I wish I was a Samurai

LexDiamonds

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the whole homo/nonhomo thing is all over

in afghani culture its not gay unless there is emotional attachment to the one you're fucking--its just a means of getting off w/o defiling a woman.

i don't get it, never will, but it seems that a western understanding of homosexuality is any touching between two males, and maybe eastern thought is that its only gay if there is an emotional relationship.

haven't studied sexuality much, but that seems to be the recurring theme.

There was also an enormous amount of homosexual activity in Sparta. Sorry "300" fanboys.

It was largely between the younger men training to become fully fledged warriors, and their superiors. It basically boiled down to tradition and was designed to bring the warriors closer together and appreciate each other as men, although as fist alluded to with Afghani culture, there wasn't an emotional relationship involved.

Another fun fact: when Spartans married, their wives cut their hair short and essentially dressed like a male trainee. The groom then "broke in" to a room the wife had been locked in, and acted out raping her.

when i was younger i grew up in an area with alot of chinese people. my friends were all either chinese or italian. my best friend was chinese. sister babysat me, played street hockey everyday together. his parents loved me. and vice versa.

they always had the crazy chinese satelites n shit. used to love watching all them samuri shows no doubt. loved that shit.

he was murdered out front of a nightclub when we were like 24. shot like 6 times. we shoulda been rockin samuri swords rather than hockey sticks, ha.

RIP the homie.

chinese niguhs cant be samurai..its all about the japs.nigger.

The sword design is definitely a big deal, but in reality it is the person who wields that shit. Bushido is so fucking insane. I've always wanted to start classes, but never put the money or motivation into it.

You're a New Yorker, you know of any good spots? I don't want to be taught some some guy that looks like Bobby Flay or Mario Batali.

Iaido is pretty expensive to get into.

I don't know any schools in NY but there are several different styles of Iaido

Each have a set of attacks and defense. the major difference is the chiburi

"wiping the blood from the sword" and then re sheathing the sword

personally I like Mugai Ryo the best but in the end any style would do.

The hakama and keikogi would set you back $100 each, then the obi which would be around $35. You could get a wooden sword for practice ($35-$100) and an iaito for around $250-$1000

Classes traditionally in Japan are only done by old people and nerds so they are pretty cheap around $5-8/ class to even free. In america it tends to be a business charging $100/month 1 class a week.

the reality of taking sword classes is that basically your first year you are having people teach you how to get dressed and not have your pants fall down.

the moves that you learn your first day will most likely be the last moves you learn.

there are only a handful of attacks and defensive moves, straight ahead, around the corner to the right, around the corner to the left, four corner attack, diagonal attack etc

you learn to bow to the sword, tie it to you, bow and not lose it.

Your instructor sits in front of you so when he attacks to his left you attack to your left the opposite way.

the mirror style of teaching is extremely irritating. also you will never get taught right

and wrong you just continue doing the wrong shit over and over again for the rest of your lift until you 'figure it out' personally its retarded, you should be shown right

and wrong from the beginning. traditional japanese instructors basically call you a piece of shit every day hoping that you give up without ever offering advice on wtf you are doing wrong.

if you continue coming after a few years even after feeling like a total turd well then you might get a tip or two here or there.

if you found a good instructor that actually spent a minimum of 10 years learning in Japan then it might be worth a shot but to be honest most people learn from jim bob's dojo of doom and then teach after only learning for a few years.

there isn't anything cool happening in iai. its basically meditation sitting painfully on your knees and ankles on top of a wooden floor,

having them fall asleep then getting up as fast as you can without tripping on your hakama

• Like 1

Sonatine is one of my favorite all time flicks. Especially because it is (like you said) slow paced, and so different from any other gangster movie I saw before.

Watch Kikujiro next. It's not a Yakuza flick, but it's shot with that deadpan wide angle shot style and paced really slow. It's a road trip movie where he is suckered by his wife, into bringing their neighbor's kid to see his mother. But Kitano's character is a total fuck up and ends up leading the kid on a fucked up adventure that almost gets him raped by a pedophile. They also meet these three other characters that are unique in their own way. I don't want to give too much away, but it's a great flick. He has a way of creating dramatic pieces, but he mixes this one with his comedic side.

He was a comedian back in the day.

Notice how he doesn't have the twitching eye? That came from a motorcycle accident later in life.

I keep seeing some fucking samurai zooming pass by on a GSX-R on my way to school.

the whole fucking attire.

he's way to quick too catch a flick of this mysterious samuraiiii

edit.

somehow i found him on google images.

ninjabiker.jpg

http://blogtown.portlandmercury.com/2008/05/mayor_ninja_biker_welcome_in_p.php

http://blog.oregonlive.com/commuting/2010/02/commuting_mystery_who_is_portl.html

Damn Serum. You just talked me out of taking classes. Maybe I'll just do Judo instead.

Kendo could be more what you're looking for, Earl.

It's based on all the old stuff, but more sports like.

It's big in Korea, too. Some of my tiny students used to come strolling into class with bamboo swords strapped to their backs.

• Like 2

I keep seeing some fucking samurai zooming pass by on a GSX-R on my way to school.

the whole fucking attire.

he's way to quick too catch a flick of this mysterious samuraiiii

edit.

somehow i found him on google images.

ninjabiker.jpg

http://blogtown.portlandmercury.com/2008/05/mayor_ninja_biker_welcome_in_p.php

http://blog.oregonlive.com/commuting/2010/02/commuting_mystery_who_is_portl.html

hahahaha fucking golden.

You need to track this nigga down and interview him, he's gotta have some good recovered junkie story to tell.

Samurai were ballers, ran the entire country and had all the real power.

Ninja were part timers and had very little significance in Japan but make for better movies in the states.

Honestly, I can't even think of one Ninja movie that wasn't made for American audiences.

Also, Japanese people will think you're a straight up nerd if you ever mention Ninja or Samurai.

It would be like some Japanese person into knights and asking about jousting and shit.

• Like 1

samurai were basically part time soldiers part time police

they had very little money if any and were all pawns that were used and abused by the upper class.

but compared to the normal people they had untouchable status and could do what they wanted.

the merchant class made bank, wore illegal, purple liners inside their kimonos.

only the royal class could wear purple, they had tons of money hidden but pretended to be broke.

ninjas were mainly peasant class they would pretend to be rice farmers,

wait for their target to pass in a caravan, kill them and then blend in with the crowd.

the lowest class is burakumin. they were the lowest of low on the totem pole

grave diggers, leather tanners, butchers

these people along with the korean slaves became yakuza

when i was younger i grew up in an area with alot of chinese people. my friends were all either chinese or italian. my best friend was chinese. sister babysat me, played street hockey everyday together. his parents loved me. and vice versa.

they always had the crazy chinese satelites n shit. used to love watching all them samuri shows no doubt. loved that shit.

he was murdered out front of a nightclub when we were like 24. shot like 6 times. we shoulda been rockin samuri swords rather than hockey sticks, ha.

RIP the homie.

Samurais are japanese not chinese you mug.

jousting and shit.

:lol:

but if you fags want ninjas make a fucking ninja thread dude on a bike wearing pyjamas would look like a suicide bomber and get shot,guy wearing samurai gear on a bike with a katana in back would look like a fucking samurai god on a bike.

ninjas hide in the shadows and throw eggs

samurai run up and cut a bitch in half with one blow.

end.

must spread rep before giving to gasface...damn