Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
injury

knit n dance

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/Yarn-Bomber-Strikes-Maplewood/9BbXURX4t0uW59k5tXYStQ.cspx

(Rochester, N.Y.) – The owner of Dark Horse coffee on Dewey Avenue found a surprise outside her shop this weekend.

“I drove up and was like, whoa! What's that?” said Bonnie Haley.

A colorful, crocheted square was wrapped around a tree.

“It draws attention to our neighborhood. People drive by and they see that and it's like, ‘Wow, what is that?’” said Haley.

The crocheted pieces are slowly popping up all over the Maplewood neighborhood, on signposts and trees.

I'm the Maplewood yarn bomber,” said Karen Duncan. “I was at the library and they had the book called ‘Yarn-Bombing’ and that is what started it. We've got to do that right now!”

Yarn-bombing, also known as knit graffiti, is a national trend that aims to beautify neighborhoods. Duncan also wants to get noticed for her work, which she sells online. She hopes to inspire people to take up crocheting.

“I’ve had a bunch of people on Facebook or email say, ‘Did you do that? Why are you doing that?’ And a lot of requests to come to their houses and put them up,” said Duncan.

Duncan would like others to join her in yarn-bombing the neighborhood.

“I have another one that's going to go up at the corner of Raines and Magee tomorrow morning,” she said.

“I hope she surprises a lot of other people, too,” said Haley. “She can come to my house and do it!”

:huh:

Original.jpg

Original.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah

there's been a knitting crew or three in my city for years

noones said anything about this HOW?

I bought some "modern fit" pants for work without trying them on and they ended up being for TPWF's.

beware of the modern fit!

yeah

there's been a knitting crew or three in my city for years

there's been a knit bomber here for a hot minute too

I bought some "modern fit" pants for work without trying them on and they ended up being for TPWF's.

beware of the modern fit!

Modern = faggot&gogreenreminder

Lesson learned, I will stick to the classic fits.

who fucking cares.

its not like they sat there a "crotched" the thing for hours in the spot. they prefab that shit wrap it around the treethen stitch it up the fucking seam.

gay thread is gay.

i dont think this will stop pregnancy or stds.

I heard it will work unless you get a run in it...

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now