Mayweather Vs. Pacquiao..........

christo-f

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Dude was a mediocre fighter as a Light Flyweight that got knocked out a couple of times, then all of a sudden went all the way up 7 divisions to Welterweight and became a beast knocking out dudes left & right. Combine all that with him not wanting to take the drug test."

Dude you don't know anything about boxing. Pac was hall of fame material in the lower divisions. He was phenomenal. He lost two fights very early in his career when he was struggling to make weight, as do many great fighters. Also he started out at 106, just like Floyd did. And he's always been known as a fast, knockout puncher. We've seen him progress thanks to Freddie Roach. From the time he was Super flyweight up to Welter, he hasn't put on much pounds if you look at what he weighed in the ring. He never failed any drug tests. Most Americans will make every excuse in the book to say that Pac is cheating b/c they can't accept the fact that a foreigner is accomplishing great things in a sport.

Its just like what the Europeans would say to Lance Armstrong(that he must be juicing). Pac has agreed to any and all testing, but stands firm that he won't let Mayweather dictate the fight and make his own rules and terms. Let the commission handle all that not some chicken shit scaredy cat lol.

It'll be a good fight though, if Mayweather just mans up and quit making excuses.

"Dude was a mediocre fighter as a Light Flyweight that got knocked out a couple of times, then all of a sudden went all the way up 7 divisions to Welterweight and became a beast knocking out dudes left & right. Combine all that with him not wanting to take the drug test."

Dude you don't know anything about boxing. Pac was hall of fame material in the lower divisions. He was phenomenal. He lost two fights very early in his career when he was struggling to make weight, as do many great fighters. Also he started out at 106, just like Floyd did. And he's always been known as a fast, knockout puncher. We've seen him progress thanks to Freddie Roach. From the time he was Super flyweight up to Welter, he hasn't put on much pounds if you look at what he weighed in the ring. He never failed any drug tests. Most Americans will make every excuse in the book to say that Pac is cheating b/c they can't accept the fact that a foreigner is accomplishing great things in a sport.

Its just like what the Europeans would say to Lance Armstrong(that he must be juicing). Pac has agreed to any and all testing, but stands firm that he won't let Mayweather dictate the fight and make his own rules and terms. Let the commission handle all that not some chicken shit scaredy cat lol.

It'll be a good fight though, if Mayweather just mans up and quit making excuses.

You're an idiot. My views of Pacquiao has nothing to do with any nationalism of "foreigner" nonsense. I like plenty of overseas athletes. I think Pacquiao IS a great fighter, but there's a lot of evidence to suggest he's juicing. Most boxers do not just move up in weight that quickly. Especially 7 weight divisions.

"

why is it that everyone has to blame mayweather for the fight now happening. manny had a grip of stipulations he put on the fight from glove size to the size of the ring and what not, floyd agreed on all of them and only had one request, blood testing, and he didnt agree to that. but all of a sudden its floyd's fault, and he's scared.. what's so scary about wanting to fight someone on the same playing field. none of you ever probably competed in the sport that's why its easy to make comments about being scared. theres nothing wrong about trying to fight fair. and it is very fishy that he is coming up in these weight classes and hurting these guys, very fish no matter how you look at it, but seeming fishy doesn't constitute him being guilty of 'juicing'. either way i just want to watch the fight as well, neither of these two are my favorites, but it'll be one hell of a fight. i see mayweather winning though.

• Like 1

You're an idiot. My views of Pacquiao has nothing to do with any nationalism of "foreigner" nonsense. I like plenty of overseas athletes. I think Pacquiao IS a great fighter, but there's a lot of evidence to suggest he's juicing. Most boxers do not just move up in weight that quickly. Especially 7 weight divisions.

Well, at one point I was 120lbs.

Now I weight almost 160 and I continue to grow. Am I juicing too?

The thing is, you aren't going to be recognized as a great fighter in those low divisions. So what do you do? You move up in weight class to fight better competition.

Pac man like has been said before has been knocking dudes out since he was in the Phillipines on nobodies raydar at 106lbs. With pretty awesome speed at that.

I honestly don't think he's juicing. He is way too important to the Philippines in general just to be cheating the entire time. Honestly, I see it just as "hating" at this point.

All of these things that people are saying about Pacman not wanting to do this or that is just hilarious. Pacman just doesn't want to fight under Mayweather's rules. He's not the boxing commission.

That's like the Lakers playing the Celtics in the finals, and the Celtics being called cheaters and cowards because the Lakers only want to play home games.

Well, at one point I was 120lbs.

Now I weight almost 160 and I continue to grow. Am I juicing too?

Dude, everyone gains & loses weight. Simply gaining 40lbs is a lot different than moving up 40lbs in "fighting weight" to fight another man that is naturally in that weight class. It's just not easy to move up in weight and fight guys that are naturally that weight. And this has been proven over and over with fighters who were undefeated and only moved up 10 or 15lbs to a higher division and got knocked out by guys who are that normal walking-around weight.

Here we go.

Mayweather and Pacquiao have been going at it verbally (nh) for forever now. Pacquiao has stated numerous excuses as to why he doesn't/can't take the tests. He didn't have his lucky socks, it makes him weak, the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) can do it, and the list goes on. These are facts, google the articles. As of late, Bob Arum, his promoter, has stated he wants him to fight Margarito. For those of you who don't know, Margarito is 5'11 with a 73" reach. Before this was proposed to Pacquiao, another excuse Pacroid used was that Mayweather was too big and that the tests would weaken him. lolwut? Yet the chance of him fighting a freak of a welterweight is viable. Cut the crap.

