but took it off the 1st day i bought it. i live in oakland. im in mexico bout 3 or 4 times a year tho

I hear ya Boat.

I'm not a fan of those high powered halogen joints on all the new cars.

halogens are the dull yellow ones you're used to. xenon are the blue jams that you are hating on, but they light the highway up nicely for me. I get highbeamed on the highway all the time, at least I use too when they were still semi new, but those people get the idea pretty quick when I do click my highbeams on.

also, lifted trucks are hilarious. every retard that lives where I work has a lifted truck, its like one big cock waving contest to see who can have the highest suspension with the biggest tires. a sucker is born every minute, and people pay top dollar for this shit. and maybe one in every twenty I see actually has mud on it.

ive never seen anyone fill up with premium, isnt it bad if you fill up with premium sometimes and undleaded other times without completely draining the tank and flushing everything?

id still choose a gas engine over a diesel one, easier to work on if anything

a diesel engine is actually way more basic and the maintenance is easier, protip.

also, the premium vs non premium is a matter of the compression ratio of your engines cylinders.

a high compression cylinder needs a higher octane fuel for maximum performance. my car is turbo charged and has a high compression ratio so it likes to see 91 octane or higher for good performance, but running 89 or 87 octane gas won't hurt the engine, it just won't perform as well.

but it doesn't work vice versa, if you're running premium octane fuel in an engine that doesn't require it you could damage the engine

a diesel engine is actually way more basic and the maintenance is easier, protip.

also, the premium vs non premium is a matter of the compression ratio of your engines cylinders.

a high compression cylinder needs a higher octane fuel for maximum performance. my car is turbo charged and has a high compression ratio so it likes to see 91 octane or higher for good performance, but running 89 or 87 octane gas won't hurt the engine, it just won't perform as well.

but it doesn't work vice versa, if you're running premium octane fuel in an engine that doesn't require it you could damage the engine

im still kinda skeptical, everyone i know in the mechanic business says diesel mechanics get payed a hell of alot more then gasoline mechanics. if its easier to work on diesels then shouldnt it be visa versa?

and that makes sense on the gas tip. the other day i saw a porche filling up with 87, was a strange sight.

i think you got it backwards, "Cars that require higher octane gas actually need that higher priced gas because the engines compress the fuel more before it ignites it. If you put regular gas in a car that requires premium, the gas will prematurely ignite when it’s being compressed and the engine will give you a knocking sound. This is bad for your car."

I'm sticking by my words. The amount of compression is determined by cylinder size and engine timing. Octane rating is a measure of the fuels ability to handle compression. I've had to put 87 in my car before as there was nothing else available and there was no engine knocking. I do know somebody who put premium octane fuel into their Cherokee and it was never the same. I could be wrong though, but this was always the impression I had...

Acer diesel mechanics probably get paid more because they can work in more than just the automotive field ? (rental, heavy equipment, etc...)

i still think gas engines are easier to work on, they have been around forever and from my understanding havent changed THAT much. diesels on the otherhand, if im not mistaken are still changing.

in otherwords, i know shittons of people who could get a gas eating car running no problem but i only know maybe one or 2 people who can say the same about a diesel. and those few people also happen to have a college degree and are making hella money.

• 2 weeks later...