Shanghai world EXPO 2010

Soup

So i decided im blowing all my money this year on a trip to shanghai for EXPO 2010. Ive never been to the motherland (LOL) so im looking for everything: travel tips, hotels, place i can get a good cheeseburger, etc. Christo-f I know you're the go-to guy for all things chineseses so if you can help me out and possibly inspire some 12oz heads to fly out too that'd be awesome. I'd actually like to do this as modest and cheaply as possible and since it's china it shouldn't be TOO hard. Shit 3-day passes to basically this 5.4 sq km disneyland for artichokes is 400 yuan. Whats that like $4?

I'd post pics but I wouldnt know where to start.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i dont know if your trying to be smart, trying to be funny, or trying to be sarcastic there.

but what i do know is that world celebrations/exhibits of this magnitude are funded by all countries within there own structures.

not to mention 100's of millions if not into the billions of corporate sponsorship moneys that is just not floating around these days.

aswell as tourism plumeting due to, agaion, the economy.

but im happy that the stock of egg foo yung has gone up for china. bonus for sure.

i went to EXPO 86 in vancouver canada, but only remember parts of it, because i was a kid.

but i did go to shanghai when i was 20....i loved it there....very clean city, and the people were very friendly.

also, there was a barbershop/haircut place that was about a 10 minute walk from my hotel.

1 hour massage = $7

everything was inexpensive there, but then again this was 10 years ago....have fun!

fuck china

I was until I got engaged....

Soup, I just got donated two tix today, not sure when I will go.

You can't come to China without going to The Wall and the F City. Drop up north for a few beers, the couch folds out and you're welcome to it whilst you're here. Hit me up with a PM and let me know what you have planned.

Oh snaaap... Caligula up in the great white norte in '86.

Lemme see if I can refresh yer memory. The giagantic hockey stick I referred to earlier which was like 5/6 stories tall. They had this crazy like highway wave of concrete dipped cars, people etc etc. It was a trip. Few other things I remember but small and frivalas.

There was a big skateboard contest aswell. I think Hosoi won. Unfortunatly I was not in attendance for that.

Oh shit I remember my favorite shit from that whole expedition. the egyptian pavillion. It turned me out into being obsessed with mummies and tombs and pyramids n shit.

Had a dope ass glossy poster on my wall for years from that.

Shit was dope.

not to hijack the thread, but yeah i was in vancouver in 86 and once in 89/90.

things i remember from expo 86...

this water park ufo thingy..

ufoh2o-now.jpg

a store that sold novelty items (like something that looked like a pack of gum, but when you pulled out a piece, a mousetrap metal thingy would hit you on the thumb)

watching a 3d movie (a rip off of flight of the navigator, with a girl playing the part)

going up in a ride that had a glass bottom and seeing the people below look small as ants

a native exhibit.

i got one of those triangle flag thingies as a souvenir of expo86 that hung in my room for years.

What's that? EXPO 2010 is 8 times larger and is expecting 300,000,000 international visitors. Its also about urbanism and sustainable city planning and has every single major player involved so if you want to know what the future could be like, expo10 is it.

This is gonna be a trip:

800px-Expo_2010_Shanghai%2C_Urban_Planet_Pavilion.jpg