Sobriety

forsit

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been sober for a few extended periods throughout my life. being that i am an alcoholic, it's kinda hard not to drink but i feel that i have a pretty good handle on things now. i realize when it's time to stop drinking and i limit how many days i drink so that it doesn't get outta control. it took me too many court cases to figure it out so maybe drinking isn't such a good idea for people like me.

A lot of us try and control our drinking in those ways.....certain days or certain types etc.

But there is really no difference because the problem is how the drink affects my actions...no matter what day it is, i generally drink untii i become out of control and dangerous.

People can drink once a month and still be alcoholics...

My ex-roommate left me a voice message yesterday after I called him asking why he hadn't paid rent...."dude, I lost my job and checked myself into rehab in another city hundreds of miles away."

WTF, asshole didn't pay his rent, didn't tell me until 5 days after the 1st and didn't move any of his shit out....fuckin addicts.

At least he is seeking help...I guess.

He has has no shit of value and I will likely never see him again since we all moving out the spot soon. I got a G of his wrapped up in the deposit so it will come back around in a few. Kinda thankful to not have a closet coke fiend around anymore.

I don't get how people get so addicted to coke. I mean heroin or crack I can understand I guess, but coke? Don't get me wrong, it's awesome, but I won't even pay for the shit, nevermind spinning so far out of control that I lose my job, burn my roommates, and have to go to rehab.

People are weird

ya its kinda funny. i mean, unless your doing it without drinking. or without retardedly long on going benders with bottomless pockets. its pretty tough to get hella jonesed out on powder.

if your livin a rockstar lifestyle where your money and time is endless then ya. pretty easy to slip into that realm. but if youv got a head on your shoulders. arent doing it every night and excessively at that, yer fine.

that being said some people just have insanely addictive personalities where they have to push the limits everytime with everything they do. and they/we are the ones that get in to deep with drugs.

you have to keep raising that bar to atain that level of party.

shits weaksauce and borderline junky status if repeaded.

leading to full blown junkie status if again, repeaded repeaded repeaded. but that type of person is destined for addiction with anything they fuck with.

most people arent like that and are drawn to hackin rails here and there at the bar or a party/around chicks for the social aspect and are using it just like they would having a few beers.

the addict will use it as he/she would to down a two-six and black out.

i remember first getting into lines when i was like 17. and immediatly it was game fucking on. we were already stealing anything we could get our hands on including cars, so once we discovered that shit it was everyday. no booze.

shits wild when your young. adventure shit, goonie status to the next exponent.

but cokes expensive. and when your doing it everyday on a theifs payroll you find eviler cheaper longer lasting shit to fuck with. hence over a half decade of my life i wasted burning crank.

im struggling with this myself. i love to drink. the only thing i dont like about it, besides being forgetful about stuff, is the whole weight gaining part. if i could stay in better shape and drink, i'd be fine...

i need to cut back though, thats for sure. Being sober, just seems like it would suck. i dont think id want to go out anywhere.

My ex-roommate left me a voice message yesterday after I called him asking why he hadn't paid rent...."dude, I lost my job and checked myself into rehab in another city hundreds of miles away."

WTF, asshole didn't pay his rent, didn't tell me until 5 days after the 1st and didn't move any of his shit out....fuckin addicts.

At least he is seeking help...I guess.

sell his shit for his part of the rent.

serious.

i havn't really found anything bad about it... it sucked at first, because i had to get used to doing everything without being high - but once i got a sober network and realized i can have fun without being jam-faced... my life has been nothing short of amazing.

not to say i don't have everyday life bullshit, but it is what it is -

//lovebeingsoberoner.

been good for two weeks. don't have any serious urge to drink, but it sure would make chillin' at the beach solo a lot more fun. I do, however, feel a lot better on a daily basis. i enjoy being able to eat my heart out when there's tasty food around. that's something that you can't really do when you're hungover constantly...

we will see where it goes from here.

you become morbidly obese and die from a heart attack