Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
forsit

Sobriety

so you're basing your statements on second hand information that you got from people you have known....

way better then my first hand experience, you are entitled to your opinion...just saying you are wrong about it being a catalyst to Christianity.

a muslim could work the steps and focus on his higher power as Allah...

what the program really comes down to is when you are a seriously fucked up addict and alcoholic, sometimes you can benefit from the experience of others who have been through he same thing.

so you start going to meetings, and people talk about how they used to be hella fucked up and then they stopped and this is how they stopped and that you can do the same.

the whole thing about a higher power....is more or less a mental thing in order to give hope to people who are down and out.

if you can't agree there is something in this world that is greater than yourself....well then I feel sorry for you.

The ignorance of some people...

You posted a thread about your 12 steps program on 12oz prophet.

The fuck kind of response did you expect?

A dishonest one?

haha read the thread he has gotten all types of responses....

some positive and some negative.....opinions are like assholes everyones got one

Estelle-Getty-profile.jpg.40df410e3289e610c0968aee3506f9f2.jpg

so you're basing your statements on second hand information that you got from people you have known....

I would say that my second hand analysis of people that I know would trump your first hand blindness.

Especially when it seems to match the general consensus, including people who have walked in your shoes.

But what do I know.

I'm just some dude standing on the outside witnessing what I've witnessed.

Like I said in my first post, please feel free to "do you".

Cause I'll sure as fuck keep on feeling free to "do me" by pointing and laughing at people like you.

laugh all you want.....

i know how im living, comfortable.....so much so i don't need to point fingers.

anyway....congrats forsit, keep it up. i

• Like 1

Sober for 2 1/2 years now. Hit rock bottom after going hard for a good 15 years straight, destroyed a lot of good shit in the process. Pretty much had to restart my life. Trying to get all those years back. Did it myself in my own way. Wasn't easy.

• Like 1

thanks, ralphy.

and kaizer, you have to experience it firsthand to understand. just like everything else.

Fuck drugs/alchoul, all i got was this lousy ass post, child support and no yob!!!

Mang i hate weed been clean from that ish for a week "Feels Good Man"

• Like 1

I agree with Ralphy. I was raised Catholic but by no means practice the religion anymore. I have been running through NA for 3 years now and it never worked until I chose to accept the fact Im powerless over my addiction and you need to give yourself up to your OWN higher power. Whether its God, Allah, the hooker that gives you two dollar head whops down on west main st., etc... I had various amounts of clean time and relapsed, cleaned up, repeat. For about 7-8 years. Thats a whole lot of shooting dope, oxys, coke, xanax, smoking rock and drinking. That shit led me nowhere but the fuckin crowbar hotel, detox, and sober houses. Being forced to stay in a room with fuckin Flacco who never washes his damn feet and thinks living in a sober house defies all basic hygiene laws is fucking WHACKJONES. I caught a few cases on my last relapse and I'm going through a drug court program which sucks but its helping me tremendously and I have about 10 months clean time and it feels great. Its good to have a nice whip, fresh gear, a lineup every 3 or 4 days, money in my pocket and bank, and friends and family. Running around like the junky non homo version of Omar from the Wire gets old quick. Losing all your homies to ODs isnt too fun either. Point is sobriety isn't for everyone but if you are slipping into dependancy on substances or alcohol watch your back cuz you will be dancing with the devil with the quickness, get out before its too late.

i love it when people are sober.

i prefer to smoke a little weed (i'm not stoned out of my fuckin mind)

but i like to hang out with friends who don't get messed up, or only do it in moderation

sloppy drunks and asshole druggies are no fun for me and haven't been in a long time

90 days clean... i also love it.... when i first was getting clean it was the hardest thing to do, and i thought i'd never be able to enjoy doing anything without being high... now it's almost the complete reverse.

//dopefiendoner.

Thats real....the initial period seems like sobriety is impossible. But after sometime it ends up being like a new drug.....you want it.

i've been sober for a few extended periods throughout my life. being that i am an alcoholic, it's kinda hard not to drink but i feel that i have a pretty good handle on things now. i realize when it's time to stop drinking and i limit how many days i drink so that it doesn't get outta control. it took me too many court cases to figure it out so maybe drinking isn't such a good idea for people like me.

A lot of us try and control our drinking in those ways.....certain days or certain types etc.

But there is really no difference because the problem is how the drink affects my actions...no matter what day it is, i generally drink untii i become out of control and dangerous.

People can drink once a month and still be alcoholics...

My ex-roommate left me a voice message yesterday after I called him asking why he hadn't paid rent...."dude, I lost my job and checked myself into rehab in another city hundreds of miles away."

WTF, asshole didn't pay his rent, didn't tell me until 5 days after the 1st and didn't move any of his shit out....fuckin addicts.

At least he is seeking help...I guess.

He has has no shit of value and I will likely never see him again since we all moving out the spot soon. I got a G of his wrapped up in the deposit so it will come back around in a few. Kinda thankful to not have a closet coke fiend around anymore.

I don't get how people get so addicted to coke. I mean heroin or crack I can understand I guess, but coke? Don't get me wrong, it's awesome, but I won't even pay for the shit, nevermind spinning so far out of control that I lose my job, burn my roommates, and have to go to rehab.

People are weird

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now