Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
earl broclo ESQ

Anthony Bourdain Appreciation Thread

In the modern day of "Reality" TV scams, there are few channels I can watch without rushing to the gun rack and putting the barrel in my mouth. One channel that I can usually rely on is The Travel Channel. Most of their talent can be a little too sugar coated for my bitter hateful heart, but one true master of television always brings faith back into my tv --Anthony Bourdain.

anthony-bourdain-no-reserva.jpg

I know his show is produced and scripted, but it doesn't matter. The dude holds down "reality" for me when it comes to how he writes. I also like how he calls people out on his show and talks shit.

So I think this dude deserves some appreciation. One of the best shows on TV hands down.

• Like 2

agreed, every time I travel I try to think "What would Bourdain Do?". I always try to go to local spots and do what the locals do. I hate cheesy tourist stuff

I watch his show all the time. The man knows how to travel properly (cameras and crew aside) and has one of the coolest J-O-B's ever. Yep.

i like the way he goes about cutting the bullshit and portrays the real essence of the

people/places he visits.

bourdain is pretty much my hero. i worked fine dining restaurants as a butcher, saucier, prep bitch, dishwasher, etc for about a decade. i've seen just about every side of the restaurant industry in America and his books and shows are so thoroughly on point.

Cocaine is considered coffee in the restaurant industry.

Bourdain speaks openly about his past. To be honest, I have friends who while in Culinary school had him visit. From what I hear, the dude still parties like it's 1983.

Awesome show

Caught the ones whenhe was in India and anotherin Iran

muthafuckin Iran son

From what I hear, the dude still parties like it's 1983.

i didnt have cable for a couple years so i didnt watch no reservations for a while until recently and was like wtf? he quit smoking, is now married and has a daughter, he mitta gone straight from what it looks. not sure tho

Bourdain is the only celebrity i have the autograph of. He was doing a book signing down the street from an old job I had and one of the servers went to it and had him sign a food ticket for the cooks. I'll look for it.

Kitchen Confidential is great. Still fun to pick up anytime and read a chapter.

And No Reservations has been on Netflix instawatch lately which is fucking great.

i eat bread on my couch and imagine it's what he's eating.

• Like 1

i secretly want him to be my dad.

wait. no homo.

this ones good:

A_Cook_s_Tour02.jpg

kinda behind the scenes stuff for his first couple seasons

i love no reservations and i especially love how he sarcastically pokes fun of the food network chefs.

however, i hated his episode on korea. it sucked and his stupid korean assistant is an idiot for showing

him what she did or didn't.

the chapter in kitchen confidential regarding why he originally wanted to be a chef is epic... he watched a chef fuck a scendelous freshly married woman n knew it was his calling

appreciated....i found his show on accident almost a couple years ago when i was channel surfing.

kitchen confidential is on my list of books to read.

he has a good sense of humor.

as i said before...appreciated!

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now