Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soup

Shanghai world EXPO 2010

So i decided im blowing all my money this year on a trip to shanghai for EXPO 2010. Ive never been to the motherland (LOL) so im looking for everything: travel tips, hotels, place i can get a good cheeseburger, etc. Christo-f I know you're the go-to guy for all things chineseses so if you can help me out and possibly inspire some 12oz heads to fly out too that'd be awesome. I'd actually like to do this as modest and cheaply as possible and since it's china it shouldn't be TOO hard. Shit 3-day passes to basically this 5.4 sq km disneyland for artichokes is 400 yuan. Whats that like $4?

I'd post pics but I wouldnt know where to start.

id imagine it makes you very knowledgable and phiosophical.. that or you start seeing dragons and have dreams of comunism..

• Like 1

Is THE WORLD EXPO the same as THE WORLD FAIR from back when?

Expo '86 in vancouverwas kill.

tho this labia exhibit seems to have trumped even the gigantic hockey stick and puck we had.

aaaa.jpg

straight goods tho this will be tight. i wasnt sure that they even did expo's any more so this is cool.

just ashame you will be eating cat burgers and sleeping in garbage cubes.

Ive never been to the motherland

BigTroubleInLittleChina1.jpg

"China is here"

i'm pretty sure they cut your hand off for smoking weed. and that's the misdemeanor penalty.

good luck.

oh and....

ART PEOPLE

i dunno how cuvated these things are nowadays, especially with the global economy but they used to be a big deal.

in 86 here in vancouver there was an average daily attendance of like 108,000 people.

I guess you dont know that in the global economy, China has been doing quite well. I am sure there will be plenty of new money Chinese people

i dont know if your trying to be smart, trying to be funny, or trying to be sarcastic there.

but what i do know is that world celebrations/exhibits of this magnitude are funded by all countries within there own structures.

not to mention 100's of millions if not into the billions of corporate sponsorship moneys that is just not floating around these days.

aswell as tourism plumeting due to, agaion, the economy.

but im happy that the stock of egg foo yung has gone up for china. bonus for sure.

I know you are an idiot, and dont know anything about the outside world except what you see on the "internetz"

go to the motherland...study Chinese artichokes

i went to EXPO 86 in vancouver canada, but only remember parts of it, because i was a kid.

but i did go to shanghai when i was 20....i loved it there....very clean city, and the people were very friendly.

also, there was a barbershop/haircut place that was about a 10 minute walk from my hotel.

1 hour massage = $7

everything was inexpensive there, but then again this was 10 years ago....have fun!

fuck china

I was until I got engaged....

Soup, I just got donated two tix today, not sure when I will go.

You can't come to China without going to The Wall and the F City. Drop up north for a few beers, the couch folds out and you're welcome to it whilst you're here. Hit me up with a PM and let me know what you have planned.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now