Mayweather offered cut off dates, tried 14 days but Pacquiao bitched out. Now after he fought Mosley, he tries to agree to 14 days but Mayweather already clarified before his win against Mosley that after his fight with Sugar, the 14 day offer is off the table.

Random doesn't mean a cut off date, that's contradictory. It is a fact there are EPO's (type of steroid) and human growth hormones that are easily cycled out of the human system in a matter of hours. USADA (United States Anti-Doping Agency) tests aren't to catch a fighter in the act of using, but deterring them from cheating during training up to their fight. Even so, if Pacquiao has been using during his past fights, the advantages of using would still be there.

Pacquiao 9/10 will lose to a pure boxer; Erik Morales I and Juan Manuel Marquez twice. Sure he was given the win in his second fight against JMM, but that is a controversial and debatable decision. Pacquiao has been knocked out twice, you could say that was at an early age due to weight issues, but that's another story.

As of late he beat De La Hoya, who was weight drained and has even been confirmed by Pacquiao's own trainer Freddie Roach. For those of you know who don't know what that is, basically a fighter starved themselves to death to make weight for the fight, probably the worst thing that can happen to you in boxing, aside from training related injuries.

He then fought Hatton, who was war torn to begin with and shot. Cotto is already on his downslide and basically traumatized by Margarito, never to be the same fighter he once was. His most recent fight with Clottey showed how vulnerable he is to a welterweights power. Joshua Clottey was basically a punching bag that punched back. After all these fights and people want to say he's a proven welterweight? Not quite.

Mayweather is a defensive fighter and has been the best his entire professional career. He's had come close calls but has beaten every fighter he's ever fought. If you guys watched his fight against Mosley, you saw how he faced his greatest challenge in round two, yet was still able to break Mosley down for 10 rounds there after.

Either way, there'll be fireworks when they meet and Mayweather will continue to grow his legacy with a win over Pacquiao.

• Like 3

Here we go.

Mayweather and Pacquiao have been going at it verbally (nh) for forever now. Pacquiao has stated numerous excuses as to why he doesn't/can't take the tests. He didn't have his lucky socks, it makes him weak, the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) can do it, and the list goes on. These are facts, google the articles. As of late, Bob Arum, his promoter, has stated he wants him to fight Margarito. For those of you who don't know, Margarito is 5'11 with a 73" reach. Before this was proposed to Pacquiao, another excuse Pacroid used was that Mayweather was too big and that the tests would weaken him. lolwut? Yet the chance of him fighting a freak of a welterweight is viable. Cut the crap.

Mayweather offered cut off dates, tried 14 days but Pacquiao bitched out. Now after he fought Mosley, he tries to agree to 14 days but Mayweather already clarified before his win against Mosley that after his fight with Sugar, the 14 day offer is off the table.

Random doesn't mean a cut off date, that's contradictory. It is a fact there are EPO's (type of steroid) and human growth hormones that are easily cycled out of the human system in a matter of hours. USADA (United States Anti-Doping Agency) tests aren't to catch a fighter in the act of using, but deterring them from cheating during training up to their fight. Even so, if Pacquiao has been using during his past fights, the advantages of using would still be there.

Pacquiao 9/10 will lose to a pure boxer; Erik Morales I and Juan Manuel Marquez twice. Sure he was given the win in his second fight against JMM, but that is a controversial and debatable decision. Pacquiao has been knocked out twice, you could say that was at an early age due to weight issues, but that's another story.

As of late he beat De La Hoya, who was weight drained and has even been confirmed by Pacquiao's own trainer Freddie Roach. For those of you know who don't know what that is, basically a fighter starved themselves to death to make weight for the fight, probably the worst thing that can happen to you in boxing, aside from training related injuries.

He then fought Hatton, who was war torn to begin with and shot. Cotto is already on his downslide and basically traumatized by Margarito, never to be the same fighter he once was. His most recent fight with Clottey showed how vulnerable he is to a welterweights power. Joshua Clottey was basically a punching bag that punched back. After all these fights and people want to say he's a proven welterweight? Not quite.

Mayweather is a defensive fighter and has been the best his entire professional career. He's had come close calls but has beaten every fighter he's ever fought. If you guys watched his fight against Mosley, you saw how he faced his greatest challenge in round two, yet was still able to break Mosley down for 10 rounds there after.

Either way, there'll be fireworks when they meet and Mayweather will continue to grow his legacy with a win over Pacquiao.

couldn't have said it better myself

• Like 1

Here we go.

And you say Pac is one for making excuses.....

Pac lost twice his whole career. One of those times was when blood was drawn close to the fight date. That is why he doesn't want to be tested so close to the fight date. It's a stupid superstition but alot of boxers/ athletes are dumb like that.

Shut the fuck up, you obviously know nothing about boxing, and you have google....

and still know nothing about boxing.

And he got beat by bums and drew with bums, the only fighter worth merit that beat him was Erik Morales, can you tell me who Rustico Torrecampo is??? I dont know, but Mannie does, he knocked him out in the 3rd round.

Either way, Mannie can't handle Floyd Mayweather Jr, simple as that.