Anthony Bourdain Appreciation Thread

earl broclo ESQ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
are you familiar with korea? because i have a theory that most people like every episode of bourdain except the one he does in the city they're from.

I agree with you and Suki on this one. I think the Korea episode was a very early one, so it wasn't established in it's format yet and how the show was going to be put together 100%. In Korea he ate the most boring shit they had and did the most ridiculously typical dumb shit that a Korean, that has never lived in Korea would make you do. That girl was fucking annoying. He could have read the in flight booklet on Korea and gotten more enjoyment out of his trip than he did being dragged around with that twit who's only knowledge of Korea was stories she heard growing up. I mean, she took him to a fucking noraebang(karaoke room) and acted like it's the most necessary part of a visit to Korea.

But, yeah. It's had to please everyone from a place he visits because there is obviously so much that you can experience depending on your personality and interests.

I also love Bourdain for calling out vegetarians for being rude dickholes when they are in foreign countries. First world luxury indeed.

-Hateroofoverzealousforeignersvisitinghomelandoner

Holy shit, i just came across this....

3fc13202ebc89785_15562_204608427938_20412632938_3269122_85557_n.xxlarge.jpg

The long-awaited follow-up to the megabestseller Kitchen Confidential

In the ten years since his classic Kitchen Confidential first alerted us to the idiosyncrasies and lurking perils of eating out, from Monday fish to the breadbasket conspiracy, much has changed for the subculture of chefs and cooks, for the restaurant business—and for Anthony Bourdain.

Medium Raw explores these changes, moving back and forth from the author's bad old days to the present. Tracking his own strange and unexpected voyage from journeyman cook to globe-traveling professional eater and drinker, and even to fatherhood, Bourdain takes no prisoners as he dissects what he's seen, pausing along the way for a series of confessions, rants, investigations, and interrogations of some of the most controversial figures in food.

Beginning with a secret and highly illegal after-hours gathering of powerful chefs that he compares to a mafia summit, Bourdain pulls back the curtain—but never pulls his punches—on the modern gastronomical revolution, as only he can. Cutting right to the bone, Bourdain sets his sights on some of the biggest names in the foodie world, including David Chang, the young superstar chef who has radicalized the fine-dining landscape; the revered Alice Waters, whom he treats with unapologetic frankness; the Top Chef winners and losers; and many more.

And always he returns to the question "Why cook?" Or the more difficult "Why cook well?" Medium Raw is the deliciously funny and shockingly delectable journey to those answers, sure to delight philistines and gourmands alike.

The expected publication date for Medium Raw is June 8, 2010.

Im stoked!

somebody posted a flick of the "Les Halles" book. That shit is a must have for anyone interested in learning very classic technique driven french bistro fare. From dishes like pate de campagne , brandade de morue all the way to rognons de veau a la moutarde. shit is fucking legit. And also to co-sign what fist said bout him being on point with the lifestyle that being a cook in higher end establishments go. bourdain gets his props

Bourdain is the man, love dthe Kitchen Confidential book and have seen pretty much all the No Reservations series as well, looks like he would be fun to go out drinking with.

The episode where he goes to all the different cultrual areas in NY was pretty interesting to an outsider.

when he came to new orleans it was a shitty show.

but its gotta be hard to make a good show about new orleans.

treme sucks except for my tags that i see in it.

kville sucked.

meh.

yeah, his nola show wasn't good...but then again, it differed from the rest of his episodes since it

was a tribute to everything coming back in the wake of katrina