Sobriety

forsit

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did a stint from sun-until tonight:

* did't really see the big deal, beer makes me way happier.

Because you don't have sober time haha. A few days isn't going to change anything. You have to work the steps and whatnot to truly be happy. You have to want it.

been good for two weeks. don't have any serious urge to drink, but it sure would make chillin' at the beach solo a lot more fun. I do, however, feel a lot better on a daily basis. i enjoy being able to eat my heart out when there's tasty food around. that's something that you can't really do when you're hungover constantly...

we will see where it goes from here.

been good for two weeks. don't have any serious urge to drink, but it sure would make chillin' at the beach solo a lot more fun. I do, however, feel a lot better on a daily basis. i enjoy being able to eat my heart out when there's tasty food around. that's something that you can't really do when you're hungover constantly...

we will see where it goes from here.

...the weekend fastly approaches:

(the true test)

...the weekend fastly approaches:

(the true test)

haha, if anything, the weekend is when i won't drink. chilling with fam and the like, i don't feel the need to drink at all. it's these solo weekdays sittin' at the beach people-watching which i feel alcohol would only enhance...

Sobriety is for everyone. I'm not gonna knock alcoholics/drug addicts though, being I am one myself, but it's at least worth a try.

naw its not needed for everyone. theres alot more people in the world that can go out and have one drink, rather than 20.

i fall on the ladder side. would i like to be able to have 'a' beer with dinner? fuck ya. but i cant.

not everyone needs to be sober. lifes to short.

im always confused when younger people talk about "drinking to much" not sayin thats you, but thats what the fuck you do when your young. thats how you fuck chicks, have fun, create stories that last a liftime aswell as mking a fuckload of homies.

i dont think one can truly say they have a problem into there well approaching there 30's and most other people have settled down and became focused on the "more important things" of life.

of course there are exeptions to every generalized statement but overall thats how i look at it.

there are so many drugs involved with todays society that previous generations never had access to so perhaps the addicts from previous were drawn to alchol by default. but again, in nowadys times addicts migrate toward drug use because of the ammount of choices that are out there and effect different peoples brains just that, differently. and thusly they choose there poison that way.

to be an alcoholic at an early age you really have to work at it, not something that happens overnight.

I became a full blown alcoholic at the age of 17. I'm only 20 now. I drank everyday to black out. I didn't drink to "have fun". I drank to feel normal. Do I miss it? Of course. Did I drink too much? Fuck yes I did. I'm not saying it happened over night, but it did happen fast.

IMG_4473.JPG.ccf65d2be1af3b493a7f83002ca5e107.JPG

IMG_4589.JPG.76eed47a753f1937a43df908be600e32.JPG

IMG_4593.JPG.c2657491b69cbfca74f3b7d3c47b77ed.JPG

bottom line is addicts are addicts but alcohol is an extremely grey area due to its social acceptance and just outright part of most young persons everyday life.

Just because it's accepted it doesn't mean you can't have a problem with it!

im not 100% clean, but i have cut my drinking down to maybe 1 or 2 units a week (maybe a bottle or 2 max per week). i do like waking up with a clear head, having more money to blow on cigarettes, and being able to laugh at people with hangovers (my last hangover was christmas day).

please bear in mind that i manage a good bar with good booze. the potential for me to become a full blown booze head is rather large.