Interviews

the.crooked

I fucking rock at them!

Just had two in one day. Pretty sure I got both jobs.

Anyone else here love the challenge of an interview?

Anywho, I thought given the times I'd make a thread about tips and suggestions for anyone with questions about how to do well in an interview.

Dismiss it as you may, but it's quite a wonderful skill to have, and not hard to acquire at all.

Don't know what to say?

Don't know how to use body language to convey your sense of confidence?

Having marital troubles?

I'm sure some other people here have some voices to put out on this topic, Poesia... I'm lookin at you for the interpersonal skills.

Anywho, cheers to potentially two new jobs, and all the skrilla I can dream of (not really)!

money.jpg

money.jpg

and, obilgatory:

nuns_have_tits.jpg

this thread will probably end up with barely any responses and quite a few views like normal... mehh! I'M GETTIN JOOOOBBBBSSSS!!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

congrats on doing well in your interviews.

As for tips and suggestions:

ALWAYS be positive and enthusiastic.

..and most importantly....hustle yourself....think of yourself as a product you are selling...try to make yourself sound like the best product out there, without coming across as cocky or arrogant.

Well,

good tips.

The first job I'll be pulling 19 an hour as an independent contractor for a tutoring company.

The second would be about 10-12 (meh) for doing tech support for a web hosting company. But, I think I worked the second interview such that I can do part time for both and pull down some nice numbers.

The key to interviews is to dress nice. Dress shirt, tie, dress pants, dress shoes, maybe a blazer or suit jacket if you really want to make an impression. It doesn't matter what the job is, whether it's handling the Pinsky file for Pearce and Pearce or flipping burgers, always dress to impress.

I just got a new job, and it was one of those stupid group interviews. When I saw who actually got hired, the only thing I could think of that set us all apart was the fact that we were all the people in the interview that actually dressed nice. That shit goes far. You'd be amazed at what some people go to job interviews in...

Congrats on the jobs by the way.

Biggest thing...know everything you can about the company before coming in. I do interviews all the time, and people that don't know enough about what we do get tossed out pretty quick. Also dress to the tits.

This^^^

If you know your shit, qualify, and know how to carry yourself, guaranteed there are 5 others that have been/will be interviewed just like you.

Being able at some point to bring the conversation into specifics about the company/department you're interviewing for is a plus.

Knowing as much as possible about the company or department and what exactly they do and how they do it always helps get to that convo and peaks the interest of the interviewers at least.

Interviewing someone is boring as fuck, if you have an engaging conversation during said interview that candidate stands out.

The key to interviews is to dress nice. Dress shirt, tie, dress pants, dress shoes, maybe a blazer or suit jacket if you really want to make an impression. It doesn't matter what the job is, whether it's handling the Pinsky file for Pearce and Pearce or flipping burgers, always dress to impress.

Granted I've only ever had two jobs (I don't count bouncing gigs), and both of which were mine without an interview anyways, but I'm pretty sure if someone showed up wearing a suit for an interview at McDonalds they'd be dismissed as crazy and not hired

4541811344_4389a4ff6d_o.jpg

In a word: pleasure. It's like, my pleasure in other people's leisure.

this^^^^

1. keep in mind: you rule at life

2. no mentioning other past jobs unless its a situation that you rocked at - like solving a problem (without too many details on why it needed to be solved).

Tip:

Do not wear flip flops to your interview.

When I showed up for my Home Depot interview I was late (for a legit reason, I missed the bus after my GED test), wearing a tee, jean shorts, a fitted, and sandals with socks.

Like I said, the job was already mine anyways, but it was still LULZ thinking back on it