americans + food. a rant.

50million

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as good as whole foods stuff is.. the place is WAY overpriced. i refuse to do any serious shopping there.

.99 cents for a pound of pasta...$2.49 for a jar of organic pasta sauce = win.

there is gourmet artesinal shit there for sure...but you gotta look for the stuff that is priced match to trader joes. some shit gets hella cheap.

high end meats, wines and cheeses are for sure expensive, but we have comparable things for all of it. we also take food stamps :D

I can get by $50/2 weeks shopping there.

I can get by $50/2 weeks shopping there.

the discount helps tremendously. i don't think it's feasible to buy 2 weeks worth of whole foods stuff at once. there aren't any preservatives.

i like their cheese selection though. i consider it more of a specialty store, not something I'd go to everyday... unless of course I got it like that... then, well, I'd highside on all yall bitch asses.

I didn't bother to read anything you said, but i just wanted to point out that you're the biggest wannabe food snob ever. That is all.

PS: FOIE GRAS, I LOVE FOIE GRAS SO MUCH. ME AND MY BOYFRIEND WENT OUT TO A RESTUARANT AND TOTALLY SPENT LIKE $2000 ON OUR FOOD. THERE WAS FOIE GRAS TOO! MY BOYFRIEND IS ASIAN. I LIKE ASIAN DUDES. FOIE GRAS. YOU ALL DON'T KNOW HOW TO EAT. WHOLE FOODS. WHOLE FOODS. WHOLE FOODS. WHOLE FOODS. FOIE GRAS. WHOLE FOODS.

• Like 4

I prepare and cook the majority of my meals, thank you very fucking much. Started as a hobby, then it because a necessary habit.

I find cooking for myself and others to be very rewarding in a wholesome and healthful sense. Don't get me wrong, I fuck with the processed/prepared shit once in a blue moon when I've had a busy day (mostly oven pizzas with my toppings) and I'm too fucking tired or it's too late to spend an hour or two making something.

Thing is, once you start, it's so hard to relapse because the fast food and processed shit tastes like and makes me feel like shit.

• Like 1

the discount helps tremendously. i don't think it's feasible to buy 2 weeks worth of whole foods stuff at once. there aren't any preservatives.

i like their cheese selection though. i consider it more of a specialty store, not something I'd go to everyday... unless of course I got it like that... then, well, I'd highside on all yall bitch asses.

hint: grab the most expensive cheese and hand it to someone behind the counter and ask for a sample....they gotta sample it all!

proper home cooking has not become "outdated" as you put it

the whole behind the doors of a closed kitchen + the lifestyles that follow, etc... has exploded into the mainstream... cant you tell

yes there will always be people eating fast food or being too busy to cook from scratch, but you blew things way out of proportion

i dunno. i see both sides of the fence. you cant argue that fast food is bigger than ever generating more money than ever.

but you also cant dispute the fact things like how celebrity chefs and the food network have catapulted home cuisine/cooking.

id have to see some numbers, but my guess is still saying fast food is growing quite a bit more rapidly than the ladder.