Anthony Bourdain Appreciation Thread

earl broclo ESQ

In the modern day of "Reality" TV scams, there are few channels I can watch without rushing to the gun rack and putting the barrel in my mouth. One channel that I can usually rely on is The Travel Channel. Most of their talent can be a little too sugar coated for my bitter hateful heart, but one true master of television always brings faith back into my tv --Anthony Bourdain.

anthony-bourdain-no-reserva.jpg

I know his show is produced and scripted, but it doesn't matter. The dude holds down "reality" for me when it comes to how he writes. I also like how he calls people out on his show and talks shit.

So I think this dude deserves some appreciation. One of the best shows on TV hands down.

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

bourdain is pretty much my hero. i worked fine dining restaurants as a butcher, saucier, prep bitch, dishwasher, etc for about a decade. i've seen just about every side of the restaurant industry in America and his books and shows are so thoroughly on point.

From what I hear, the dude still parties like it's 1983.

i didnt have cable for a couple years so i didnt watch no reservations for a while until recently and was like wtf? he quit smoking, is now married and has a daughter, he mitta gone straight from what it looks. not sure tho

i love no reservations and i especially love how he sarcastically pokes fun of the food network chefs.

however, i hated his episode on korea. it sucked and his stupid korean assistant is an idiot for showing

him what she did or didn't.

are you familiar with korea? because i have a theory that most people like every episode of bourdain except the one he does in the city they're from. for example, my least favorite is hawaii, because i felt there was historically inaccurate info about the food and he went to more touristy restaurants than local spots. but overall i give the man his props.

bourdain is pretty much my hero. i worked fine dining restaurants as a butcher, saucier, prep bitch, dishwasher, etc for about a decade. i've seen just about every side of the restaurant industry in America and his books and shows are so thoroughly on point.

Pretty much this. Seems like a guy who just did things his way and that's why people love him. Good to see him getting his due. Did you know he wrote a sci-fi novel before Kitchen Confidential?