The Floodening 2010 (a photothread)

TreSixO

If we survived Katrina you guys will get through this.I mean it's bad,but not nearly as bad as the flooding water that sat there for weeks on end after Katrina.

And looting will get you killed.Just ask anyone around here!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh for fucks sake people i made that shit up, geezus.

newspapes dont use the words "shit" grown men dont give "the peace sign" when there drowning in it the coworker named "Tikka Masala" is an indian dish and "Bindar Dundat" is a made up name to sound like "been there done that". it was just a random picture i found on google under "funny flood pics" that i added "associated press '10 nashville" to and an article i changed names and added text.

people are dying tho, so RIP. just not Bindar from drowning in poo.

so ya:

nobody is drowning in sewage and no reporters are having lung poisoning from breathing in shit.

heard about this on the news, just called tre to make sure he was ok.

damn that sucks son, glad i was there a few weeks ago to eat at neely's before

it bit the dust, and see the opryland in all its glory. really glad you stocked up

on kush and shrimp too. must spread rep but you know the deal.

newspapes dont use the words "shit" grown men dont give "the peace sign" when there drowning in it the coworker named "Tikka Masala" is an indian dish and "Bindar Dundat" is a made up name to sound like "been there done that". it was just a random picture i found on google under "funny flood pics" that i added "associated press '10 nashville" to and an article i changed names and added text.

so ya:

nobody is drowning in sewage and no reporters are having lung poisoning from breathing in shit.

I had doubts, but well done.

Seriously though, on the media tip...I just watched Nightline. Three stories were advertised before the show: 1.Times Square bomber 2.Lebron James is a great guy puff piece 3.Nashville floods.

I normally wouldn't sit through that show but I wanted to see flood coverage.

After the Lebron puff piece came a canned puff piece (i.e. a junk, non-news story filmed a long time ago that they can just stick in there for filler). The flood coverage was never shown. So yeah, I guess Nashville doesn't count.

so ya:

well played .. well played

I see no shame in saying I didn't pick up on Bindar Dundat:lol: :lol: :lol:

and "curry in a hurry"

you must spread some reputation around blah blah blah

tips hat

AQUARIUM BREAKS AT OPRY MILLS

In a story filed by Teresa Weakley for the ABC affiliate, WRKN, in Nashville, Metro Nashville police say the fish tank at the Aquarium restaurant burst during the flooding and the marine life escaped.

The fish are mostly saltwater species and did not survive the 'freshwater' flooding.

Apparently, however, one species did and it is the piranha. It can survive in freshwater. So, if you're on cleanup detail at Opry Mills, where water is neck deep in places, watch out for one mean fish.***

30 posts a day? Let's average the post time at 3 minutes (some will only take 30 seconds, but others can take 10 minutes so I think that's fair)

so that's about an hour and a half of just straight posting time, not counting reading... a day.

i4py7d.jpg

Kenny Chesney was working in another state when the storms hit. He returned to Nashville midweek to find his home engulfed in water, rising past the first floor. His gym was ruined, his collection of sports memorabilia (including personal items from high school) was destroyed, and his publicist says his house will probably be condemned.

ya. thats crappy n all, but i just pulled up yer country singers networth and i aint about to feel all that shitty for a guy thats the 4th highest grossing country singer in america worth $22,000,000+

show me some stories about single moms/dads bustin they asses with no flood insurance that just lost everything they own aswell as any/or no credit they may or may not have posessed.

I think he was just posting a pic with a story to go with it there champ

I don't give a fuck about a Kenny chesney either.

Local / regional media is really the only people covering it. The water is receding so the news crews are leaving. Now it's just a big ass cleanup of dirt and river crap. If you want to watch some real shit go to

http://www.WSMV.com

that's the news station literally up the street from me. Actually I live on the hill their broadcasting aentenna is on, which is what saved my ass with floods on 3 sides. I went to get our gear out of opryland hotel - the actual interior isn't that bad, but downstairs, the whole loading dock and basement is completely under 20+ ft of water. There was a 5 person opryland staff team with our 3 person crew just to make sure we didn't go ANYWHERE past the room our stuff was in. The mall next door is still partially flooded, and cops were serving as gatekeepers for the parkway exit to it. It's pretty ducked up, so far the death toll is 22 and still rising as they sweep whole neighborhoods in remoter areas. I know it's no katrina, but damn can we get some airtime?

well the point is that its pretty fucking obvious peoples houses are flooded, and yes. even condemned.

im not castrating the guy for posting your beloved co-honky tonk's home in distress but i feel a hell of alot worse for hard working blue collar people like Bindar Dundat drowning in feces and escaped zoo pirhana's eating to death the 6 month month old baby unable to escape her flooded crib.