I wish I was a Samurai

LexDiamonds

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep seeing some fucking samurai zooming pass by on a GSX-R on my way to school.

the whole fucking attire.

he's way to quick too catch a flick of this mysterious samuraiiii

edit.

somehow i found him on google images.

ninjabiker.jpg

http://blogtown.portlandmercury.com/2008/05/mayor_ninja_biker_welcome_in_p.php

http://blog.oregonlive.com/commuting/2010/02/commuting_mystery_who_is_portl.html

thats fuckin funny

"Actually, I don't think we've settled the question as to whether this was a ninja or a samurai. I thought he was a samurai. But if he's a ninja, we could have a real problem. I was doing some internet research and found these facts about ninjas (courtesy of realultimatepower.net):

1. Ninjas are mammals.

2. Ninjas fight ALL the time.

3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people."

lollll

Also, Japanese people will think you're a straight up nerd if you ever mention Ninja or Samurai.

It would be like some Japanese person into knights and asking about jousting and shit.

This is funny. I've been hanging out with a friend from japan a lot lately. We mostly talk about music and his website. So we went out for drinks and I started asking questions about Japan. I actually started by saying "Look, I'm just your average white American guy who loved Samurai flicks."

That lead to him laughing and saying "I know!"

Then he said "The Japanese president is a moron." And that lead us into a conversation about politics and the history of that part of Asia. Fuck Google y'all --get a Japanese friend!

basically the yakuza were only gamblers and kiosk owners

after wwii the american govt hired the yakuza to keep the peace

their reward was that they could run a black market

from there they ventured into other things. in modern times they are remembered

for what they did during the kobe earthquake. they handed out food and water while the j govt turned

american helicopters carrying supplies away because the people aboard didn’t have visas.

higher ranking guys usually love americans and are pretty nice to talk too.

the young wanna be guys are pretty much tards. they dress, talk, walk and act like yakuza but

most of them are just construction workers that have an attitude. you get paid very little ($28-30,000/year us)for 80-100hrs of work a week.

yes i'm a fucking nerd what can i do...

i guy i knew that was pretty high up on the totem pole would love to introduce me to prepubescent girls and say

how old? she how old?

-uhh 18 (i was being nice)

no no lol how old

-16?

no 14 tight tight, very good. he then demonstrates by forcing his finger into his closed fist. the girl turns red

-yeah i’m sure she is

this story played out numerous times

one time he has some fruity looking boy with him that is 17

he says you like?

-what? guys? hell no.

you americans. boys very very tight more than girls

-i’ll have to take your word on that one

yeah a bit too long. i could imagine myself buying a condo or a small house there but

i would never work and live there full time ever again. too much bullshit to deal with.

i like the luxuries of 'variety' that america offers

i fucking read books, i cut off every friend i've ever had, and besides work and grocery shopping

i don't leave the house. i'm either a nerd or a recluse. i hate most people i can't help it.

it didn't. serum can't help it if that turned you on.

For content:

I enjoyed this book:

Shogun.jpg

About a Dutch ship's captain who is stranded in Japan and is taken in by the elite ruling class after proving his worth. Based on historical figures and events. I thought it was quite insightful into what feudal Japan would have been like for the ruling class. Kind of sheds some light on what made Japan how it is today as well.

• Like 1

4770030185.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Demon's Sermon on the Martial Arts

in the vein of hagakure

also if you are interested in day to day life of japanese people back in the day

try books by ihara saikaku

Amorous or erotic stories

* The Life of an Amorous Man (好色一代男, Kōshoku Ichidai Otoko?, 1682)

* The Great Mirror of Beauties: Son of an Amorous Man (好色二代男 諸艶大鏡, Kōshoku Nidai Otoko Shoen Okagami ?, 1684)

* Five Women Who Loved Love (好色五人女, Kōshoku Gonin Onna?, 1685)

* The Life of an Amorous Woman (好色一代女, Kōshoku Ichidai Onna?, 1686) (made into the 1952 movie The Life of Oharu by Kenji Mizoguchi)

* The Great Mirror of Male Love (The Encyclopedia of Male Love) (男色大鑑, Nanshoku Okagami?, 1687)

[edit] Townspeople (Chōnin 町人) stories

* Twenty Cases of Unfilial Children (本朝二十不孝, Honchō Nijū Fukō?, 1686)

* The Eternal Storehouse of Japan (日本永代蔵, Nippon Eitaigura?, 1688)

* Reckonings that Carry Men Through the World or This Scheming World (世間胸算用, Seken Munazan'yō?, 1692)

[edit] Warrior stories

* Transmission of the Martial Arts (武道伝来記, Budō Denraiki?, 1687)

* Tales of Samurai Honor (武家義理物語, Buke Giri Monogatari?, 1688)

[edit] Sample prose

Men take their misfortunes to heart, and keep them there. A gambler does not talk about his losses; the frequenter of brothels, who finds his favorite engaged by another, pretends to be just as well off without her; the professional street-brawler is quiet about the fights he has lost; and a merchant who speculates on goods will conceal the losses he may suffer. All act as one who steps on dog dung in the dark.

When the did the made for TV movie of Shogun, my mother made me watch it every time it was on. I saw parts of it later on in life, and that shit is so fucking corny. haha

Not sure. I would guess mid-late 70s maybe. The book was so good that I downloaded the TV show and didn't even make it through 1 episode it was so bad. Don't take how bad the show was into consideration at all; the book is a different beast entirely.

I have almost the entire set of those Lone Wolf & Cub graphic novels.

Im missing like 4 or 5 books.

Very good shit.

irak.

i'm a better samurai then your ass will ever be son! :lol:

whats good man!

-boat

on the original thread topic.

samurai movies are dope, i think it was you lex who sent me a bunch.

• Like 1