AMC Greenlights Zombie Series

shitbull

http://eztv.it/tvnews/5030/amc-greenlights-zombie-series/

(Article by Tim Surette, TV.com Staff Writer)

Despite AMC's slip up with its remake of The Prisoner, we're pretty confident that it will continue to pump out quality programming to join its two hits Breaking Bad and Mad Men. And the next show to join the network's slate will be an adaptation of Robert Kirkman's graphic novel series The Walking Dead, a comic about... ZOMBIES. Today AMC ordered six episodes of the show for its first season, making me one very happy nerd.

As far as trends go, zombies are a thing I can get behind. And having read the first book of the series, I can say that The Walking Dead is more than just about a few survivors running through a mall while lumbering undead try and snack on their frontal lobes.

Though shuffling meatbags with an appetite for braaaaains will be the initial draw of The Walking Dead, the real deal with the comic is how human nature evolves (or devolves) through crisis and the need for survival trumps morality. Because of this, the series is primed for some incredibly tense moments even when zombies aren't on screen.

The lead role has yet to be cast, but a new frontrunner has come into light, according to horror site Bloody Disgusting. Jonny Lee Miller, formerly of Eli Stone and Trainspotting is in talks to play Rick Grimes, the cop who wakes from a coma to find America overrun by the living dead. Other candidates rumored for the role include Mark Pellegrino (Jacob from Lost, Lucifer from Supernatural) and Jamie Bamber (Apollo from Battlestar Galactica). If either Miller or Pellegrino gets cast, I'll be a happy camper.

Overseeing and helming the project will be Frank Darabont, the director of The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile.

Can you tell I'm excited for this?

http://www.tv.com/amc-greenlights-zombie-series/story/22229.html

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

oh snap

but zombies ARE some hipster shit though... ex. toronto zombie walk day or w.e that shits called, a lot of hipsters go to that shit. sterotypes arent ALWAYS true, but they are loosely based on facts. i hear what youre saying though

that being said, the idea of zombies are still cool, greasy v-neck faggots pretending to be covered in blood are not

"The lead role has yet to be cast, but a new frontrunner has come into light, according to horror site Bloody Disgusting. Jonny Lee Miller, formerly of Eli Stone and Trainspotting is in talks to play Rick Grimes, the cop who wakes from a coma to find America overrun by the living dead. Other candidates rumored for the role include Mark Pellegrino (Jacob from Lost, Lucifer from Supernatural) and Jamie Bamber (Apollo from Battlestar Galactica). If either Miller or Pellegrino gets cast, I'll be a happy camper.

Overseeing and helming the project will be Frank Darabont, the director of The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile"

that sorta made it sond promising for me

ill give it a chance, just one

people that worry about something being considered a "hipster trend" are usually the actual hipsters. be yourself douche.

actually no. its a clear example actually. like pbr. like plastic frame glasses and ironic tshirts. and my whole thing with hipsterism apart from the rediculous dress code is the fact you all wave the "be yourself im so unique" flag yet you all look the same. and you all follow trends more so than any other genre of "culture" probably because you all have loaded trust funds with no commitment to refining something. you just buy it.

look at hipster graff, its baught. bitten. they chomp on an "easy" style with stupid looking irony all over it. that "easy" style was developped by king writers. you people piss all over it and yourselves everytime you wake up in the morning. you ALL rock that shit. you ever see a hipster writer do a different style? SERIOUSLY have you? think about that, have you EVER FUCKING seen one do like straight letter throwys. or nice crisp piecs.

no. every single one of them copies the same fucking style. all of them. now translate that into there lioves. fashion. music. everything. they are plastic. hipsterism is the EPICENTER of white corporate exploits and there rish white kids.

you may aswell be goth. same shit. "were individual" "were different" well no, no your not. your wearing face paint like a fucking moron with painted nails and black hair w/black clothes like every other goth skid.

zombies are pbr which is tight pants which are ironic t-shirts.

hopefully the guilt when you snap into reality of how stupid you looked will induce suicide. the world needs less people like that and more like me.

^^ says the hipster. ironic, aint it.

but ya that being said, zombie movies are kinda dope. took me a minute to figure out why. but its the gore and the thought of being able to walk around wiping people/places/zombies the fuck out using anything thats around you. gun. bat. golf club. with no remorse because its an understanding that a zombie, is not a person nor does it think like one any more.

you dont have to be a hipster to like zombie flicks. but you do have to like zombie flicks to be a hipster.

the concept of a zombie has been around for thousands of years in many cultures.

so have scruffy skid beards and greasy hair. another example of "hipster irony" considering most of them are rich.

everything is ironic. thats why they do graffiti. for the irony on some rich kid in the hood doing what the black kids do on colors. im dead serious quote all my shit its true. they dont give a shit about music. really. they are the biggest group of talentless losers made of plastic.

of course there are eceptions to the rule, as with any. but any true artists thats classified as a hipster isnt really what i consider a hipster. there artistic. and thruought time dress differently act sometimes perhaps more feminine than they should and are not an a-typical dude.

those ones arent concerned with how they look. they dont map there wardrobes out or makes sure theres pbr in the fridge. they care about there music. there grasff. there whatever. they might dress like a fagget but they have fagget tendencies to begin with.

i dont care about them, they kool. its the fake wannabe fronts that make up 99.9% of the hipster wave.

so have scruffy skid beards and greasy hair. another example of "hipster irony" considering most of them are rich.

everything is ironic. thats why they do graffiti. for the irony on some rich kid in the hood doing what the black kids do on colors. im dead serious quote all my shit its true. they dont give a shit about music. really. they are the biggest group of talentless losers made of plastic.

of course there are eceptions to the rule, as with any. but any true artists thats classified as a hipster isnt really what i consider a hipster. there artistic. and thruought time dress differently act sometimes perhaps more feminine than they should and are not an a-typical dude.

those ones arent concerned with how they look. they dont map there wardrobes out or makes sure theres pbr in the fridge. they care about there music. there grasff. there whatever. they might dress like a fagget but they have fagget tendencies to begin with.

i dont care about them, they kool. its the fake wannabe fronts that make up 99.9% of the hipster wave.

taylorhicks.jpg

taylorhicks.jpg

taylorhicks.jpg

taylorhicks.jpg

taylorhicks.jpg

taylorhicks.jpg

they should make a zombie movie or show about how the rest of the world/country is dealing with a zombie crisis but a group of hipsters in brooklyn are able to live with zombie hasidic jews. the hasid zombies can only eat kosher meat (other jews) and are inactive and at home on the sabbath, so that being said the hipsters can party and be ironic all day that day.

:rolleyes::D